VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Fiddle Tunes for Flatpicking Guitar taught by Dick Fegy

Author:
Kate Spencer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:13:54 09/13/03 Sat

I wanted to let you all know that Mel Bay has gone back through its archives and published a Dick Fegy instruction book. It contains 3 compact discs featuring note-by-note, phrase by phrase instruction. There is no text or discussion of Dick, except for this brief paragraph about the technicalities of the music in this book:
"The sudio lessons in this series were originally recorded in the 1970's. Ther were initially released on audio cassettes. We have gone back to our master tapes to get the best possible sound for this new CD edition. The complete contents of the original recordings have been maintained but certain references to albums that are no longer available or information that is out of date have been edited out.
These lessons originally came with different printed material. These were handwritten and in some cases offered only in tab transcriptions. The lessons have now been typeset in tab/music. As a result some spoken references on the CDs regarding page numbers or a position of a line or phrase may differ slightly from the written music in this edition. We have annoted as carefully and exactly as possible what each track on the CDS present. Please use these track descriptions as your reference guide."
In looking at the CD tracks in the index, there is quite a bit of technical discussion from Dick as he teaches the tunes. Tunes included are "Lord Gordon's Reel", Rights of Man", "June Apple", "Arkansas Traveler", "Trafalgar Hornpipe", "Fisher's Hornpipe".
I somewhat reluctantly will let you know that I have the book here for sale at Maple Leaf Music, only in case anyone would like to know where to get it. I say reluctantly because I primarily want to let you all know that this tribute has now been made to our friend Dick and I think that's important. There's a great phopto of him with guitar and pipe on the cover.
Thanks to all of you who came to the East Coast memorial at the Indian House in Deerfield, Massachusetts. I wish Dick could have been there; it was really his kind of party. I still miss him, think of him often and always will....Kate Spencer

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Thanks Kate. What a wonderful way to pay tribute to the Fege.

Author:
Jan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:37:35 09/22/03 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.