VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

10/28/20 4:59:10pmLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]
Subject: My old pal "Butch"

Author:
Mike
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06/25/07 4:49:55pm

Been a very draining week. Most of you remember my old red-nose pitbull "Butch". I rescued him from the Richmond SPCA 12 years ago and I'm assuming he was at least a year old when i got him making him maybe 13?
I recall The SPCA already had a home for him but the lady knew I REALLY wanted him. I showed the staff other dogs I owned and the yard he would reside within. They gave me the ok to own Butch. I took Butch home and he was great. No leash needed he and I just bonded and he never left my side, always faithful. The following day I took him to my vet for shots and health inspection. The vet stated he was dying and had pnemonia. I stood in dis-belief as he appeared fine. I asked the vet for treatment and took a week off from work to pray for his improvement. I spent the entire week off with Butch and laid with him every-night. Butch recovered and became my loyal buddy. I have MANY fond memories of my old buddy.

I remember meeting Maynard and showing him Butch. I believe within 2 or 3 sessions Butch was on a suit and did great. Butch was very very friendly to ALL. Butch would fight a man for real to protect myself and wife. This was a 60.00 dollar dog from the pound. I know Maynard hating taking bites from him but hey I took them from Roy, Boy, and Sem. Maynard and I both know it comes with the territory. Butch really developed once we started working with him. Man did he like bite-work.

It is with great sadness that my boy passed away in his crate the morning of 6/23. I suspect from old age. I had no idea this was coming, fine one day, gone the next. I ask all reading this to love your pets all the time we never know when the end may arrive. Butch I love you buddy and god bless all the good times we had.

PS...Maynard I'll call you soon. I'm still grieving and am too upset to speek to anyone. Loosing a pal is very tough.

Mike Pfeiffer

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: My old pal "Butch"Deb06/25/07 10:00:45pm
Re: My old pal "Butch"Maynard Pease07/ 3/07 9:52:08pm

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.