VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:11:06 10/06/16 Thu
Author: Weed wacker
Subject: Re: Update required
In reply to: fertilizer 's message, "Re: Update required" on 09:05:18 10/06/16 Thu

I relish no job loss. I find what happened at the Trib disgusting and repellent in that it hurt a hell of a lot of good people, though the place for years was run by the foolish.

You've every right to your opinion, but I find it amazing that the Scaife Kool-Aid drinkers continue to think the man had a logical vision of how to produce a newspaper. He never did. His "vision" was rooted in his vast wealth, personal immaturity and a deep hatred and paranoia that canceled out his good deeds (like his support for Planned Parenthood and his staunch belief in First Amendment rights).

Sadly, Dick had good people working there who believed in him and bought into the creatively spun circ numbers that could pass audit but weren't that solid. He also had what can only be called a "cult following," especially in the Opinion section. It's interesting none of those folks are there any longer.

With the Trib, people like yourself want to believe there was a THERE there. But you can't answer one simple question: if things were going so well, with all that amazing growth, why is TTM in their current state? The whistling past the graveyard obvious in your posts can't change that. As the truth comes out, you and those like you simply can't or won't accept the reality.

This says it all. Try and refute it, if you will. And bear in mind this is not coming from a bleeding-heart liberal.

http://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh/dennis-roddy-on-the-death-of-the-pittsburgh-tribune-reviews-print-edition/Content?oid=1955128

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Update required -- KoolAid, 17:30:35 10/09/16 Sun [1]

Your name "Amused" is the tip off showing you relish the current state of affairs. I never said I agreed with how Scaife ran his business. I also don't see it as people blindly following Dick. They were there to get a pay check, like any other job. When he was alive, it was his money to spend as he chose. If he chose to spend it foolishly, that was his call. It seems to me that addressing reality is the very thing they are doing right now. Efforts are being made to reorganize and restructure. That can't be easy, but its certainly not impossible, and far from "whistling past the graveyard". I applaud them for making changes to run it more efficiently. Isn't that what any good business does?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.