VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Abal turns down Ipatas Invitation

Author:
Own Medicine
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu, Mar 15 2007, 10:45:10pm

Who knows what happens behind the scene, can not believe what these two so called leaders are up to. Extract from Thenational, thurs 15 March.

INTER-GOVERNMENT Relations Minister Sam Abal has turned down Enga Governor Peter Ipatas’ invitation for him to join the People’s Party.
“For me personally, to join another political party will make me look like a ‘yoyo’ on the national political playground.”
Mr Abal said he was also a new leader and “cannot show signs of moving about too much”.
While welcoming Mr Ipatas’ invitation, the minister said he would politely refuse it.
“While acknowledging what I hope is an invitation through the media for me to join People’s Party, I must state clearly that I cannot join them because I am already in a party – the National Alliance made up of MPs from all over PNG.
“I have to politely refuse the invitation and beg them to understand my situation.”
Mr Abal congratulated Mr Ipatas for the initiative to form a party to bid for the prime ministership.
“It is good for new leadership to come … and forming a party is contributing to the development of our democratic institutions.”
Mr Abal said he joined NA because he wanted to contribute towards stabilising the nation.
“NA is not perfect … it is run by some just like any other party in PNG.
“We cannot pass eternal judgement on one party for the failure of services to all parts of PNG.
“Instead, we, who are lucky to be in as MPs, must show leadership in all our decisions to give the nation a sense of national unity and stability.”
Mr Abal said for him, a crucial ingredient to guarantee services in all parts of PNG, not only in one area, was to have a stable government.
“A stable government possibly gives stability to all sectors and systems … because of this, the country flourishes.”
Mr Abal said another move was for leaders at all levels to say “no to corruption and abuse of funds”.
“Yet, another has to pay attention to and to manage the law and order situation … these are problems endemic to PNG.
“We have to start at the top as leaders to seriously combat them (problems).
“For me, I shall do my best within the framework I am in to contribute to these and other issues for the best of my country,” he said.
Mr Abal wished the People’s Party and the other parties well during the coming elections.
“Let’s uphold the basic rights of the voters and candidates under the constitution, especially the act of free choice without coercion or compromise,” Mr Abal said.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.