|Subject: My Single Commitment Through PK!
|[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Date Posted: Wed, Dec 06 2006, 07:35:25pm
In reply to:
's message, "Re: Philip Kapusa Kyakala for Lagaip/Porgera 2007" on Wed, Dec 06 2006, 02:17:09pm
Cool_Guy1 & PNGean
Thanks for your valued comments and appraisals!
Cool_Guy1, your commune idea has drawn my ears and I am attracted to your unwavering commitment for the cause. If PK should win this election, I will press the pedal down from where I stand in Tokyo!!
In this Global Age of Information Technology and Telecommunication, the following personal commitment is just one small, cost-effective but innovative project that should be achievable within the course of 5 years, and be complementary to the development of an agricultural sector in Lagaip/Porgera:
*First and foremost I will register a Community-based NGO in Port Moresby with the view to promote socio-economic benefits through direct inputs from the community. (Cool_Guy1 and other interested local community leaders are invited to assist with that.)
# INTERNET CAFE & TELECENTER in LAGAIP/PORGERA
Telecom and IT facilities such as fax machines, computers, phones, and media apparatuses will be acquired from the numerous and charitable donees, companies and houses in Japan for the purpose of establishing a Telecenter in Laiagam. Accumulating such electronic goods will not be a hassle in terms of cost and logistics because the expertise and set-up will be provided by a Japanese and local Telikom experts while the building, property and security should be constructed and offered by the local community.
1) Aid local cash crop growers to transmit and receive valuable information and data concerning their transactions with middlemen, and international/local buyers. Such valuable information include: i) availability of crop quality & quantity; ii) delivery schedules; iii) buyer expectations and dollar cost per bulk/weight/volume, iv) buyer/seller profiles and transactions, v) general industry information through motion pictures, multi-media presentations (including workshops for public awareness and education) etc., vi)and general communication purposes
2) Paving the way for an information-based and globalized society utilizing Internet and television networking technology
1) Free manual and labor costs via community efforts
2) Free property contribution from the community with latter plans for one-off royalty payment
3) Subsidized tariff prices and administrative costs utilizing an annually estimated 10% of EDF funds (K500,000 X 0.1)
4) Hopefully, you (as stakeholders) will offer freely your contributions in resources, ideas and time.
As for the part where the actual agro-industry planning is involved, I will leave that to PK to concentrate at the national policy-making level to continue his drive and fight to ensure financial resources are secured and his Nucleu Agro Enterprise project sees the light of day in Lagaip/Porgera.
(Then again, this could all be wishful thinking if PK does not get the numbers! However regardless of the outcome in the national elections, I will remain enthusiastic and committed as ever for the development of my electorate, province and country! Mark my words!)
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |