VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:35:56 07/28/16 Thu
Author: Radio listener
Subject: Re: Behind the scenes of DK's operations
In reply to: A Casual Observer 's message, "Behind the scenes of DK's operations" on 11:31:35 07/20/16 Wed

How do you guys see all these DK subscriber comments, arguments and ass kissing? When I look on his site each article is a short excerpt with everything else behind the pay-wall.

I'm not a DK subscriber, obviously, but someone in the comments here wrote DK was irrelevant which I have to disagree with. He or his main guys Johe & Mackey(former), are/were everywhere. I listen to a lot (too much) local sports talk radio and it just sounds like DK guys are on the air way more than all Trib and PG beat writers combined. Like every sports radio show had at least one DK guy on during their time slot almost everyday.
(What PG hockey writers are even on the radio?)

So from a radio listener perspective I would say we probably get most of our "insider" beat writer info from the DK guys. Or at least that's the perception.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Behind the scenes of DK's operations -- Bladed Wedge, 05:31:53 07/29/16 Fri [1]

I think that it is a perception. I would agree that his writers are everywhere. I don't understand some of the idea behind the local talk radio having so much DK presence. In a way, isn't he a competitor to these stations?

Let's face it, the average Yinzer fan can only absorb so much info about the local teams. Why would you want to pay for it? Most of that info is nothing but a tsunami of vomit.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Behind the scenes of DK's operations -- The Cheap Seats, 06:47:01 07/29/16 Fri [1]

Soon after the New Year, DK signed a deal with Clear Channel for his guys to appear exclusively on their stations which includes Savran, Madden,Todd and Crowley. The Fan mgt hates him so its either Clear Channel or nothing for his people. Mackey was a fill-in host when Savran was on vacation/hospital stay a few times in May and June and Kovacevic does the same when Madden is off.

Yes, Kovacevic and Yohe have been on a good bit - Molinari is very rarely on the radio and Bomboulie from the Trib is occasionally on both Savran's and Starkey's show.

I like Bomboulie the best out of all of them. He's not afraid to say something to upset the apple cart and think for himself. The DK guys will never rock the boat with opinion or criticism. The Steelers and Penguins are that site's cash cows so its no surprise that Kovacevic saves his venomous diatribes for the Pirates because he has always said the Pirates are 3rd when it comes to page views on his site.

As an aside, I am a subscriber that is just about ready to cancel my subscription - I just find the owner's arrogance and lack of humility along with a huge ego to be something that I cant justify in my mind to give him my money.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Behind the scenes of DK's operations -- The Cheap Seats, 07:15:45 07/29/16 Fri [1]

Regarding the over-the-top ass kissing, its quite pathetic. If you didn't know better, he's a Pulitzer Prize winning thespian on the level with Frank DeFord, George Plimpton, Jim Murray or any other pure opinion columnist from 35 years ago if yiu listen to some readers.

In this town alone, Collier, Rossi, and Starkey run circles around the owner's ability as a writer. I never subscribed to read him, unlike a lot of his fan club.

To read comments during the Pens playoff run such as'Im crying at my desk" or " This was so great, Im waking up my son and making him read this" or " You're driving me to tears and Im a 50 year old man who doesn't even cry at funerals" or ' Worth every penny - you need to raise your rates, I feel like I am stealing from you."

So when he gets push-back like he got for the $50 brick idea - he pushes back with his arrogance and ego. He even compared his brick idea to the Pens selling a foam finger, saying no one complains when the Penguins charge an exorbitant sum for a low-cost item, why cant I do it?

If there is karma, he will get his comeuppance some day.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Behind the scenes of DK's operations -- Former DK subscriber, 13:46:15 07/30/16 Sat [1]

I agree DK is overrated by himself and his "lunatics" and the buttkissing by his fanboys is way over the top...

But he's at least better than Rossi. Not complimenting DK it's just that low of a bar. I mean hell his social media girl is probably better than Rossi.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.