VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

The Peartree Chat Room
What ever goes on Peartree Green goes here!
Welcome to the Green Chatroom where ponies roam free and gnomes chase 'em around the trees. There really are no limits to what we can discuss here but please remember that this is part of a family friendly web site.
Back to the Green (use back button to reach the page you left.).

Subject: Greetings From The Green - look here for news.

Author:
Charlie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:04 08/02/03 Sat

Welcome to the open spaces of the Peartree Chatroom. Peartreegreen.Org went live today, August 2nd, 2003. Right now it's a sunny Saturday evening and the sun is setting over the Green and into my window. Maragold is lounging on the settee behind me nursing a sore throat and a glass of Merlot. Me I have a pint of Marstens Bitter and the tail end of a sore throat.

Do feel free to join us, start a discussion, ask a question, whatever

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Just found the site

Author:
Ernie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:58:33 11/19/04 Fri

Hi, Great site. I am visiting PTG today from my home in Wales, last there when I was 11 to 17 years old (now wrong side of 65!), we lived in Maldon Road, Dad worked, and nearly died, in the air raids, at Supermarine. My pal Mike Lake and I were in the PTG Church Choir, anyone remember the Faggot-and-peas shop in Woolston?
best wishes, hope it dosn't snow today, I'm to old now for toboggoning down the slope over the back....if it's still there....
Ernie

Replies:
Subject: What's To Hide

Author:
Breezy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:32:30 11/06/04 Sat

Dear Peartree,

what as the common to hide.

The web cam on from 21.00 to 23.00 ( 9. pm to 11pm).

Surely a bit of floodlighting is called for.

I do believe I saw the wisp of smoke coming from the chimney of an elicit mobile fish and chip van. It was most likely granny having her shag. I do hope she can read the government health warnings.

Love to all. Breezy.

Subject: Wholewheat Radio

Author:
Gnomalarta
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:56:31 10/22/04 Fri

Bored with waiting for us to update? Take time out at http://www.wholewheatradio.org It's all-round interactive radio like you never did before and it come all the way from Alaska.

Subject: Sad Indeed

Author:
Breezy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:56 09/15/04 Wed

After a long interlude decided to drop into the green.

Alas! sad to see moderators ( should that be moderaters?) in operation. Not that moderators in themselves is sad, but the reason and need of them being there.

Dear Whymsey I knew it well, moderators indeed, never a day that Marigold did not bring order to the perverted stranger at the village pump. Washed that persons mouth out with organic spring water and carbolic. Sounded like carbolic.

Oh the frolics and games we had, all gone.

Neat-- tidy-- are the hours that pass us by and the web cam reveals no more now than it did the day it was first switched on.

Is that a ferret I see before me? ye gads! it's Mrs. Ellis on her three wheeler bike. It's her teeth that gives her indentity away you know, Half brown and half grey.

Dear moderator, fear not I live a long way away, ( Not local)

Love to all--- Breezy.

Replies:
Subject: The Green

Author:
Mike Daish
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:07:35 10/11/04 Mon

Hi great site, thanks had a great time looking around.
I grew up in Ludlow road, lived nearly all my life round southampton, only moved away last year. I have many happy memories of Peartree green, was always there as a child. Back then it was nearly all waste ground over the back near the boat yards. It is look much better today. I have placed a link to this site on mine hope you don't mind http://www.moonworld.co.uk/holistic/aboutme.html.

Replies:
Subject: Forum News

Author:
Charlie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:57 07/23/04 Fri

We were invaded by wallies & low-life spammers. Previous posts can be found in the Archives at the top right hand corner of this page.

Replies:
Subject: Woolston Riverside

Author:
Charlie.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:08 05/02/04 Sun

The developers of the Thornycroft site are now presenting the detailed Planning Brief for the site. The public consultation period ends on June 8th, an exhibition is being held at St Marks Hall, Victoria Road, on May 7th & 8th.

Details of the Brief can be found here:
http://www.southampton.gov.uk/environment/localdevelopmentplans/woolstonriverside/

I am in the process of producing a section to cover the development as I believe that the face of the Wolston and character area is set to change forever.

Subject: Peartree Green History

Author:
Charlie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:29:28 08/02/03 Sat

I am in the process of researching the history of Peartree Green for this site and if anybody has any useful information that they would like to share I would be very grateful. I am particularly interested in the any period prior to the Second World War.

Also, I would to be able to use any old postcards or photographs of the Green.

Replies:
Subject: Mysterious Web Cam

Author:
Breezy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:39:50 08/19/03 Tue

Having watched the web cam since it was made operational, I would like to report that I have been viewing strange and wierd pictures other than the occasional scene on the common.

Strange beings, hallowed in in cosmic light ( perhaps that should read 'in a halo of cosmic light'). whatever!.

Dark and mysteriuos worlds of shapes and shadows, no movement in those shadows thankfully, that may be to horrific

Could it be the influence of Mars being the closest to earth in 60 thousand years, or does the lens need cleaning.

Would welcome Brenda's observations on this, her being an astute contributor to the chat page.

Will be continuing with my daily watch.

Replies:
Subject: The Bailey family of St Mary Extra

Author:
David Bailey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:48 01/27/04 Tue

While researching my father's family history, I have discovered that my great grand father George was born in the parish of St Mary Extra in1851 and on record in the 1881Census as married to a Sarah Ann. With four children George William my grand father, Charlotte Eliza, John Alfred and Anne. All living at number 5 Johns Road, Woolston. With difficulty I am now compiling a family tree, so any information about what happened to the various branches of the family and 5 Johns Road will be very gratefully received. Thank you David Bailey

Replies:
Subject: SPAMMERS PLEASE NOTE

Author:
Charlie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:54:45 10/28/03 Tue

When the likes of "Jon Myers"
(65-100-254-114.slkc.qwest.net/65.100.254.114) decides to spam a forum a number of things happen:

1. He upsets users.

2. No one with more than one brain cell more than the spammer has (that's mostly everyone) will even look at the spam.

3. The spam removed with in 24 hours.

4. As we have the poster's IP address and we know when the post is made we can report the idot to his ISP and any upstream ISP.

So, all you spamming sick saddos - go get a life, if you can.

Replies:
Archives: 1 ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.