VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:44:14 10/23/12 Tue
Author: Neil Chafetz
Subject: Scarborough days recalled

I attended Scarborough for a brief but unforgettable year and and half starting in second semester 7th grade in the class that would graduate in 1962. I remember my classmates well. I have remained friends with Steve Epstein '61 who is a very successful attorney residing in DC and NYC and Chairman of the Board of trustees at Columbia Law School. I am a diagnostic radiologist in Rancho Palos Verdes California and have sent my 3 kids to Chadwick school which serendipitously was initially provided their land by the Vanderlips. Imagine my surprise when I saw Vanderlip Hall when I arrived for a parent meeting. Before she died I chatted with Elin Vanderlip who told me that Sarah Schoales now lived on a ranch. I had the pleasure of dining with Spencer Bloch ( amiddle school classmate who left after 8th grade) about 15 years ago in Chicago. He was a full professor of math at U. Chicago convincing me (if I was foolish enough to harbor any doubt) that he was better than I at math. I recall the walk down to Major's to learn how a refrigerator works.I loved playing baseball, soccer, and lacrosse on those beatutiflul fields. For me Scarborborough remains a wonderful recollection. I had never met people (and have not again to this day) named Wingie. Cookie and Binkie. But I also remember Dory, Penelope, Sarah. Phil, Dick Lucas, David Simpson, and John Ricks. I suppose by sending my children to a small private school I have been attempting to vicariously relive my idyllic days at Scarborough. Is it possible to visit the grounds anymore? Is anyone interested in a reunion. I certainly would be happy to come East. And yes Ned, I remember you.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.