[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:02:19 10/17/09 Sat
Author Host/IP: 18.104.22.168
Subject: Re: I haven't been here in ages quiz
In reply to:
's message, "I haven't been here in ages quiz" on 17:27:14 10/16/09 Fri
1. If you were a sunscreen what number would you be?(From coconut baby oil to 75+)
Factor 30 and totally natural ingredients! I get so frustrated that virtually all sunscreens on the shelves in high street stores are chock full of chemicals!
2.Favorite BTVS/ATS writer and why?
Jane Epenson and David Fury.
3. Any character you grew to really love AFTER the show? I invested in Whedon's Fray series of comics and that made me think of The Slayer in a wholly new light and I liked her. Does that count?
4. Invent a demon/enemy for Buffy. Some sort of uber camp Queer Eye Demon... a cross between Sweet (from Once More With Feeling - my FAVE Big Bad) and Julian Clary)
5.What Giles story did you really want to see pursued? some of his back history with the council would have been great... his teen scenes with Joyce were cringeworthy and ASH was worthy of better than that.
6. Are you reading the comics? Do you like them and see them as an extension of the show? Fray I bought & read. I also buy SFX regularly,but I suppose that's a magazine rather than comic.
7.Are you watching Dollhouse? Any character definitely NOT belonging in the jossverse? Nope
8.IMO, it seems like fans are drawn to either season 3 or 5 as best season....is this your experience? FIVE was great because it has the least naff episodes, but every series had it's highlights for me and it's cringeworthy episode.
9. Best scene ever? Going Through The Motions from Once More With Feeling was a really emotional scene. But, I really enjoyed the Life Serial episode where Buffy keeps reliving her day working at the Magic Box!
10. At series end, who did you most identify with? Two characters, actually. Anya and Jonathan... heroes both but it was rather like knowing how every episode of Star Trek ends for anyone not a 'star'... they were never going to be in that final, final shot. Story of my life!
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Hello Ramses! -- RJA, 22:28:37 10/17/09 Sat  (22.214.171.124)
1. If you were a sunscreen what number would you be?(From coconut baby oil to 75+) Which is the sunscreen for those who ignore the sun?
2.Favorite BTVS/ATS writer and why? Marti Noxon. An unpopular choice, but her writing has always struck a real chord with me. She seemed to get the emotion of the show in a way few others did. But Jane Espenson would follow shortly, and I wished they gave her a few more meaty episodes in her time
3. Any character you grew to really love AFTER the show? No. Terrible as it is, I find it hard to revisit the show, so haven't really picked up a love for any characters post show. One day I plan to rewatch from start to finish, bit never find the time. Would be fascinating to find out
4. Invent a demon/enemy for Buffy I'm always bad at this stuff but maybe something that would have been a demon that traditionally went for slayers. Anything that emphasised the past for Buffy to deal with
5.What Giles story did you really want to see pursued? The future I think! Where is that ever promised Ripper spin off?
6. Are you reading the comics? Do you like them and see them as an extension of the show? No, I"m not. I massively believe that they are not an extension of the show. The show ended at season 7 and thats it. And I suppose I can understand the appeal, but I am glad that Joss said he reserves the right to undo anything that happens there if needs be. I think the actors are as much a part of the creation as any writers, so if the story continues, it can only be with them
7.Are you watching Dollhouse? Any character definitely NOT belonging in the jossverse? I am. I'm not sure its a great show, although it has great moments. I think they're making a mistake with season 2 in that they have nothing to lose yet they're treading gently. I don't think they have found a tone yet, and while it has such promise I don't think it will last the season, and partly because of that. As to characters not in the Jossverse, I think if anyone it would be Caroline. But only because we don't know her.
8.IMO, it seems like fans are drawn to either season 3 or 5 as best season....is this your experience? True to an extent yes. I think those are the most consistent seasons, as a whole. But in terms of being brave and really trying out stuff, I think that seasons 4 and 6 have probably some of the best individual moments of the show. 3 and 5 work best as a whole, but 4 and 6 were where it seems the writers were really trying to be creative, some things worked and some didn't, but there were some real highlights.
9. Best scene ever? Oh, I can't do that. Too many good ones. But scenes that spring to mind when watching the show: Willow showering in Wrecked; The Gentlemen first appearing; Buffy crying with Joyce in Innocence; Joyce lying dead; Buffy dying, both times; Xander and Xander joking about Star Trek; the final scene at the end of Chosen
10. At series end, who did you most identify with?Umm, Buffy I think. She was always the connection for me, whether or not I have anything in common with her. But then Buffy, or the show, has changed my life in so many ways, sad as it is to say. Especially as I am to marry someone I met through these boards. And I guess that's what I take from Buffy, the importance of connections, and I kind of feel that perhaps my life has taken a similar path. Without the vampires, demons and such like. But it was never about that anyway!
Great to see you back Ramses2, you have been missed! Stick around, and I look forward to seeing your own responses to your quiz
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]
Forum timezone: GMT-5|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.