VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]
Subject: Re: Can we judge Steve & Ultaeng's debate on PK?

Author:
pngean
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue, Sep 19 2006, 05:17:53pm
In reply to: Enga1 's message, "Can we judge Steve & Ultaeng's debate on PK?" on Tue, Sep 19 2006, 03:34:59pm

Let me just say this, a healthy debate is good for us. Isnt this forum is all about? Debate?

Whether is discussing PK or anybody its debate! When making your arguments with facts and figures the chances are that you will win. That we learn from high school English classes.

From what has been transpiring between my two Engan brothers, I have this to say. Whether you support PK or whoevever, the bottom line is Enga needs to and must change! We therefore need (at least for the next 5 years) people who can make that happen. Change and progress, positive progress that is.

We all proclaim to belive in teachings of the Bible then we must look at characters of biblical leaders who brought change. Or persons in history who brought change as fortold in the Bible. And if we TRUELY know the Bible in its wholeness than we should know this, God uses people that are trategically placed to bring about change, if only for a short while. They may or may not know it, but if you are a beliver and have been asking the God almighty for change, the person that God will use to bring about change that we have been asking for might not be the kind of person we have in our mind.

The point is, God uses both Good and evil people to bring change according to his purpose and plan.

Ghandi brought change and was supported because the people of India were fighting for one aim and goal only and that is to be free from English rule. What is our aim and goal for Enga? It has be the same or else there will be no unity!Did Ghandi get rid of corruption? NO! Ghandi succeeded in India because they have one culture and language. Can a Ghandi rise in PNG? Maybe in Enga because we have the same culture and the only province with one language. The principles of forgiving, non-violence, fasting and love are not only Buddist teachings, they are part of Christianity too, right? So lets focus on the principles and not on a religion name. History and current events show us clearly that religious afficliations bring only more violence and blood shed.

Whether PK is guilty of corruption or mismanagement, it is not for me to judge. Is he dishonest? That is not me to judge either. In my opinion honesty is practised to a certain degree, not 100%. Have you never told a WHITE LIE?But than again, does the ends justify the means? If PK will bring change to the people of Lagaip-Pogera, let the people decide. My job is to help them make that decision. Not to do their thinking and making decision for them and telling them who to vote!!

Finally, I want to finish by saying it very encouraging to read the many postings and all show that we really do want something good for our people.

peace

pngean

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Can we judge Steve & Ultaeng's debate on PK?

Author:
katt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Sep 19 2006, 05:20:34pm

Personally, I can understand why people that post on forums, prefer to use alias names rather than their own identity...

However, accussing an individual of "white-collar crimes and corruption" is a serious accusation.

Ultaeng talks about "being yourself & honest", I do feel that a "real name" should of been posted, when accussing someone of "white collar crime & corruption".

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Can we judge Steve & Ultaeng's debate on PK?

Author:
keaster
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Sep 20 2006, 10:03:40pm

Katt, I totally agree with you. The fact is there are many white collar criminals in PNG and PK is not one of them. To my knowledge, PK has never been implicated in any corrupt dealings nor proven guilty in a court of law. Steve, you have every right to defend you dad and even support him in the 2006 elections in Enga.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.