VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:36:38 08/10/04 Tue
Author: J.J.
Subject: AAU in Bridgeport

Can Central really recruit against BE and A-10 teams? I know he is a local kid, but come on it seems like a stretch. I don't know the quality of the source, but here is an excerpt from www.hoopville.com:

"The host team, the Connecticut Select, featured their top prospect Andrew Patterson. Patterson, a 6'4", 190-pound rising senior from Simsbury, CT, was a monster on the boards over the weekend. His 10-foot jump shot was hitting consistently and he's also not afraid to step back and hit the three. Last season Patterson scored 24 points against Dorell Wright and South Kent Prep and 18 points and 20 rebounds (twice) versus St. Andrew's. Patterson loves to drive to the whole and is a fierce power player. UConn assistant Tom Moore has contacted Patterson as well as Providence, CCSU, and Richmond."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: AAU in Bridgeport -- inside, 09:00:01 08/11/04 Wed

He's probably worth a shot. If you remember correctly, Ryan Gomes almost signed to play in New Britain before he decided on Providence.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: AAU in Bridgeport -- J.J., 10:43:20 08/11/04 Wed

I did not know that about Gomes and CCSU. Boy that would have been a steal! I know the NH Register columnist gave Calhoun heat for not getting him to Storrs after their loss to PC (not like UConn wasn't already stacked). I agree its worth a shot for us. I assume many major recruits look at CCSU and like Howie and the staff, the chance for playing time, and a shot at the NCAAs each year, but our budget, facilities, and exposure aren't anywhere near even bottom tier A-10 schools like St. Bonny or Duquesne. So beside the March exposure, I wonder how we can "steal" a blue chip.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: AAU in Bridgeport -- inside, 10:56:43 08/11/04 Wed

He would have to slip through the cracks in order to get him here. Which it doesn't look like he is doing but I'm sure there we other players to watch there too.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: AAU in Bridgeport -- CCSU20M, 12:17:41 08/11/04 Wed

How many scholarships do they have left? I thought they were full

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: AAU in Bridgeport -- inside, 13:55:02 08/11/04 Wed

this is a kid for the next recruiting class.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: AAU in Bridgeport -- Larryl9797, 10:42:00 08/12/04 Thu

And dont forget, dropping the 8/5 rule will make recruiting tougher for Central in the long run.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: AAU in Bridgeport -- inside, 13:52:20 08/12/04 Thu

you got that right.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.