VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:18:47 08/08/02 Thu
Author: Howard Pepper
Subject: Let me try this again

Ok, I'm a bit calmer this time.

Let's start at the beginning.

I purchased a license to the Envision library. I received an e-mail from support@us.shareit.com with my Username and Authorization Key, and a link to the FAQ that describes how to compile the library without the trial limitations.

I went to the Envision web site and downloaded and installed the library. I then ran the "unpack source code" utility, entering the above mentioned username and authorization key. This produced a nice .zip file, which I then unzipped according to the instructions in the FAQ. I had never installed the trial version, so I didn't have to deinstall it from the Delphi IDE.

I copied the file: "En_D4.bpl" from the D4 directory into the root envision directory, as stated in the FAQ. I then renamed the D4 directory to D4_, again as stated in the FAQ.

Once this was done, I fired-up Delphi 4 and, using the "Install Packages" option of the "Component" menu, I installed the Envision library. The Envision Tab then appeared on the controls tab, and it contained a single control, the "ImageScrollBox" control. I closed down Delphi, then restarted it, making sure the Envision tab was still there. It was.

I then started a new project, dropped the ImageScrollBox onto a blank form, then loaded a jpeg image (filename.jpg) into the ImageScrollBox using the "FileName" property. The image loaded perfectly at design time. I then saved the project, then ran it. It failed giving me this message:

[Fatal Error] Project1.dpr(5): File not Found: 'EnImgScr.dcu'

Thinking I was a genius here ;-), I added the Envision root path to the library path in the "Tools", "Environment Options" dialog box.

The project will now build with out an error, producing an executable file. If I run the program from the Delphi IDE, or from the resulting executable file, however, I get an error dialog box that states:

"Error reading ImageScrollBox1.FileName: Unknown picture file extension (.jpg)".

Would someone PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I obviously can't figure it out myself.

Regards,

Howard Pepper
h_pepper@bellsouth.net

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.