VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:45:15 07/28/04 Wed
Author: Tisha, a.k.a. Mariess
Subject: The Vineyard House in Coloma, CA

Greetings, all:

I came across this site and saw the post regarding the Vineyard House, and I wanted to respond. I grew up in an area about 15-20 minutes from Coloma, and my family used to go and have dinner at the house when it was still being used as a restaurant and inn. I still love going to Coloma, but sadly, the last time I went there, the Vineyard House was still closed to the public and has been for many years now. Growing up, I was fascinated by the stories I heard about it being haunted, and later on, I did some research on the house and found some very interesting stories. I also learned the house's tragic history, and what happened to the original owners, with the husband going blind and going crazy with Syphilus, and dying in the lower part of the house while chained to the wall. This area later became the bar, and many strange things occurred down there; the bartenders had stories of their own. What is also fascinating is that there is a very old graveyard directly across the street from the house, and the original owners are buried there. I remember hearing a story about a customer from the restaurant who heard a woman crying in the graveyard, and who approached the crying woman and touched her, and claimed that a shock went up her arm. There is also a report of a woman in black who has been seen hanging out in the graveyard. I can share some other stories that I read, and maybe I will in another post. I never experienced anything paranormal myself when I went there, but I know that there are people who claimed that they did. After I learned the history of the family, it wasn't too hard to believe that the place would be haunted. The house was used as a jail at one point in time, and I read that men were executed out in front of the house where the parking lot is today. Other criminals were known to have died while jailed in the basement. Old coffins were once found by one of the men who purchased the house (it's had many owners over the years) underneath the front porch, which kind of freaked him out. The family also lost at least one of their children, and there was once a report of a woman in the restaurant that a young child approached her. It was a really neat place, in a beautiful area, and I hope that one day it is opened back up to the public. A friend of mine got married there awhile back, and it was a very nice setting for a wedding. That was the last time I ever got to go inside.

Just thought I'd share! :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.