[ Show ]
[ Shrink ]
Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor
of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users'
privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your
privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket
to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we
also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.
Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your
contribution is not tax-deductible.)
Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):
[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:56:09 06/14/05 Tue
Author: Leif Erlingsson, heretic«
Subject: Gitmo Is Not Gulag. It Is Dachau -- by sashine 2005-06-11
In reply to:
's message, "read the above liberty post first...or I"ll......" on 07:41:28 06/10/05 Fri
Gitmo Is Not Gulag. It Is Dachau
by sashine 2005-06-11
Our Pretzel-in-Mischief surely has a point when he is upset about the Amnesty International report. No, Gitmo is not a Gulag. It is Dachau. I was always wondering why when all those International Organizations make comparisons, they always use the Russians as a reference point. Nobody compares, say, Fallujah atrocities to Liditze or Oradur, Abu-Ghreib to Moabith torture center in Berlin or (God forbid!) the suspicious death of Senator Wellstone to the killing by the Nazis of the Yugoslavian King Alexander and French Prime Minister Bartu in 1936. I think, the Western public likes the Russian connection but does not like the German one because secretly we all love Germans. They are so `blondish', so `western', so Protestant or so Catholic. Also, Bush is a German, Rumsfeld is a German and even Condi Rice is a `German' by behavior (she is as hypocritical as our newly Bavarian Pope). But the truth is a truth and Gitmo is the US Dachau.
* Dachau was a first German concentration camp, originally designed to become an example and a training grounds for the young SS men. So is Gitmo.
* Dachau opening was not a secret. It was celebrated in the German media. So was the Gitmo.
* The people incarcerated in Dachau were (for the first time in German history) put there not by the courts but by the decision of the government (administrative arrest) for indefinite period of time with no charge, no lawyers and no trials. So is with Gitmo.
* The Dachau Prisoners (Moorzoldaten) had no rights. So are the Gitmo prisoners.
* The Dachau Prisoners were the people who in most cases did not know why they were there. So are the Gitmo prisoners.
* The Dachau Prisoners were subject to any kind of torture and abuse by the guards, also to the propaganda and `reprogramming', that is the forced study of the Hitler's book. In Gitmo it is the same; only the Moslem prisoners are not `reprogrammed'. They are just destroyed.
* Dachau trained thousands of the SS, who afterwards were the primary perpetrators of the Holocaust. Gitmo trains the cadres for Abu-Ghreib, Bagram and hundreds of the places where our new SS torture and abuse innocent people throughout the world.
There is only one difference: German government was sensitive to the world's opinion and nobody knew much about Dachau for several years except that it was `Hell'. We don't give a damn. I sincerely hope that the Gitmo perpetrators, great and small will be eventually brought to justice, the way SS eventually was. And many SS people were incarcerated in the same Dachau barracks for a while before their trial. I really wish them that now again. I wish the whole world to see them on the other side of the barbed fence where they all belong.
Posted by Leif Erlingsson, heretic«.
``Ignorance is Strength.'' -- George Orwell
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |