VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:11:42 12/01/15 Tue
Author: Rick
Subject: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases

CBS has imposed a moratorium on their vintage TV shows that are on DVD. This started about two or three years back just after the release of season six, with a long delay until season seven was released much later and the same thing with the release of season eight. CBS put the shows on moratorium for an undisclosed period of time until they feel it's time to release a following season.; Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, ditto, etc. No word from CBS on Bonanza season nine.

At this rate, it will take another five years for CBS to get out the 1967 to 1973 seasons of Bonanza. Gunsmoke can take up to another 10 years to get to the final season. My thanks to Andrew Klyde for supplying me with some of this information about the moratorium. I urgently ask that all fans contact CBS Home Entertainment at their website to request future Bonanza seasons be released on DVD. Thanks and take care.

http://cbshomeentertainment.com/

~Rick

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases -- Betsy, 10:19:30 12/02/15 Wed [1]

Mercy

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases -- Lillian Lieberman, 08:50:49 12/03/15 Thu [1]

I posted my request on CBS Entertainment that I am looking forward to future releases of Bonanza...I hope everyone responds...maybe a write in campaign is what we need to bolster support. Thanks for the heads up, Rick.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases -- Karl Adamowicz, 09:32:45 04/15/16 Fri [1]

Please release more seasons of Bonanza. I will most definetly purchase all the remaining seasons.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases -- F A PETER WEILER (SAD), 19:27:00 04/09/17 Sun [1]

I HAVE THE FIRST 8 SEASONS OF BONANZA. I WANT TO SEE THE REMAINING SEASONS 9 THRU 14 TO BE RELEASED ON DVD IN A TIMELY MANNER. YOU HAVE STARTED THE JOB OF RELEASING THE FIRST 8 SEASONS, SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL FINISH THE JOB. THERE IS NO SENSE IN LEAVING THE JOB HALF DONE. THANK YOU.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases -- J. Richardson (Please release), 03:28:14 06/18/17 Sun [1]

Please release Seasons 9-14 of Bonanza.
Mitch Vogel is the last remaining Cartwright, he should be able to enjoy the release too.
Why wait?
Bonanza fans have waited long enough.
Thanks-

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases -- Gert (Eggens), 13:50:43 01/20/16 Wed [1]

Hello Rick,

You wrote:
"CBS put the shows on moratorium for an undisclosed period of time until they feel it's time to release a following season.; Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, ditto, etc. No word from CBS on Bonanza season nine."

You mentioned Rawhide but they already released all of the eight seasons. You can also buy the complete eight seasons in a nice box set. The link:
http://www.amazon.com/Rawhide-Complete-Clint-Eastwood/dp/B00TZF2KU4/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1453326437&sr=1-1&keywords=rawhide

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases -- Sharon, 05:33:22 01/29/16 Fri [1]

First time poster here.

I have all the sets so far - am anxiously awaiting the release of seasons 9 & up.

At least while we wait, we have the INSP channel finally showing 10, 11, and 12. Am hopeful they will also be showing 13 & 14 - will know that in the next few weeks!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases -- John, 19:30:58 10/15/16 Sat [1]

Nothing like the quality of the digital transfers from the original films. Really hope CBS continues this quality product from such an outstanding show. Come on season 9!

[ Edit | View ]

[> URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays Bonanza releases -- Richard, 12:30:14 07/20/17 Thu [1]

It's beyond belief to hear of such petty corporate dictates! Aside from the fact that one can get the DVDs from Germany(!) (yes, with an English vocal option on them!), the decision makers perhaps have not stopped long enough to realize that the people who would normally buy these DVDs are from an older era, *and of limited number*. This means that major portion of potential buyers is slowly dying off! As such, any promise of future sales has a diminishing return quotient attached to it. Ergo, the longer it takes to produce the DVDs - the less of them will sell.
Wise up Hollywood moguls - make the DVDs while you still can sell them! Besides, it's the right thing to do; you're suppose to be in the entertainment business, not running emotional roughshod over an aging population (with perfectly good money!) who only wish for the return of quality viewing...
'Nuff Said!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: URGENT! CBS DVD moratorium delays future Bonanza releases -- Ronnie Whittemore, 20:44:40 12/22/17 Fri [1]

Did CBS buy rights to Bonanza. As I recall it was NBC show.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.