VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:18:26 07/20/04 Tue
Author: inside
Subject: make it 5

Central Hopes Heightened
July 20, 2004
By TOM YANTZ, Courant Staff Writer

Central Connecticut coach Howie Dickenman said there were times last season when the Blue Devils didn't look like a basketball team when they walked into a gym.

They didn't have the height of most teams. No player was taller than 6 feet 7.

The Blue Devils shouldn't have that problem this season.

Dickenman announced Monday that 6-11 center Ingo Beaudet of Forestville, Calif., has accepted an athletic scholarship to Central. He joins an incoming class that includes Jermaine Middleton, who is 7-3.

Dickenman first heard about Beaudet last month.

"He was in Simsbury to visit his grandfather, who was hospitalized for a while," Dickenman said. "He was looking for a game and he came over [to Detrick Gym]. Some of our players were there."

Among the others in the gym were former Central players Corsley Edwards and Rick Mickens and ex-UConn players Kevin Ollie, Donny Marshall and Scott Burrell.

Dickenman went to California on July 8 to visit Beaudet, who played last season at Santa Rosa Junior College.

"He was home-schooled and never played high school ball," Dickenman said. "He went to a tennis academy growing up and is a very good tennis player. He went to Santa Rosa to play basketball but broke his ankle after two games. He redshirted, then averaged about six points in 15 minutes last season. I think that outside of us and Fullerton State, he went pretty much unnoticed."

Beaudet has three seasons of eligibility at Central. Dickenman is impressed with his hands, passing ability and willingness to learn.

"He weighs 240 but runs pretty well," Dickenman said. "He's just learning the game, but I think he has a tremendous upside."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: make it 5 -- LarryL9797, 14:43:39 07/20/04 Tue

Thats Great!!! One Question. 5 incoming makes 14 Players total for next season. ....Just tell me that there are no Xfers out?? That would be the best news I could hear this summer...

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: make it 5 -- LarryL9797, 15:04:09 07/20/04 Tue

Another ? inside. I went to watch the Uconn Women pracice this summer. Can I do the same with the Central Men? Just email me the info if U dont want it public.
Thanks LL

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: make it 5 -- inside, 16:06:25 07/20/04 Tue

no T. Ron or Antonio. Will get back you with the other info, not all are here taking classes right now.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Hey INSIDE! Re: make it 5 -- LarryL9797, 16:25:07 07/27/04 Tue

Did U get a chance to get that info for me? Thanks a bunch!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: make it 5 -- inside, 11:34:24 07/28/04 Wed

only a couple kids here right now...no real practices going on.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.