VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Moon Ballad gets stall 11 in World Cup draw

Author:
冼仔
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:08:08 03/27/03 Thu
Author Host/IP: NoHost/210.0.140.8
In reply to: Bill 's message, "杜拜世界盃來了。請問板主和各位有何高見? (請板主不要覺得我喧賓奪主呢~)" on 20:58:09 03/26/03 Wed

Moon Ballad gets stall 11 in World Cup draw

by Tony Elves

MOON BALLAD was saddled with the widest possible stall for the world's richest race on Saturday at the draw ceremony for the Dubai World Cup on Wednesday, but his berth in stall 11 did nothing to discourage trainer Saeed Bin Suroor

Now the number onehope for Godolphin after Sulamanis anticipated switch to the Dubai Sheema Classic on turf, Moon Ballad will start two stalls wider than stablemate Grandera and another two wide of the increasingly hot favourite, Nayef.

Frankie Dettori was confirmed as rider of Moon Ballad with Jamie Spencer on Grandera.

Both horses worked over five furlongs with Spencer being given the opportunity to acquaint himself with his mount for the first time.

The Grand Lodge horse was holding his head to the right through his gallop but connections appeared happy with both horses.

Simon Crisford, Godolphin's racing manager, said: Both horses are in good form and I dont think Jamie Spencer will have a problem riding him. He still has his playful moments but is growing up.?

Bin Suroor was present for the draw and said he was satisfied with both colts going into the race.

Im happy with draw," said Bin Suroor, "Moon Ballad has plenty of speed and can jump early and take his position in a race and Granderaprefers to be close in the race. Im not really worried.

"I would have preferred something between stalls four and nine but Im not worried about it for Grandera as he just needs a strong pace in the race. Moon Ballad and Grandera have trained well and both have good chances.?

Sulamani, the Prix de lArc de Triomphe runner-up, had been one of five Godolphin entries for the World Cup but connections always appeared to be favouring the mile and a half event on the turf. The colt completed his preparation for the race when working over five furlongs under Dettori at Al Quoz on Wednesday morning.

Crisford added: We feel hes better on the turf and looking at his work on the sand it is the sensible thing for him to go for that race.

He will have a Daylami/Swain type programme afterwards and will go for races like the Prince of Waless Stakes, King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes and the Irish Champion Stakes.?

Richard Hills was whooping with delight when learning that Nayef had been drawn seven of the 11 declared runners.

Hills said: Im delighted with that draw. I would have chosen it myself if I could have picked out on my own.?
Trainer Marcus Tregoning was also pleased with his stall position as his stable star prepares to make his race-debut on the dirt.

I think its fine," said Tregoning, "I didnt want to be completely on the outside and he breaks well and travels well so an inside draw wouldnt have been a problem either.?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
03年杜拜世界盃賽夜六場純種馬賽賽前焦點: 高多芬一哩賽:上年冠軍Grey Memo+高多芬三將Firebreak+Essence of Dubai+馬廄英雄+美國馬Easyfromthegitgo+嘉勇!!!阿聯酋打比:阿聯酋二千堅尼得主Victory Moon+高多芬主力Inamorato!!!司馬經典賽-明星大戰:緬甸古廟+佳利發+嘉比奧+北風神駒+萬歲+藝高強+普金+波蘭之夏+丹麥旗+Highest+魔術蹄!!!金沙軒大賽:Avanzedo+Captain Squire+天朗氣清(此駒今仗鞍上人係曾在澳門騎馬的貝善利)!!!免稅店盃: 南非馬后Ipi Tombe擺擂台鬥寶伶俐+高多芬的Imtiyaz+!!!杜拜世界盃:禮義才俊+威武神駒+哈倫假期+Moon Ballad+雅佳利(告別賽)!!! (NT)快蝦碌04:22:49 03/29/03 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.