VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:58:19 10/22/17 Sun
Author: Caddo
Subject: The Washhouse (Ranch House external shots)

The family Home external shots that I remember from watching Bonanza while growing up and in most re-runs are the shots that look like the pictures from Incline Village. But, I watched several episodes from season one and two recently, recording these on DVR. I had previously noted that in one early episode someone refers to going in the Washhouse to wash up before dinner, I think. The character steps towards a part of the house that is connected to the kitchen external wall, continuing out towards generally the barn location area or the road out from the house. There are double doors to this space. The kitchen door is further to the right and appears much as it does in all of the show. Does anyone know, or have any idea why this was done this away?

This part of the house is only seen in season one and early season two. I find it is in season 2, episode 7 (with Ricardo Montalban) but is gone as best I can find by that seasons episode 10 (clearly seen when Uncle Gunnar shows up at the house). Episodes 8 and 9 don’t seem to have external shots that would show this. Was there some major change in how the episodes were shot, location or other reason? I see nothing in the plot of the stories (like a fire or something) to explain what happened to the washhouse.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: The Washhouse (Ranch House external shots) -- robin, 15:07:30 12/02/17 Sat [1]

Bonanza, like most shows of that era, was inconsistent. The did things as it fit into the story and then didn't bother if it fit in the past or in future episodes. They sure didn't imagine back then that the shows would be endlessly re-run and watched on videos or dvds.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.