VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:12:17 11/28/02 Thu
Author: The One True NeoCount
Subject: Re: Oregon ghosts
In reply to: Kat 's message, "Re: Oregon ghosts" on 23:27:19 10/21/02 Mon

The Mummy which you refer to is most likely the infamous "Bandage Man." Don't believe me? Get yourself a copy of Oregon's Ghosts and Monsters. I believe it is actually out of print, so it might be hard to find. It has other things in it as well such as the Portland catacombs and the Crater Lake monster. Mostly just folklore and heresay however.
Should you want to know about an exceptionally haunted house, then, perhaps some of you could help me. I used to live with my aunt in a house in Portland, OR. To say the least, it was "haunted." The house was off of 112th just South of Foster. Aparently at one time it and the house next to it were put up after an insane asylum was torn down. Both houses are connected by a tunnel between the two via the basement, and, the one which I lived in still had some of the steel cuffs in the wall for the inmates. The tunnel has long been filled in. Many many things have happened to me and many others who I know in that house. If anyone is interested I will gladly share, however, mostly I'm interested in finding out more about the house itself. You see, we were told by the owner that it was once reputed as a haunted house, though nobody seems to remember it, and a book was also written on the subject. However, the title of both the book and what they used to refer to the house as seem to be unattainable. I can't find information on it anywhere, except, naturally that I could confirm that indeed it once was an insane asylum and I have also seen the blueprints to one of the two houses on the lot.
Incidentally, on the same road just south of the house is a big cemetery with rumors of it's own. (you can't miss it, coming from Foster Rd. 112th street is basically a large hill and the cemetery is, naturally, at the top. If anyone could help me find more information on the house, then I would be appreciative.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Oregon ghosts -- Mrs. Felipe, 00:49:54 06/27/03 Fri
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.