VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:41:35 01/05/02 Sat
Author: reg
Author Host/IP: Montreal-ppp47792.qc.sympatico.ca / 209.226.140.41
Subject: Re: New to smoking -- Questions about smokers
In reply to: BBQfan1 's message, "Re: New to smoking -- Questions about smokers" on 19:14:31 01/04/02 Fri

good morning all . seems that Qfan pretty well answered all the questions and i think very well . Keith i believe you also answered some of your own . if you going to cook for just family and friends and have a limited buget i think a bullet type smoker would be the way to go (WSM). they are inexpensive , available pretty well everywere , easy to store and clean , you can load fairly large quantities of meat in one load and on a bag of charcoal you have almost two full 12 hr cooks . how can you beat that ! then you can hang around here with all us nut bars lol . for smoke wood you can use chunks or chips and get all the different flavors at most CTC stores and hardwares . your family will love ya for the quality of food that comes off that baby , neighbors will become " close friends " especially around supper time and even your mother-in-law will be telling her friends what a nice guy you are . then before long you'll be looking for another smoker . it just seems to be a natural progression . there seems to be some type of soooothing effect that comes with sitting around with a six pack lol waiting for those ribs to hit perfection . or the chicken , turkey , shoulder , brisket , sausage and beans to be done . well that pretty well does it for me , i'm heading out to start that thing up and be doin something today , talk at you later . reg

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.