VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

Ghost Hunting in Eastern Pennsylvania.
Welcome to the LVGHS Message Board
Return to the LVGHS

Subject: Cedar Crest College

Author:
Ashley Barker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:21:52 10/04/02 Fri
(ccc-access.cedarcrest.edu/205.147.225.20)

I live in Butz hall at Cedar Crest College and I know for a fact that there is some seroius hautings going on around here, I was wondering if anyone knew to a larger extent what actually happened to the girl or people that haunt Butz hall.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: schuylkill county ghosts

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:29:13 09/18/02 Wed
(ppp-3fa7090b.pttv.losch.net/63.167.9.11)

Does anyone have any information on ghost stories and haunted places in Schuylkill County? Any info would be appreciated.

Replies:
Subject: AMITY HALL INFO! ALL 100% TRUE!!!

Author:
Ashli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:45 07/11/03 Fri
(cache-rl05.proxy.aol.com/152.163.252.229)

Thanks to Mike who says, "A haunted hotel were a husband found out his wife was cheating on him with someone in the hotel. It is said that he killed his family and guest in a brutal murder. It is also said that you can experience reenactments of the murder right in front of you."

02.20.03: Many thanks to Zelda12183 for the following update, "I noticed that you mentioned Amity Hall on your list of haunted places in Pennsylvania, but didn't have an exact location. I live only 10 minutes away from it and even know a woman who used to work there. She says she has seen some strange things herself. It's been closed and boarded up for sometime though, so Iíve never been there myself. As for it's location, it's in Watts Township in Duncannon. Iíve also heard the house beside it where the owner once lived is haunted and that most of the activity took place on the third floor."

03.11.03: Janelle Hara writes, "It may be hard to believe - I admit it is by so many accounts, hearsay, but my friend works in a nursing home. One of the ladies she works with, an older lady, told her that there was a young woman found stabbed to death laying on the front porch on a couch. I don't know. The legend that I heard about the house is that there was a family that lived in it and the husband went crazy and killed his wife, then his kids, then himself in the upstairs hallways/rooms of the hotel. When I first did a search I read about how back in the days of the PA Canal system, canal travelers used to stay there, then in the civil war days it was used as a hospital. Then only a few days later I redid the search and the page was no longer on the internet, which I thought odd. I have looked on the internet many times for historical information on Amity Hall. (Truth be known I have a dream to own the house and restore it. I am in love with it and have been there many times.) I am currently trying to find out who owns it. We'll see how that goes. The house/inn is creepy, but then, most old abandoned places are. The first time I went there was only about 4 years ago. My friend had been telling me about it, so we went with a group. I brought my camcorder and was outside with a girl that was scared to go in. My battery went dead in about five minutes. I thought it was because a relative had put the battery in the charger while running the camera off of house electricity through the charger, but later the battery charged and is now just fine. That night we saw, in the corner of the L-shaped building, very small bluish lights. They went inside, but reported nothing out of the ordinary. The first time I went into the house was during the day. I'd wandered around it many times, during both day and night, and the most creepy place on the outside is a door at the end of a hall which is locked shut. We (me and that same friend) were walking around it looking for a door that was open and I went around front and was standing on the porch looking at the door. It was completely shut and suddenly, which seemed odd to me, I had the notion to try it. It seemed ridiculous, especially because it had always previously been locked, but I reached for it and it easily swung open, revealing to me the beauty within. In many ways I pity this house. When you go inside you can almost feel the place sagging with grief over it's lost glory and the weight of years of being partied in by disrespectful vandals. There is a hall that runs down the middle of it, on either side, very large rooms. There is a bar on the left and a kitchen beyond that. There are old fireplaces in the rooms. The L-shape to this edifice comes from the attachment of the hallway of hotel rooms to what I assume is the residential part as well as the kitchen. Strangely, the worst room in the house is upstairs, the trophy room. This room is filled with a giant feeling of "GET OUT OF HERE". Nothing has ever been seen or heard in it by me, but I went in it once and I will never go in it again, that is how strong the feeling is. I'm not sure if the anger felt in this room is some ghost or the expression of the house, for vandals have broken all the glass and mirrors you walk on a crystalline floor about an inch thick. Perhaps the anger is the teenaged angst leaving impressions on the room, that which drives young wild minds to such degrees of destruction. The first time I took my other friends there I begged them to have respect for the house. One of them, like me, fell instantly in love with the house and saw it's potential. We were walking around and checking the doors. We opened the heavy metal back door and were lingering around in a small awkward room. I looked down the hall into an ominous darkness and said "I'm not going down that hallway." We kept checking other doors and came, not by MY request, back to the door. When I looked down the hallway this time it was well lit and I could see everything. There is a small rectangular window in front of the front door at the other end of the hall that let in a great deal of light, but before this could not be seen, before I couldn't see even halfway down the hallway because it was so dark. We continued around checking doors because we didn't want to climb around the fallen antique soda machine that lays at an awkward angle, stuck between the steps themselves and the railing of the upper part of this staircase. It looks like it's ready to fall. We went to the door right in front of the stairs, which was locked before, and my friend, for whatever reason, reached out and opened it. She was also so very determined to get into the hotel rooms, so we were climbing across the little porches, separated by railings, and after we had already tried all the doors she, without rhyme or reason, walked right up to the third one in and opened it with ease. It think she is meant to have that house. She is the same girl that works in a nursing home and she makes good money, so I hope she buys the house. She is very successful. I have seen, one night, the very faint white figure of what appeared to be a woman in the attic window facing the parking lot. I have seen white flashes of light in the attic windows facing the road. But the worst time ever...I am getting Goosebumps and watery eyes thinking about it...It was last year in the winter. It wasn't a bad winter, it wasn't even that cold, but I remember wearing my winter jacket. Me and my two best friends since childhood went driving up. We talked all about it on the way there and then when we parked we just couldn't bring ourselves to get out of the car. We were all scared to death. That night there seemed to be a battle going on, of energies good and evil. (because believe me, the place has both) You could, at time, actually see in the window, the swirling of something that is hard for me to describe as anything other than something out of this world. There were faint glows fading in and out of the windows, as well as small but somewhat bright points of light coming from the corner of the L-shape. The driver got out of the car and basically was so scared she just stood there and then quickly got back in. I'd heard of 'hounds from hell' chasing people from sitting in the parking lot like we were; maybe that's what she saw, I don't know, I was watching the house, but suddenly the girl in the passenger's seat freaked out and pointed to the front left corner of the car and just as she did I was so suddenly scared I cried a scream that came straight from my soul. "GO NOW!" We spun out of the parking lot and parked on the other side of the road (each time the car was still running) The passenger was talking about what she saw, which was a black figure, not the shape of a dog, but about the size of a dog, lingering around the front bumper where the driver was standing. We were talking about how still, from this far away, the house felt creepy and strong. This may sound weird to some, but I don't care - open your mind. I was sitting in the backseat on the right side, the side of the car that was facing the woods. Suddenly I got this creepy feeling that something was outside the window. I knew it was watching me. In the front my friends were talking and JUST as I was turning to look out the window, in a split instant she passenger started freaking out screaming the driver's name and to start driving. I was, somehow, too slow for this, the timing was just right that I never got to see with eyes what I already knew to be there, just outside the window, not just watching, but GLARING at me. I hadn't even begun to describe what I had experienced when suddenly it started coming from the passenger's mouth. She was trembling and telling about how something was outside my window looking in at me and it wanted to hurt me. I started crying and going into near hysterics because what she was describing was what I FELT, and at the height of MY terror, was the one who freaked out. It was one of the most horrific paranormal experiences I have ever had. The last time I was there, much to my delight, it seemed like hobos or respectful party people had taken up part-time residence in the house because furniture had been all moved to one room and there was no further damage to the house. My suggestion is - if you go to this house, love it. Don't break windows and spray graffiti. It's a very old house and I believe that, as said before, good 'energy' as well as bad come from inside it, and that at least in part, the bad is from the house being like an old sick woman who is too sick to be normal. This house wants to be rebuilt or torn down, not just sit and sit through ages and ages of abuse and neglect from uncaring strangers. As with all places such as Amity Hall, have some respect."

INFO THAT I FOUND THAT IS 10% TRUE!!!
I'm only 16 but me and my b/f are very interested and have been there and strange things happened...we walked up on the 3rd floor and when we came back down to the second floor there was some sort of mush on the floor that you couldnt miss!!! We didnt see it when we were on the 2nd floor the first time we walked up stairs and i turned around and i kinda screamed because it was all brown and bloody...it kinda look like intestings. We got out of there quickly...and to this day we dont know what it was or who or what placed it there but we think that it was a warning for us to leave the place as soon as possible. We took a picture of it along with other pictures inside and outside of the building. This is a very creepy place and something doesnt want people in it! If u go in be very cautious and careful! I know i will return someday!

Subject: moonshine cemetary

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:19 09/24/02 Tue
(ppp-0c2cf3c9.pttv.losch.net/12.44.243.201)

Have you guys done any investigating at moonshine cemetary.
I've been out a few times and its a creepy place. I'm told all the action is at the oldchurch located in the woods past the cemetary and not the new church but i never checked out the old church first hand.

Replies:
Subject: Lebanon hauntings

Author:
laststarburning
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:06:03 11/09/02 Sat
(pool-151-205-251-207.cap.east.verizon.net/151.205.251.207)

I am from lebanon and I am interested in finding out what everyone knows about haunted places in Lebanon county. I JUST realized that LVGHS was going to be at moonshine church tonight. I am sorry I missed that. I would have liked to have been there. But I am interested about learning about other haunted places in Lebanon. Any help would be appriciated

Replies:
Subject: inquiry about the Seven Gates Of Hell

Author:
Josh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:31 07/12/02 Fri
(207-172-99-86.c3-0.drf-ubr1.atw-drf.pa.cable.rcn.com/207.172.99.86)

Hi, i recently came across your website doing some research. Great site, hats off to you all! Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone had any info on The Seven Gates of Hell located in York, PA. It's supposedly an abandoned insane asylum where you have to pass through seven gates but you cant make it past the fifth. If anyone knows about it, drop a line!

Josh

Replies:
Archives: 12 ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
Thank you for your input.
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.