|Subject: Re: Rugby League International - Wales 50 - def - PNG 10
|[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Date Posted: Tue, Oct 30 2007, 07:21:29pm
In reply to:
's message, "Rugby League International - Wales 50 - def - PNG 10" on Mon, Oct 29 2007, 10:46:14am
An Englishman at my back said that "the game could have been well played by local PNG residents, who would then play with their utmost best for their country". He further said, "there is an indication of let down by the overseas based players and that could be due to their overseas club obligations that may have an effect on their performance".
My own observations are;
1. The ball work was poor, it hardly reached the 2 wings. From time and then Michael Mark had to come into the mid field to look for the ball. The wales team had a good flow of the ball with some good unexpected long passes which resulted in tries.
2. The team work between the PNG residents and the overseas based players did not match up well. I believe this is their only combine match, so they wouldn't read and get use to each others game. We hope a better result from the France game.
3. I've not seen any creativity and team play from Peters. We need a serious consideration here.
4. It seems Kumuls (our boys) still need more international exposure with more friendly games. The games with France will be very helpful.
5. Michael Mark wasn't really at his best due to bad ball-work, but he did get the spectators on their toes with few balls he got. He is just too good in everything; defend and tackle, catching the ball and running, HE IS A STAR.
6. Finally the Coach Adrian Lam looked quite relaxed and showed that he was still in control of the game. We sort of expected him to turn the second half of the game around with the scores as he did with Australians but his game plan seemed different. I have a feeling that not every good coach would like to display their game strategies. It is nice to put up a game plan, which the opponent game will put the utmost best where lessons can be learnt.
Anyway with much optimism, one would say the score of 10:50 shows a lack of performance by the team. It is quite ideal that we learn this now that the coach and the team can be fully prepared for the World Cup next year.
3 fellow Engans were part of the team.
Wish PNG KUMULS all the best in the game with France.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
[> Subject: Re: Rugby League International - Wales 50 - def - PNG 10
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2007, 03:29:30pm
One has to win and another has to loose in any game. Unfortunately we are on the loosing side and we have to accept that. It's sad to see people making all shorts of conclusions...I for one, accept the defeat and looking forward for the next game between the France A side. I hope our boys (although its sad that no Engan is making the current squad) will shed some light this afternoon (Aussie time) and take on the France Test side on Saturday/Sunday will some good plays.
Kumul fan & NRL Storm die-hard!
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Forum timezone: GMT+10|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.