VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Evolution Review

Author:
Andy Dean
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:04:20 01/01/03 Wed

I think that "Evolution" is one of the best Steve Perry era albums if not the best one. I like the different styles of music that is on the record. Definately introduces Steve Smith to the Journey audience with nothing but fat groove going on throughout the whole album. You can also hear that Steve Perry seemed more comfortable with the band at that time. It was fresh and what I call the beginning of the Journey success that continued on into the early 80's. I think "Evolution" was the turn around album that took the band in the direction of the success they had then. I love the melodic sounds of "Sweet and Simple", the mysterious sounds of "Daydream", and the ROCK sound of "Just The Same Way". Every song on the album is great but the last one. I thought that song was just filler song. Just my opinion. For me, I listen to "Evolution" and "Escape" in one sitting. Then after that, "Frontiers".

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.