VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:38:51 09/30/16 Fri
Author: Media Man
Subject: Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ...
In reply to: Globall 's message, "A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ..." on 03:59:03 09/28/16 Wed

Geez, some real miserable types here. Why the unnecessary shot at Rutter, who is an all around nice guy and has done good work on Pirates beat. He'll be fine on the Steeler beat. You act like these beat guys are irreplacable. Kaboly was a relative unknown, and all of a sudden he's a big deal because he left for DK. Big deal. Rossi left the pens beat to be a columnist, then Mackey took over (which spurred whiney yohe to leave), and then Mackey left and they got Bombulie, whose better than all three aforementioned names. Get over it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ... -- Josh Yohe, 16:30:04 09/30/16 Fri [1]

Whiney Yohe? Media man, you seem to have something of a Trib bias. If you had four kids, were treated like crap by that company and were being paid $36,000 a year, you probably would have left, too. Call me whiney all you'd like, but the reality is that I've bit my tongue regarding a lot of despicable things that co-workers and myself dealt with over the years at the Trib.

Kaboly and I were generally treated unfairly for years. We were kept on the McKeesport payroll so that we could be paid lower wages while the likes of John Harris were making more than twice as much money. Think about that for a second. And to call Kaboly a "relative unknown" is pathetic. He's a terrific beat writer and everyone with an objective view would agree. Call me whiney all you'd like, but I happen to think I showed a lot of restraint over the years, given things I know and the stories I could tell.

The place is just about out of business, and I actually feel bad about it. I'm friends with a lot of people there, including many on the sports staff. Good people, one and all. I like Adamski, Bombulie, West, Gorman, Jerry, Rutter...all good guys. But the truth is, they work for corrupt people who have no idea how to run a business. That's not being whiney. That's speaking the truth.

I'm not sure why our website is the focus of so much attention on this site. It's amusing to a point, but really, all the animosity comes across as jealousy and not much else.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ... -- John Perrotto, 12:41:07 10/01/16 Sat [1]

I worked alongside Joe Rutter on the Pirates' beat for a dozen years and the criticism of him is so far off base that it's laughable.

He's a good reporter, a good writer and, most importantly, a good person.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ... -- The Cheap Seats, 20:05:21 10/07/16 Fri [1]

Maybe there is a jealousy of media types toward your site but I'm a former subscriber who didnt care for how your boss conducts himself and I'm not the only former subscriber on this forum who has echoed my thoughts. Its not only media people with less than stellar opinions of the DK blog.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ... -- Former DK subscriber, 17:18:59 10/11/16 Tue [1]

Josh I like you and I like your work. We've talked before and you seem like a good dude. I'm also not part of the media. Your boss actually introduced me to this site with his incessant whining about it, and your boss is also the reason I'm no longer a subscriber. He's quite possibly got the worst personality in Pittsburgh media, and that says alot in the city with Madden.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ... -- Mark Madden, 12:36:24 10/18/16 Tue [1]

All y'all like to babble incessantly about what/who you like &don't like. But what matters is, what succeeds. &most of what you don't like sure seems to succeed.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ... -- A casual Observer, 09:51:49 10/08/16 Sat [1]

Tell your boss to

-stop firing people via TEXT MESSAGES
-stop making obvious cash grabs
-stop the BOMBASTIC CARNIVAL BARKING (we get it, you have to self promote, but there's a threshold)
-stop taking hard stances on issues, then deleting tweets and comments
-stop talking down to his own commenters/tweets/subscribers/those that put food on his table...and yours.

and then maybe the posts will stop.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ... -- Bystander, 20:04:51 10/17/16 Mon [1]

For all the hard work he did, Yohe did get hosed at the Trib. He should've gotten that beat after Rossi left it. Nothing against Mackey. He's a fine reporter, but Yohe put in the work for that job. I'll never understand why he didn't get it. Another example of Trib mismanagement.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ... -- Lenses, 10:46:54 10/18/16 Tue [1]

Yohe might have put in the time, but he didn't exactly break new ground in the field with the work he did (and still does). He's a mediocre reporter who has stuff handed to him, and his material is far from prize-winning writing. While Rossi and Mackey dug for things, Yohe chums it up with players and front office, playing Mr. Nice Guy so he can get interviews and writing puff pieces about how great the players are, how hard everyone's working, etc. If you do a mediocre job for 20 years, do you automatically get put into a position of power when your boss leaves just because you have seniority?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: A PSU Homer, a Demoted Editor and a High School Blogger ... -- N. Eptitude, 13:47:55 10/18/16 Tue [1]

One of many reasons "incompetence central" is going down the toilet, something Luis, Jen and the team can't prevent.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.