VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: Re: Stevens Point, Wisconsin (?) Rock festival 1970

Author:
Ramshackle
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:08:36 05/08/15 Fri
In reply to: barb 's message, "Re: Stevens Point, Wisconsin (?) Rock festival 1970" on 19:16:59 10/13/14 Mon

Wow. People still going about Stevenís Point in 2014? And me, I guess in 2015.

Think it was 1970 when I attended.

I remember the lines being so long, after a long drive to get in, we pulled alongside the road in to sleep.

Does anyone remember the line-up?
I know Ravi Shankar played, as did Crow.

Naked, shaggy, stoned guy standing ontop of a truck chucking free watermelon slides into the crowd [ostensibly] to feed them & I think took out a few people who didnít see the missiles coming.

I remember the porta-pots reeking & being inadequate for the crowd, overflowing & you couldnít take a leak behind a tree without someone being there.

Drove offsite to find a lake park to clean up after 2 days & the apparent biker incidents the night before. The next morning the incident(s) was/were claimed to be that some bikers tried to rape & a contingent from the crowd marched up to get to demand they leave & were fired on. There was a police roadblock. Guy (biker, if I recall correectly) getting busted, we thought for dope - he suddenly broke toward our car & tried to force the driver over & hijack us, but got hauled away.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Stevens Point, Wisconsin (?) Rock festival 1970Ramshackle11:32:37 05/08/15 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.