[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 03:45:07 08/26/09 Wed
Author Host/IP: 184.108.40.206
Subject: *gasp* We haven't had a poll around here in forever!
In reply to:
's message, "Random Linnit Quiz 001" on 13:35:32 08/25/09 Tue
1. When you’re all alone at home… do you still close the bathroom door before you sit down / stand to pee?
---Nope. I don't even close the bathroom door when I shower; it makes the mirrors less steamy when I'm done.
2. Jane Epenson does a re-write of Intervention, Episode 18, Season Five (that’s the one where the Scoobies mistake the Buffybot for the Buffster and Glory does a number on Spike). Bette Middler is written-in as a family member… whose family member and how does she affect the story?
---She's Willow's wacky aunt, visiting from New York. She's not taking the aging process well, and hilariously tries a little too hard to fit in with Willow and her friends at places like the Bronze.
3. Truth now… have you ever gotten fluff out of your bellybutton?
---Haha, not that I can recall.
4. Select a BtVS / AtS character that you’d like to cast in one of these shows and explain why they are a great fit:
a. Battlestar Glactica (or as miniLinnit used to call it, “Star Wars Balaptica”)
---Higher-being Cordelia, to resolve the "God did it" ending.
b. Extreme Makeover, Home Edition
---Xander. That show is all about taking unsung heroes and celebrating them.
---Anya. She could work her vengeance demon magic on Ross on behalf of Rachel.
d. Malcolm In The Middle
---Dawn, probably, since she's the only character that I can even remotely imagine being in those characters' lives.
5. Has America ever had an Autumn or has it always been Fall?
---I honestly couldn't tell you.
6. Deal… or No Deal?
7. TeenLinnit is now a LivingWithHerBoyfriendLinnit and she and BoyfriendOfLivingWithHerBoyfriendLinnit have very sensibly decided to defer production of their branch of the Linnit tree for many years to come and have instead adopted three very ugly by very lovable English Bulldogs – Tillie, Wilbury and William. What pet(s) would you adopt?
---My roommates have two dogs, one of which seems to adore me. That's enough for me.
8. Has anyone seen Brendan?
9. They say that the size of a man’s feet/nose/hands is an indication of the size of his manhood. *NO, Kashy, I do not know who ‘They’ are!*. Who do you think has the biggest/littlest appendages of each cast – BtVS & AtS?
---I'm pretty sure Marc Blucas (Riley) is the biggest guy they've had on the show. Seth Green is on the other end of the spectrum. As for how that speaks for how... gifted they are, I'm sure that only their hairdressers know for sure.
10. “BtVS was a poor example to the viewing youth of family unity.” Discuss.
---I absolutely disagree. Maybe their parents aren't all still married, and their romantic entanglements have been overly tangly, but these characters built a very solid family unit with Buffy herself as the matriarch, and despite a few missteps along the way they have essentially all remained true to that family. Hell, Buffy herself literally died for her sister. BtVS is a fantastic example of family unity.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
I had thought of Giles taking over as Manager in the supermarket! -- ChrissieLinnit, 07:03:50 08/26/09 Wed  (220.127.116.11)
... Giles as Malcolm's mom's boss, might have caused some serious work romance!
And Anya could have worked at the ranch with Malcolm's big brother!
I like your perspective of the Scoobies as the representation of family in the series and I sort of understand your argument. But I would see that as friendship and survival through adversity rather than biological love and nurture that is there before, during and after.
[ Edit | View ]
Forum timezone: GMT-5|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.