VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:47:08 01/11/17 Wed
Author: Onlooker
Subject: Re: What is the Point of The Incline?
In reply to: Lexi Lou Who 's message, "What is the Point of The Incline?" on 13:21:44 01/06/17 Fri

I love sentence fragments. Love them.

On the people thing -- I was being snide. Or I thought I was. You missed it. Guess I wasn't snide enough.

And as to the Incline and the Gruv. I don't know what they are, and from what I read on here, I don't want to know. The internet stuff I see is already bad enough. And I don't have any friends at either place. I don't know the names used here. And I should think it absolutely kills you when someone uses the word "and" to start a sentence. Would be my guess.
(It that last one a sentence fragment? Or is the word "that" understood?)
(And on those last two, have I gone through some convoluted thinking to a presumption? Further, I don't know about you, but I tire of parentheses in a hurry. I've got to find a way out of them.)
Ah. There. That does it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: What is the Point of The Incline? -- Milly N. Neel, 19:06:59 01/11/17 Wed [1]

Here, in a nutshell, is why journalism is dying. Someone asks a thoughtful question worth considering and the resulting conversation devolves into a grammar quarrel. We deserve the sorry state we're in if this is the best we can do

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: What is the Point of The Incline? -- Offlooker, 09:51:23 01/12/17 Thu [1]

Milly, if you go back through this thread, the deterioration (devolution) began when Onlooker decided to pop off about grammar, having added NOTHING to the dialogue about the merits of these new journalistic vehicles. Someone had some sort of axe to grind, despite the rather silly "denials."

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: What is the Point of The Incline? -- Fragmentary, 09:36:19 01/12/17 Thu [1]

Sentence fragments.

That's how you pad out an article.

In the sports section.

Of the Post-Gazette.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.