VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]
Subject: Investment in education in technical and vocational skills needed!

Author:
pngean
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon, Aug 28 2006, 11:40:45am

Enga government pays fees in Madang, National.

By JEFFREY ELAPA
THE Enga provincial government has paid more than K58 million in school fee subsidies for Engan students over the last nine years.

Governor Peter Ipatas revealed this during the presentation of K103,500 school fee subsidy for students from Enga studying at tertiary institutions in Madang last Saturday.
Divine Word University received the biggest slice of K53,000,Madang Teachers College K37,400, Lutheran School of Nursing received K11,400 and Madang Technical College K1,700.

He said the important aspect of the continuation of the subsidy is to produce as many intellectuals to contribute to the development of the province.
He said the K58 million was not a waste, but a worthwhile investment for the province.
Governor Ipatas said Enga is regarded as the elast provincef and, therefore, the provincial government sees education as important.

He said that the province had produced some of the highly qualified people in business and civil service that he was proud to see them advance in their profession and trade.
gSo far Enga had produced 16 pilots in the aviation industry, more than any other province. You look at economically and technologically advanced countries like Japan, Singapore and Malaysia, they have not advanced through natural resources but through human resources and that is what my government aims to achieve,h he said.
Governor Ipatas said as part of the commitment, the Enga provincial government could fully subsidised fees for students in the province while tertiary students studying outside could definitely be increased as of next year.
---------------------------------------------------------
I applaud the continueing investment in education by the Enga province but I feel I must stress a neglected area of need.

Education in technical and vocational skills have been largely forgetten in PNG as evident by the lack of much needed funding. I think when the term `education` is mentioned people generally have a mental picture of going to Uni or teachers colledges any kind of education that will lead to a job where you work with `pen and paper`.

Investment in technical and vocational education is important especially for PNG where there has been a chronic lack of skilled workers! Thus PNG is pushing for unskilled labourers to work in Aussie! WHY?? We need to give skills to people. All industry esp. building and construction need skills workers. The government need to see this and increase funding or provide schorlaships for more students to attend technical and vocationl schools.

Enga government is a strong supporter of investment in education. I would like to see our good governer see this need and invest in this area so that we can have more Engans in technical and vocational school as well. After all, not all will be pilots, or drs or accountants or lawers...lets think of those who do not make it as well.

peace

pngean

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.