VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:34:26 09/06/06 Wed
Author: Antony
Subject: Re: Whinberrys are closely related to Blueberry's, and known by different names depending on where you live. Some of these are, Bilberry, Blaeberry, Whortleberry, Myrtle Blueberry. In my opinion a Whinberry Tart is heaven on earth, but not had any for a long time!! I wonder if people in Aber still go Whinberry picking. In my d+ay whenever I went, there would more often than not, be several others somewhere on the mountain olso picking.
In reply to: audrey 's message, "Re: Whinberrys are closely related to Blueberry's, and known by different names depending on where you live. Some of these are, Bilberry, Blaeberry, Whortleberry, Myrtle Blueberry. In my opinion a Whinberry Tart is heaven on earth, but not had any for a long time!! I wonder if people in Aber still go Whinberry picking. In my d+ay whenever I went, there would more often than not, be several others somewhere on the mountain olso picking." on 11:56:55 07/11/06 Tue

Im only 21 and I have since moved from Aber to Newport. All my family still live there. In response to Ray Dix's message, as a kid I used to go whimberry picking every summer, and wrecked a million white T-shirts, up rhiw park/gelli grug, so yea, it's still happening. Also, I'm related closesly to the Dix family and wondered if you had any link with them. My Great Grandparents were Harold and Peggy Dix of Princess Street, Abertillery.( there children Terry, Hilda, Lesley and Kay.) Hilda was my Grandmother but she died young and unfortunately I never got to know her, but I am very close to the others. As Dix is not a common name I was wondering if you were any relation. Interesting.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.