VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:11:13 05/04/06 Thu
Author: Jason Sloan
Subject: Vetrex repaired

I decided to use what meager skills I have from tinkering on antique TVs and try to repair the screen cutting out problem on my Vectrex. I carefully opened up the case and the first thing I found out was that it was filthy inside! There was even a big cobweb enveloping the inside. I carefully discharged the picture tube and then set about giving the unit a good internal cleaning.
While doing that, I found out that the plug on the end of the CRT was not on straight and all the way! I got out some electronic contact cleaner and sprayed all the pins while wiggling the plug around to clean them and then seated the plug back down on the pins fully. That seems to have taken care of the problem as the screen now comes up at every power up and has not cut out so far while playing games. I also noted that there is a fuse for the power supply in these units, which is good to know in case it just up and doesn't power up.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.