[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:28:37 10/17/09 Sat
Author Host/IP: 126.96.36.199
Subject: Hello Ramses!
In reply to:
's message, "I haven't been here in ages quiz" on 17:27:14 10/16/09 Fri
1. If you were a sunscreen what number would you be?(From coconut baby oil to 75+) Which is the sunscreen for those who ignore the sun?
2.Favorite BTVS/ATS writer and why? Marti Noxon. An unpopular choice, but her writing has always struck a real chord with me. She seemed to get the emotion of the show in a way few others did. But Jane Espenson would follow shortly, and I wished they gave her a few more meaty episodes in her time
3. Any character you grew to really love AFTER the show? No. Terrible as it is, I find it hard to revisit the show, so haven't really picked up a love for any characters post show. One day I plan to rewatch from start to finish, bit never find the time. Would be fascinating to find out
4. Invent a demon/enemy for Buffy I'm always bad at this stuff but maybe something that would have been a demon that traditionally went for slayers. Anything that emphasised the past for Buffy to deal with
5.What Giles story did you really want to see pursued? The future I think! Where is that ever promised Ripper spin off?
6. Are you reading the comics? Do you like them and see them as an extension of the show? No, I"m not. I massively believe that they are not an extension of the show. The show ended at season 7 and thats it. And I suppose I can understand the appeal, but I am glad that Joss said he reserves the right to undo anything that happens there if needs be. I think the actors are as much a part of the creation as any writers, so if the story continues, it can only be with them
7.Are you watching Dollhouse? Any character definitely NOT belonging in the jossverse? I am. I'm not sure its a great show, although it has great moments. I think they're making a mistake with season 2 in that they have nothing to lose yet they're treading gently. I don't think they have found a tone yet, and while it has such promise I don't think it will last the season, and partly because of that. As to characters not in the Jossverse, I think if anyone it would be Caroline. But only because we don't know her.
8.IMO, it seems like fans are drawn to either season 3 or 5 as best season....is this your experience? True to an extent yes. I think those are the most consistent seasons, as a whole. But in terms of being brave and really trying out stuff, I think that seasons 4 and 6 have probably some of the best individual moments of the show. 3 and 5 work best as a whole, but 4 and 6 were where it seems the writers were really trying to be creative, some things worked and some didn't, but there were some real highlights.
9. Best scene ever? Oh, I can't do that. Too many good ones. But scenes that spring to mind when watching the show: Willow showering in Wrecked; The Gentlemen first appearing; Buffy crying with Joyce in Innocence; Joyce lying dead; Buffy dying, both times; Xander and Xander joking about Star Trek; the final scene at the end of Chosen
10. At series end, who did you most identify with?Umm, Buffy I think. She was always the connection for me, whether or not I have anything in common with her. But then Buffy, or the show, has changed my life in so many ways, sad as it is to say. Especially as I am to marry someone I met through these boards. And I guess that's what I take from Buffy, the importance of connections, and I kind of feel that perhaps my life has taken a similar path. Without the vampires, demons and such like. But it was never about that anyway!
Great to see you back Ramses2, you have been missed! Stick around, and I look forward to seeing your own responses to your quiz
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Re: I haven't been here in ages quiz -- ToG, 07:15:18 10/26/09 Mon  (188.8.131.52)
1. If you were a sunscreen what number would you be?(From coconut baby oil to 75+)
I don't know I generally don't see the sun that much because of my schedule so I'd go with Albino Block
2.Favorite BTVS/ATS writer and why?
Tim Miner or Drew Goddard, Tim because he has a lot of great ideas and lines in his episodes. Drew's cause he had only stellar episodes when he got to write them
3. Any character you grew to really love AFTER the show?
Nope I generally still hate or like the same characters since before my hate/like gauge has changed a bit in how serious I am about each.
4. Invent a demon/enemy for Buffy
I don't know.
5.What Giles story did you really want to see pursued?
Ripper as the back story to see how bad Giles truely was.
6. Are you reading the comics? Do you like them and see them as an extension of the show?
Don't read the comics.
7.Are you watching Dollhouse? Any character definitely NOT belonging in the jossverse?
Season 1 sort of dragged, season 2 I heard great stuff about but will watch it when it's all over. I have them recorded just need to let it get to the end because I like watching Joss's stuff like that recently.
8.IMO, it seems like fans are drawn to either season 3 or 5 as best season....is this your experience?
Personally I loved season 2 and 6. As great as Faith was she simply didn't have the whole thing going. I loved season 6 because of the darkness and season 2 was probably the strongest cast and guest stars.
9. Best scene ever?
The Fight scene between Spike/Buffy and Spike/Nikki in fool for Love. That was shot so cinamatically that it could have been in a movie. Add the dialouge and it's hard not to dislike it.
Angel would be the fight between him and Spike in the opera house. Once again the flashbacks with the great dialouge and fighting is why it's at the top.
10. At series end, who did you most identify with?
I always Identified with Spike alot more then the other people I could follow his line of thinking and insight. However the one I was suprised resembled me was Xander.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]
Forum timezone: GMT-5|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.