VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Fri, June 21 2024, 23:51Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]


[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: - Saturday - 04/26/08 - 8:10am
Author: Mike m40 #61
Subject: Elect new reps
In reply to: Chuck Baier 's message, "Fuel Prices at $1.50 Per Gallon" on - Monday - 04/21/08 - 6:12pm

The oil companies obtain approx 65% of crude we use from here in the USA. The other 35% comes from Canada, Mexico and Vens. The companies pay little royalties and no taxes on crude obtained from govt lands. In turn they charge OPEC prices on crude obtained at here. Tax payers have paid for drilling operations and pipelines. Who made the deal with them, CONGRESS!! WHO owns the stock from oil companies, WHO makes the money from overcharging? If the govt charged OPEC prices for the oil we would not have health care or ss issues. VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!! I think americans like getting screwed as long as we have a right to choice. haha Oh, stop the war, americans are gettig killed in Iraq, compare how many americans are getting killed here in our cities each day and compare how many people are getting killed in Iraq!! SAFER to live in IRAQ!!! Just my .02

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]


Replies:

[> Gas Taxes -- Bill A, - Monday - 04/28/08 - 9:55pm

At the risk of throwing Gas on the flames (pun intended),per wikipedia for the first quarter of 2008, the average state gasoline tax is 28.6 cents per gallon, plus 18.4 cents per gallon federal tax making the total 47 cents per gallon. For diesel, the average state tax is 29.2 cents per gallon plus an additional 24.4 cents per gallon federal tax making the total 53.6 cents per gallon.

For various states the breakdown is as follows for the combinatrion of State + federal tax
California 62.8 cents per gallon
Connecticut 62.3 cents per gallon
New York 59.3 cents per gallon
Rhode Island 49.4 cents per gallon
Maine 47.5 cents per gallon
U.S. Average 47 cents per gallon
Massachusetts 41.9 cents per gallon
Vermont 38.4 cents per gallon
New Hampshire 38.0 cents per gallon
New Jersey 32.9 cents per gallon
Alaska 26.4 cents per gallon


That leaves $1.03 on average for the oil company.

One barrel contains 42 gallons of crude oil. with processing you get about 45 gallons of products with gasoline being about 20 gallons of gas per barrel.

I pay $3.50 for a gallon of milk. Should I boycott schepps dairy or Bordens dairy to force a lower milk price.

Starbucks if 4 to 5 dolars for a piss-ant cup of crappy coffee. I already boycott them but they still make a profit.


[ Edit | View ]





[ Contact Forum Admin ]


Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.