VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Wed March 29 2017 8:23am CSTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Both performers passed in 1988

Author:
Bob Grieves
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:16am CST
In reply to: Barbara 's message, "I won't swear to anything but I think" on Wed May 18, 2005 10:25am CST

Christine Nelson died of lung cancer (according to the book "The Final Curtain").

Her album "Didja Come To Play Cards Or To Talk" (which featured her hilarious song "Marvin" and other great ones) had her portraying a Jewish woman. She did it very convincingly, even though she was not Jewish in real life.

I'm not 100 percent sure of the cause of Cathy Carr's death although I have heard it was cancer.

I am not familiar with Lorie Mann's recording of "First Anniversary" but I do know that Cathy Carr recorded a hit version of a song with that title for Roulette Records and that it came very close to making the Top 40, peaking at around 45 as I recall. I am not sure if it was the same song.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.