VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:48:59 11/18/03 Tue
Author: Scrapiron Bryan
Author Host/IP: pg4px.pg.com / 192.229.17.113
Subject: Survivor Series

Hi all. What did you think of Survivor Series?
Overall I thought it was a pretty good PPV although I admit I took an extended break when the Basham Bros were on as they bore me to death.

We had the end (I hope) of the Kane - Shane feud and the beginning of another Kane - 'Taker. Kane came off looking like a real monster thanks firstly to his Brutal match with Shane and secondly his interferance in 'Taker and Vinces match. 'Taker will most likely be returning to his "dead man" gimmick when he comes back. I have to say I'm looking forward to that too.

Shawn Michaels came off looking strong with his mammoth effort in the SmackDown Survivor match. Blood poured from him like a tap as he was outnumbered 3 to 1 but he fought back to 1 on 1 only to see his efforts blown away by Batista. While the match was booked well I just can't understand why they had HBK booked to do the "Superman" thing. I mean I think HBK was a great performer in his day but nowadays he's unable to work week in week out. So it's hard to know where they'll go with this, if anywhere.

Austins farewell was well done too but of course he'll be back. Question is will it be before or at Wrestlemania XX.

As for the buried alive match. Well, it was what it was i guess. I was amazed at how much Vince bled and how much 'Taker beat on him. It was pretty much a squash until Kane interfered and Vince finally got the win. Like I mentioned already Kane - 'Taker in a feud, possibly at WM XX. A mouth watering prospect.

Goldberg is finally being booked as the moster he was in WCW. His one man demolition of Evolution as well as a clean pin on HHH was like a breath of fresh air. There was also the staredown between Lesnar and Goldberg which hints at a feud and a unification match somewhere down the road. WM XX?

A couple of small bloopers I noticed were the camera and sound problems during the Kane-Shane match. You could hear someone backstage clearly say "I'm at the end of my rope".

Did you notice the referee stopping his count at about 2 & 7/8ths when Goldberg didn't lift his shoulder during a pinfall in the main event?

Also. did anybody find it disturbing that NO effort was made to Exhume 'Taker from the grave? The guy was just left lying there. I know there was a little trap door in there somewhere for him to crawl to safety before Vince buried him but we were supposed to think he was really buried. The announcers never even mentioned that he was lying there with all that dirt on top of him. They kinda dropped the ball with that in my opinion as they didn't sell how dangerous it was.

Anyway. Like I said. Strong PPV. Hopefully WWE's writers will build on this PPV week in week out and not just let it go to waste.

That's all from me. What did you guys think?

SIB

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.