VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, Jul 01 2006, 17:27:21
Author: Karen Brown
Subject: Re: Fripp and Barrow
In reply to: Val Peacock 's message, "Re: Fripp and Barrow" on Mon, May 02 2005, 21:21:06

I am actually researching the WAGGS of Hampshire (mostly Sopley, Winkton & Christchurch). I think a Maurice Wagg married an Elenor Fripp on 8/11/1809. I also know that a Sarah Wagg was lodging with her uncle George Barrow. So I think this is all the same family. Do you have any more information?

Regards

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Fripp and Barrow -- Ruth Pringle, Mon, Feb 11 2013, 10:57:44

Sorry to be so long getting back to this website. New email address included. My last server was arrested by the police!!!!!!!!!!!!!It's a long story!!
Robert Fripp (1758-1833)? and Eleanor Barrow (1762-1835)? are my 3x Great Grandparents. I descend from their daughter Martha Fripp, who married Daniel Durndell, a tailor from Christchurch.
I had thought that the father of Robert Fripp was another Robert from Witchampton, but now read that he was the son of a John Fripp of Milton. Is this verified? Obviously there must have been two marriages if your John Fripp was a half brother.
I'd be interested in any information about them.
I don't have any more on the Barrow family either. Did they come from Christchurch or Sopley I wonder?
Karen Brown's comment on the Fripp, Barrow and Wagg link is interesting.
Much thanks,
Ruth

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Fripp and Barrow -- Val Peacock, Wed, Feb 13 2013, 21:52:37

Robert's lineage goes back to a John Phripp and an Ann Rengap who were married 24/9/1721 in Christchurch.

I will forward information regarding the early days of the family, the males, females and the feline. A lovely heritage.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.