VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:46:19 03/29/13 Fri
Author: Rick
Subject: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets?

Your feedback is appreciated.

R-

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Mark, 04:31:05 03/29/13 Fri [1]

I will absolutely buy season 6-14, there not in trouble are they Rick?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Kim, 06:24:07 03/29/13 Fri [1]

No, I won't buy anymore of the CBS DVS's because I can't play them.

I live in Taiwan and had a friend in the States send me the Official DVD of Bonanza Volume 2. I tried playing it on each of my 2 DVD players and neither one could play the DVD because my players are set for region 3 and DVD's from the States are region 1. I then tried playing it on my computer's DVD player and it would not play on it either.

My point is, I tried to do the legal thing, paid top price for the official release and in the end couldn't play it. YouTube is my only option so I guess no more Bonanza. I'm not happy. Hollywood is so afraid of losing sales, that it hurts honest people like me.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Ponderosa Pete, 08:54:04 03/29/13 Fri [1]

You can purchase a "region-free" DVD player or have your buddy in the U.S. buy you a cheap DVD player and ship it to you in Taiwan. With a voltage converter/adaptor you can use a region 1-coded player where you live no problem. (Your pal can pick up a plug adaptor for you from a Radio Shack or a travel store -- they're pretty cheap.) Sounds like there's a malfunction with your computer if it can't play DVDs. Have it serviced! Finally what exactly is "Bonanza volume 2"? Good luck!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Kim, 08:02:23 03/30/13 Sat [1]

Thanks Ponderosa Pete for your advice and sorry, I wasn't clear before. I purchased season 2, volume two. Even though my computer is only 1 1/2 years old, I still have problems with region 1 stuff. In Taiwan, if the first 3 discs you play are region 1, your player should play only region 1 dvds. Unfortunately, mine doesn't work because it was at Asus the first few months, due to hardware problems. Maybe the ASUS technicians used region 3 DVDs on it so now I can't play region 1. By the way, my computer has legal copies of English software - Windows 7 Home Premium and Office 2010 or 2011. After I sent my first posting, I figured out that my VLC player was the only player that could play the DVD but it is a little jerky and the picture is just as clear as YouTube.

I really want to support Andy and his efforts but right now, it isn't practical.

I used to be able to buy all regional DVDs but thanks to Hollywood, I can't any more. I've asked technicians to fix it for me to no avail.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Kim, 08:04:17 03/30/13 Sat [1]

Thanks Ponderosa Pete for your advice and sorry, I wasn't clear before. I purchased season 2, volume two. Even though my computer is only 1 1/2 years old, I still have problems with region 1 stuff. In Taiwan, if the first 3 discs you play are region 1, your player should play only region 1 dvds. Unfortunately, mine doesn't work because it was at Asus the first few months, due to hardware problems. Maybe the ASUS technicians played region 3 DVDs on it so now I can't play region 1. By the way, my computer has legal copies of English software - Windows 7 Home Premium and Office 2010 or 2011. After I sent my first posting, I figured out that my VLC player was the only player that could play the DVD but it is a little jerky and the picture is just as good as YouTube.

I used to be able to buy all regional DVDs but thanks to Hollywood, I can't any more. I've asked technicians to fix it for me to no avail.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Ponderosa Pete, 08:58:37 03/29/13 Fri [1]

Are you going to keep this web site up, Rick? I think your answer is the same as all Bonanza fans in the states and Canada who would answer your question. Elsewhere, if they have the right equipment I suspect there answer would be the same, too.

HELL, YEAH!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Jimmy, 15:20:53 03/29/13 Fri [1]

Seasons 7-14 are the ones I want the most!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Mike., 16:01:59 03/29/13 Fri [1]

Absolutely. They can't come out soon enough for me.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Mike, 16:04:24 03/29/13 Fri [1]

Any word yet on when additional seasons will be released?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Rick, 19:10:11 03/29/13 Fri [1]

I have 3 region-free DVD & Blu-ray machines for region 2 DVDs (they play ALL regions) to play here in region 1. They all have voltage adaptors and so on. I also have 2 region 1 Blu-ray-DVD players by Sony. Andy will give the word on future seasons when it's time. Web site stays up- HELL, YES! Ha ha.

Rick :)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Dave, 13:45:11 04/03/13 Wed [1]

I will absolutely buy the rest :)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Are you going to buy CBS BONANZA seasons 6-14 DVD sets? -- Hadley, 21:29:45 04/22/13 Mon [1]

This is my response, too -- as long as they all come out while I'm still alive, I intend to buy them. Heh heh.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.