VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]6789 ]
Subject: Re: Lagaip Porgera Open 2007 GE

Author:
Ipatas nanen pelyam!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon, Jul 09 2007, 11:43:35am
In reply to: anon2 's message, "Re: Lagaip Porgera Open 2007 GE" on Sun, Jul 08 2007, 08:24:39pm

The National, Monday, July 9 (2007)

Ipatas: I might not get a vote
TENGA Governor Peter Ipatas has expressed the possibility that he may not have picked up any votes in Kandep polling, which has been denounced by candidates as being rigged.
Mr Ipatas was upset over reports of widespread election irregularities in the electorate.
On Friday, flanked by candidates for the Kandep Open electorate, Mr Ipatas said an immediate probe was required to establish the truth and to take the right course of action.
Mr Ipatas said because of widespread anomalies in Kandep polling, the Electoral Commission must to declare the election as having “failed”.
“They do not need to go far. I am picking up votes all over the electorate in Enga. If I do not have any votes in the ballot boxes from Kandep, there is something definitely wrong.
“It is no secret here (Enga) that NA (National Alliance) is working around the clock to get rid of me,” Mr Ipatas said.
He said what happened in Kandep was very dangerous for the future and if the Electoral Commission accepted the results, it would be setting a very bad precedent.
Mr Ipatas said the polling in Kandep was not the only one where a senior leader in the country was accused of using illegal means to secure his seat.
Mr Ipatas said there were reports that known leaders in Kompiam and Wapenamanda were doing the same to secure votes and win.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.