VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23456789 ]
Subject: Cabinet aborts Enga meeting

Author:
Ace (So what happened here???...)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon, Oct 27 2008, 04:47:50pm

THE National Executive Council meeting planned to be held in Enga Province at the end of this month has been aborted due to threats and demand for payments made by certain sections of the community.
Prime Minister Sir Michael Somare announced this yesterday in a press statement.
He said he was disappointed to announce that the planned visit of his Cabinet to Enga Province will not be going ahead.
“Sadly I am sure that the ordinary people of Enga would like to meet my team of Cabinet ministers that are making important decisions of government,” Sir Michael said.
“But the demands of payment made to the NEC (National Executive Council) by certain sectors of the community in Enga have now turned into threats.”
Sir Michael said the NEC was not obligated to hold meetings in any of the provinces but had done so over the years to give the opportunity for ordinary people in towns, districts and villages to meet the Members of Parliament who made up the Cabinet.
Sir Michael said it also provided the opportunity for provincial and national leaders to get acquainted with each other and share ideas on improving administration and governance as well as allowing the Cabinet team to see and hear first hand the problems that were faced in the provinces.
“It also generates spin-off income for small businesses such as hotels, vehicle hire companies and community groups in the provinces that are providing services while Cabinet is meeting.
“I therefore am disappointed that because of this malfeasance my team will not be able to visit Enga at this time,” he said.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.