VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:30:13 01/08/02 Tue
Author: BBQfan1
Author Host/IP: spider-wm011.proxy.aol.com / 205.188.199.151
Subject: Re: Need Help - Chat Room & Dinner for 24
In reply to: Keith from Calgary 's message, "Need Help - Chat Room & Dinner for 24" on 12:13:32 01/08/02 Tue

Keith:
1. For the chat you can either come from this forum page (right above your post you'll see a link 'Go to Canadian Barbecue Association Website' or something to that effect. Click it, and on the resulting CBSA homepage, click 'Chat' and that opens up the Chatbox. Go down and put your name where 'Guest' is default. Enter, and away you go. Either that, or from anywhere on net, type in (or set in your 'Favourites' file!) www.canbbq.com, then proceed to chat from there. We're not always in there Tuesdays at 8 Ont (yes 6 in AB) time. Someone will usually post Tues afternoon that they are interest and we'll send the idea of a chat up the old flagpole at that time, so best to check forum first.
2. Without really knowing your wants and needs, I would say that 'generally' a WSM is a damn fine starting point for someone interested in getting in to 'true' bbq. I don't own one myself, but am going by all the feedback I've heard and read about. For under 300.00 you are into a fairly-easy to operate, fuel-efficient, good quality product with a lot of support on the web, and a good number of fellow WSM owners to help you out. For a first cook, if it is a mix of adults and kids and you want to do some 'true que', ie. smoked food, I would recommend the pulled pork/pork butt roast. It goes a long way, can be served on buns, is a bbq staple, is very forgiving in preparation and cooking, allows for temperature fluctuations during the cook and is damn fine eating when you are done! The only drawback is that it is a fairly long cook. You can bring it under 12-13 hrs by going with a couple smaller roasts rather than one or two large ones. Reg just completed a pulled pork cook on his WSM; if you decide to go that route, I'm sure he will help you out! Two weeks, when added to help from fellas like Reg and Bruce who have WSM's, will be plenty of time!
Qfan

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.