VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:55:11 01/18/08 Fri
Author: Rich
Subject: Re: Buffy S8 #10: Anywhere But Here
In reply to: KdS 's message, "Buffy S8 #10: Anywhere But Here" on 03:23:51 01/06/08 Sun

A couple of thoughts:

1. When Willow refers to "the woman I love", the obvious assumption is that she's talking about Kennedy. Is that necessarily true ? Could she actually be referring to Buffy ?

2. In the cryptic "betrayal" scene (the one Robin didn't think they'd be shown ) what was the broken vase-like object ? It's the only thing in the scene apart from a badly mauled Buffy - it seems to me that it has to be significant. The only thing I can think of is that it's an Orb of Thessala, which raises some interesting possibilities.

3. It looks to me as though Buffy & Willow went there -wherever "there" was - specifically to kill the multidimensional demon. I think the "hail Mary" reference was to the hail mary play in U.S. football, which General Scwartzkopf used to explain his strategy during the first Iraq war (which was actually a classic envelopment, which was an old trick when Alexander did it). For Willow to immediately get the reference, which she obviously did, suggests that it was preplanned.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.