VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:42:39 09/28/04 Tue
Author: Cheri
Subject: Re: Hot Lake Resort
In reply to: Cheri 's message, "Re: Hot Lake Resort" on 18:02:11 09/27/04 Mon

>>I am interested in everything about this place, and
>>have stories too. Please e-mail me.My e-mail is
>spitenkitten2002@yahoo.com I also wanted to add that I bought a book at the Geiser Hotel in Baker about oregon hauntings. I do not know what I did with that book now so tha I can get my facts right, but the hotel was a huge spa resort at the turn of the century,it did not become a hospital untill the thirties when at least half of it burnt down.(Someone wrote about a relative dying there in 1910 but I dont see how this is possible being it was not a hospital untill I beleive the thirties) They had a pic of what the place use to look like and it was something else. They employed hundreds, the food was the best, and the book stated that patrons (rich) came by train. After the fire thats when it became a hospital, and then for the insane. On the third floor there is a surgery room, with an upper deck where the doctors use to watch what was going on.(I have a pic of my son in that room)No doubt alot of bad stuff was done to these people. In the 7os a couple owned it, cannot recall their names, that turned it back into a single floor hotel,but had all kinds of problems with hauntings.Such as footsteps in the night, a piano playing when there was no piano, chairs in one room that always arranged themselfs in a circle, and a handyman that lived under the surgery room would try to drown out a womans screams at night. After they left it the book said it closed down. Now a local told me that a doctor out of California owned it and that his son took over it in the early 90s.(This is not fact but what I heard) According to this local, the son opened it back up for bathing and spas. The swimming pool there does not seem that old. He was murdored in the red room as he counted his money(some say had to do with drugs) the room was covered in blood and the body dragged to the fireplace room, no blood with the body nor clues who did it. Supposenly the father wanted nothing to do with the place. If anyone knows this story would love to hear if its a fact or not. I went there over a year ago with a group, sneaking in the middle of the night. It was cold and windy and the wind blew harder inside then outside. The doors would slam in your face. It still had stoves, old dryers, blankets, paper work on what the doctors did to the residents, and the zapper(the shock machine)which always was located in a different area each time I went or someone else went. Why anyone would bother is strange cause the thing weighed a ton.(hAVE A PIC OF THAT) We never took anything, did not want anything to follow us back. Carpet that was once rich was still of the first floor. I saw the ole sign on top of the building but never saw the cords that made them flip. The second time I went, the cops came out and really gave us a scare, but they went away. We did see the satanic stuff about and a couple of dead cats, thought that was sick, and made me mad that kids had trashed the windows out and that. Why? My son went with three other boys, now they had an experience. When they arrived, they heard laughter, talking and lights inside. They figure other kids, so they went on in, the noise stopped. When they got to the second floor the footsteps and laughter came right over them. They go up the staircase(no other way for someone to pass) and found noone. Three, including my son became very ill in the surgery room. The footsteps and laughter seemed to come near them and then on the second floor. An owl swooped into the room,(SURGERY ROOM)flew around in an odd way that freaked them out, and they got out of there. My son recorded it this time, and there was one room that had tiles that seemed brand new and scrubbed clean. I called chamber of commerence in La Grande and the place has been bought, eithER by a Louise Rhea or David Manuiel,neither will take messages or return calls as I heard. The place is being restored as a resort hotel and is to open up in 2006. I think they should invite Sylvia Brown, what a Montel show that would make.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.