VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:02:03 05/18/06 Thu
Author: Don Nicholas
Subject: Re: Douglas Noel Rogers
In reply to: Alison Johnson 's message, "Douglas Noel Rogers" on 13:18:59 09/17/05 Sat

Dear Alison
I lived next door to your father and his parents in number 26 Cwm Cottage road, and went to school with him as we were of the same age. We were friends in our younger days, together with the two oldest of the five sons of the Rosser family who were our other neighbours in number 28. You will know that Noel`s father was a schoolmaster but he was a great organiser of activities outside school and during the summer holidays would take on the role of entertainments organiser at a holiday camp somewhere on the south coast for example. I don`t think your father took after him in that way and I`m sure the Gilbert and Sullivan involvement would have been with his mother and father. Noel was a Quiet studious person as I remember him but the last time I saw him was when he was at the LSE and he had brought his fiancee back to Abertillery. This must have been in the late 1940`s when I was taking an engineering degree at Cardiff and I have never seen him since.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.