VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:32:59 08/08/03 Fri
Author: Ken in NY
Author Host/IP: 0-1pool188-178.nas12.rochester1.ny.us.da.qwest.net / 65.149.188.178
Subject: Re: water smoker
In reply to: Barry 's message, "water smoker" on 21:25:33 08/03/03 Sun

What brand of water smoker did you buy? The first thing I would do is replace the "hot, ideal, cold" gauge with an actual thermometer. Second, use very hot, even boiling hot water when filling the water pan. If it is a WSM I can give a little more help on amounts of wood/charcoal etc. Otherwise, once your temp reaches about 250, plan on adding a few hot coals (10 - 20) every hour or so to keep the fire hot. It sounds like you need to tend to the fire a lot. If you can't find a thermometer to fit the hole, do what I did on my WSM-- buy a turkey fryer thermometer and stick it through one of the top vent holes. Also, forget about mopping if you can't maintain temp, every time you open the top ot will take about an extra 5-10 minuts to cook. I hope this helps, if not, send me an email and I'll send you more info if you like.

Best of luck
--Ken

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.