VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:15:42 04/20/04 Tue
Author: Barb
Subject: Census info
In reply to: alex 's message, "smith" on 01:34:34 04/17/04 Sat

Hi Alex,
I'm working off and on on your Smith family and will send all of what I have found once I am more sure of it. Your great-great grandparents were George G. Smith and wife Susan A. (This is the George that was also known as "Kelly" Smith who trained Kelly's Colt's with the fire department).

I am working on finding George G. Smith's parents by checking 1870 Pennsylvania Census records. There are a lot of Smiths, but I think they may have lived in Perry County, Pennsylvania, so that narrows it down a bit. Note that the below census from 1900 in Odebolt gives their birth months and years.

1900 CENSUS (Odebolt
SMITH, George, head, age 41, born May 1859 in Pennsylvania, married 15 years (occupation: drayman)
- Sue, wife, age 36, born May 1864 in Pennsylvania, married 15 years, 2 of 4 children are living
- Howard, son, age 13, born Feb 1887 in Iowa
- Charles, son, age 6, born July 1893 in Iowa

All for now - Barb

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.