VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:01:56 11/21/16 Mon
Author: oh for pete's sake
Subject: Re: Seth Rorabaugh resigns from DKonPittsburghSports
In reply to: Agreed 's message, "Re: Seth Rorabaugh resigns from DKonPittsburghSports" on 08:50:30 11/18/16 Fri

I haven't followed the details of every DK hire and fire and I really don't care, so maybe some were not justified, but the claims here are ridiculous.

A single example. Coolong was awful on the Steelers beat--snotty, pretentious, immature and worst of all, a bad boring writer who couldn't make the leap from small time blogger to a writer with team credentials. He also insulted readers, had twitter meltdowns, wanted to fist fight people and probably never really quit his (truly awful) USA Today Wire/whatever job. So he got fired. Boo hoo.
Dopirak, his replacement after a replacement, started slowly and carefully but he's hitting his stride and has all the instincts of a real/worthwhile journalist--he says "I don't know" when he doesn't know and then he goes and finds out. He knows how to interview and he knows how to conduct himself like a professional.
So please stop with the fantasy about DK firing all the great ones. At least in one case, it just doesn't wash.
I don't worship DK but he's made some decent to good choices and the writing on his site is a lot better than elsewhere.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Seth Rorabaugh resigns from DKonPittsburghSports -- FantasyLand, 21:16:17 11/21/16 Mon [1]

Dopirak was so good that DK demoted him to backup and hired Kaboly to cover the beat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Seth Rorabaugh resigns from DKonPittsburghSports -- KD on sports, 14:25:52 12/03/16 Sat [1]

Dopriak is hitting his stride? Based on what? He asks good questions? How does this poster know?

Ask anyone who's been in the Steelers locker room this year. They'll tell you neither of those statements is true.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Seth Rorabaugh resigns from DKonPittsburghSports -- In the locker room, 10:33:45 12/05/16 Mon [1]

This is ridiculous. His professionalism, his questions are fine.
I really don't know a quality reporter who would question the validity of someone else's questions anyway.
Unless they're consistently Walsh-like, everyone in there is the same. Dustin is fine.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Seth Rorabaugh resigns from DKonPittsburghSports -- Inquiring Minds, 08:56:50 12/06/16 Tue [1]

Who asks dumber questions in media scrums? Richie Walsh or Robbie Incmikoski?

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.