VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: A Mulgrew qoute...

Author:
Gun Brooke
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:37:10 11/03/05 Thu

Just thought this might be of interest!

Qoute from:

Tea for Two Kates
http://www.inlamag.com/815/features/815_katem.html#up

"""""Mulgrew refers to her performance as a "realization," not an impersonation. "My horror with a piece like this would be to ever fall into an impersonation. I leave that to the great drag queens of our culture," she says with a hearty laugh, "They do her very well." When asked about Hepburn's enduring appeal to gay men and lesbians, Mulgrew pauses for a moment and concludes, "I think that gay men and gay women like their actors to be unique, first, and secondly, strong. Hepburn fought for herself and her own opinions and her own absolute manner and style. And she won! For a gay person in this culture, even though it's 2005, it is still a fight. And I think she thought herself oppressed. And every day she ripped down another door."

Several recent biographies have questioned Hepburn's sexuality. "Laura Harding was her friend, the woman who traveled with her everywhere," Mulgrew explains, referring to the American Express heiress with whom Hepburn maintained a close friendship for many years. "That's what the rumors were about her in Hollywood ... I don't know if she slept with Laura, but she liked her presence. It quickened her pulse and gratified her. I think she had a really hot thing for Spencer Tracy, and I think that she could find women attractive, yes." """

Hope you enjoyed this,

Gun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: A Mulgrew qoute...Nirakia06:57:45 11/17/05 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.