VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:18:39 06/02/03 Mon
Author: Chris from Essex
Subject: Good Penny Stories

Hello to the all skaters out there, I guess I just had to post on this board, I've been skating since 1990, and remember seeing Tom Penny for the first time in 1991, in a copy of R.A.D and being pretty impressed back then. I actually got to see him skate in '92 at a comp in St. Albans. That comp was mental as a riot nearly happened when Ian Deacon threw a banger at a group of London skaters. Rick Ibasta and Salman Agah were there too. Tom Penny had his huge fringe hairstyle back then, but he was ripping.

But, one of the best times was when I saw Penny skating at SouthBank in Nov '97. He was attacking the stairs at warp speed with a can of Stella in his hand!! Some kid reckoned that he had switch flipped the 7 whilst eating from a pack of Malteasers. Madness...

I've been tons of comps, demos etc and have travelled far and wide and I've never seen anyone skate quite like Penny. I guess the bottom line is that if you ever get the chance to see him skate, then take it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.