VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Escape Tour

Author:
Sharon
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:35:22 07/20/03 Sun

My very first rock concert ever was the Escape Tour performance at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA on July 2, 1982. This was a monumental moment in my life. Journey was the first Band I really loved and my fantasies about our beloved Mr. Perry were, well unfit for public discussion:-).

I was 15 years old and it was the summer between 10th and 11th grade. I went with my boyfriend and two other friends(My boyfriend went back to his truck after Triumph because he was jealous of my feelings about Steve Perry). We arrived at the Rose Bowl something like 16 hours before the gates opened. (I believe it was the last "Festival Seating" concert to be held at the Rose Bowl).

Inspite of our seemingly early arrival we still only managed to get 50 yard line seats. However since this was the first concert EVER to use the Jumbo Tron screens, I didn't miss a move! My friend Stacy and I had cameras and we snapped pic after pic that developed into 3x5 photos of a pool of light surrounded by darkness and little specks that were infact band members!

As long as I live I will never forget that day. I still remember nearly every word to every song on the Escape album (as well as all the others). After this show I promptly went out and bought the entire collection of Journey Albums released to that point. I have since collected most of the releases on CD. I still have them all on vinal! I also attended another 3 Journey concerts over the next few years but as the "Escape" ensamble began to diband the group fell apart.

I saw the counterfit Journey perform at a "June Fest" in Las Vegas, NV back in 2001. The new guy Steve O'Gerry (come on how wierd IS that) is a freakish clone of the original. I give him credit for trying to fill the shoes of The Voice but he really fell a little short...he couldn't quite reach all the high notes. His appearence is clearly an attempt to emulate the original Steve only his hair is curly. It just wasn't the same:~(

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.