VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

My Vintage Snowmobile Web Site CHAT
This is the Place To Chat About Old Snowmobiles!
Welcome to my Chat Page!
Please Keep It Clean & Be Polite
Post a New Message or Reply to One Already Posted.
Thanks and Enjoy!
PLEASE Click HERE to Go Back to MY VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE SITE

Subject: wont start

Author:
clickez (grr)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:48:59 02/24/10 Wed

i just got a artic cat 440 and it wont start no matter what i do whats wrong
Subject: crumb23

Author:
ben
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:48 02/24/10 Wed

I have recently purchased a ski doo citation 4500E but after a few hours of use i have found that it is in need of new gaskets that connect the engine to the muffler. It is hard to get to the bolts, it looks like the engine might be able to rotate if i unscrew some of the engine bolts, any true to this?
Subject: 1994 zr440

Author:
Kori Klockmann (frustrated)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:21 02/23/10 Tue

pretty sure mag seal is leaking (leakdown). Can this be changed by getting seal out and replacing or do i have to split crank.
Subject: In-line fuel filter

Author:
Laura
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:12:32 02/23/10 Tue

Further to my post of 12/18/09 on the 1983 Alpine twin-track: Found the flooding problem (eventually) - the E-clip on the jet needle had come loose, was in the wrong place and the needle would not seat. Fixed the smoking problem, but then I was getting a lot of air in the fuel lines to carb when the machine warmed up. Clamped, and then wired, all lines from tank to in-line filter, to primer lines, to fuel pump, to carb. Same air problem. So, ended up taking the in-line fuel filter off and the machine seems to be running much better (no air problem). Does anyone know if these old Alpines are not designed for an in-line filter?
Subject: 83 yamaha srv 540

Author:
Alan (angry)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:28 12/29/08 Mon

the sled started right up this year and we put some isopropyl in gas tank to get rid of any moisture then we got a now gas line and we were having problems with it cracking wide open down the trail for a while then it would die so we shortened the gas line and it ran a bit better and now when i drive it and its cold it will run like a bat out of hell but after a while it starts doggin down and it will only go up to 5 thousand rpms across powder and on hard packed it will crack open and jump up to 85 like nothing once it starts doggin down it starts back firing and you have to pump the hell out of the throttle to get it to run again. Can anyone help me plz im wasting time trying to figure this out and i cant even go riding with friends cuz they get tired of the sled acting up and having to wait for me
Replies:
Subject: 1985 bravo 246

Author:
bob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:57:33 02/03/10 Wed

Hi my problem is i rebuilt my engine and now when i start it up it will idle great but when i try to rev it up it back fires and sometimes quits. I checked all the coils and spark plug and carb, still does it. was wondering if i'm the only guy with this problem. Sure could use some good news. thanks in advance.Bob
Replies:
Subject: Need a paint code

Author:
Alain (Help!!!!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:31 02/19/10 Fri

I am looking for a paint code for a 1978 kawasaki intriguer 440 prod date (77/08) could someone please help me.

Thanks
Subject: 68 ski doo

Author:
Josh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:52:01 02/11/10 Thu

does anybody know the fuel/oil mixture ratio for the model of ski doo. It might also be a 66 or 67 ski doo. Any information would be helpful.
Replies:
Subject: 1972 MOTOSKI CAPRI 292 2B2H

Author:
SEAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:42:35 02/17/10 Wed

my father and i are restoring this sled,i'm looking for a right side foot mat that said motoski, and the emblem that sticks on the rear taillights.
Subject: seals in an artic cat

Author:
Allen Beams
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:00:31 02/12/10 Fri

I have a 1980 artic cat pantera, spirit engine, the seals are leaking from setting for years, is this one I have to split the engine to put seals in or is it one that can be replaces from the sides with out splitting?
Replies:
Subject: ski doo 4500 battery

Author:
rob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:43:06 02/15/10 Mon

where is battery located. just got it. dont know where it is
Subject: looking to buy a 1960-1969 ski doo.

Author:
Dana.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:22:41 02/13/10 Sat

Hi , my name is Dana , I live in Prince Edward Island. I've been searching for quite some time for a 1960-1969 ski doo in mint condition in Eastern Canada. Please replay if you have any information for where to find these machines. Thank you for your time.
Subject: 74 tnt fa

Author:
aaron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:46 02/11/10 Thu

i have a 74 tnt fa 340 twin carb. need to know how to run the fuel lines any one know ? has internal fuel pumps nipple off of bottom one on side bottom and one on top gas tank has three outlets
Subject: 1999 Articat Pantera Stalling out

Author:
Brian P (Confussed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:06 02/10/10 Wed

I bought a 99 Pantera 580 EFI. Emergancy stop switch not hooked up. When I hook it up and try to go in reverse it wants to stall out. Fwd it is worse. I replaced the reverse switch but did not make a differance. When i un hook the switch it runs fine. I would really like the kill switch. I am confussed? Any one can help me?
Subject: 1972 johnson fuel hookup

Author:
don
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:46 02/09/10 Tue

I am attempting my first restoration of a sled. It is (i believe) a 1972 Skee-Horse 30 hp. It has a single carb , it is the type that requires a external pump. There are 2 inlets to carb, one on top and on on side. Which lines go where? they were all off and I am replacing them. is one a vacuum line? The carb does have a pump type diagham in the botton. If it is vacuum line, can i split the one going to the external fuel pump? Thank you
Subject: 91 phazer

Author:
todd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:18:06 02/09/10 Tue

My sled has spark its getting fuel and air but won't fire on left side. Both cylinders have about 105 psi compression. I put new plugs in and it keeps fouling right away. I tried changing coil but it didn't change. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Subject: 1997 ski-doo formula 500 sl

Author:
jerry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:54 02/08/10 Mon

im curious if there is a common problem with coil or stator assemblies on the 1997 ski-doo formula 500 sl there is a fan on that side of motor ,,,it ran a lil hot and now doesnt seem to have spark ,,,,anyone know what current readings should be on stator and is there a way of testing coil,,,the coil might have been shorted out because of bad sparkplug wire boot ? thanks for your help jerry
Subject: oil/gas mixture

Author:
Shane Grosskopf
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:18 01/11/10 Mon

Does anyone know what the gas/oil ratio is for a 1976 Arctic Cat elTigre 4000 ? I was told that it is a 340 engine.
Replies:
Subject: 83 SKI-DOO CITATION 4500 POINTS CLEANING

Author:
ARNOLD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:10 10/30/09 Fri

Does anyone know how to clean the points on an 82-83 skidoo citation 4500? I have no spark and checked everything else.
Replies:
Subject: 1985 yamaha bravo 250

Author:
Bob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:34:25 02/04/10 Thu

Hi. I recently rebuilt my engine, bearings, seals, piston, rings, pin, needle cage bearing and gaskets. It started first pull but will only idle, when i try to rev it up it backfires and usually quits. I checked the resistance on all coils, all are good, checked timing, changed the carb with one off a working machine, tried the cdi off same machine and still does the same thing. Was wondering if anybody out there has had the same problem or knows what my problem is. Sure could use some good news. Thanking everybody in advance. Bob
Subject: 84 srv 540 spark problem

Author:
brett
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:38 02/01/10 Mon

misses at idle seems to clear up when you get on it but still doggie for a bit.
Subject: 1985 yamaha SRV

Author:
Brett Jones
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:22 10/12/09 Mon

Ihave a 1985 yamaha 540 SRV runs great. after a few minutes of riding it runs like it is getting hot. What can I do?
Replies:
Subject: 1972 elan lighting

Author:
Matt (1972 elan lighting)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:43:28 01/17/10 Sun

I
We just finished restoring a 1972 elan and seem to be going thru allot of head lights. My 1st thoughts is that we have missed some sort of inline 12 volt surge protection device or some other device? I thought that there may be a bad ground somewhere? Anyhow it appears that when we get going @ night and wind up this little speed machine and the light gets brighter, the bulb burns out. Is this a function of the type of bulb I'm buying? Does anyone out there have any ideas?

/
Replies:
Subject: 1978 elan

Author:
jaygassek
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:52 01/31/10 Sun

I have a 1978 elan 250 twin which I have had for about 10 years she is called BETTY, last year I replaced her cluctch with a duster 74c I just replaced the clutch side seal, I replaced the tillotson with a mikuni with a 170 main jet the drive belt is new she starts up fine and idles nice but my problem is when I go to full throttle and let off the throttle she will not continue to accelarate she kind of bogs down could this be a seal problem on the magneto side ???? does anybody have any ideas????? thanks Jay
Replies:
Subject: 1981 Moto Ski Electrical Problem, Help!

Author:
Jason
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:14:31 01/31/10 Sun

I have a 1981 Moto Ski Mirage II. It's not getting any spark. Have there been electrical issues with these? I'm not sure how to test or what to test for to figure this out. Anyone please help!
Subject: oil/gas mixture for 72 nordic

Author:
lucielle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:11:29 01/30/10 Sat

i just purchased a 1972 Nordic Ski doo, does anyone know what the oi to gas mixture is??
Subject: 1971 ski doo tnt

Author:
nolan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:40:45 01/27/10 Wed

what would you pay for a 1971 ski doo 340 tnt that runs but has no title
Replies:
Subject: low oil light

Author:
Daniel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:10 01/28/10 Thu

Hello, just purchased a 1997 Arctic Cat Panther 550. Mixed oil with the gas (dork) because all my other sleds were old and this is first for me in twenty years. Its smoking a lot, understandibly, what bothers me is that the "low oil light" is coming on and the injecter tank is at least 2/3 full? Most worried about the light??
Subject: Snowmobile regulator location

Author:
buzybug (Having a good evening.)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:05 01/27/10 Wed

I am wondering where the voltage regulator is located on a 1990 skidoo safari citation snowmmobile?
Subject: carburator setting

Author:
wayne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:19 01/27/10 Wed

I have a 1990 ski-doo safari L. I wondering if anyone knows the carburator setting. It has two carbs.
Subject: Gas/oil ratio

Author:
chris kelly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:15:31 01/23/10 Sat

just got a 82 polaris star and i don't know what to mix the gas at. does anyboby know?
Replies:
Subject: 72 panther-----lost key

Author:
Aaron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:29:17 12/14/09 Mon

hi all,since last season i have misplaced my key.How do i start it without 1? thanks in advance!
Replies:
Subject: 247 rotax

Author:
Deano (help needed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:39 01/24/10 Sun

would like to know what year this thing is. Motoski spirit seril# 5001-00662 motor#2891968 one lung 247 rotax whith tiletson carb. NEED points gap and spark plug info size,gap. any help would be great! THANKS
Subject: 1971 olympic 399 engine

Author:
Guy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:05 01/23/10 Sat

Hi, last winter my olympic 399 started flooding and has no power and stalling about every minutes or so when riding.
so I thought it was the coils. so last week I replaced both coils, and dismounted the carburetor and found ice in it. I cleaaned it and installed a new gas filter. ( didn,t put a new carburetor kit) Now it still has no power and I am wondering what it can be.
I also noticed that the spark on the right side isn't as great as the left side. what do you guys think it could be? thanks alot
Subject: need parts for yamaha srv 540

Author:
Eric Sherman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:40:08 01/21/10 Thu

my bushings are bad on my front suspension my skis r really wobbly. An the piece that the ski bolts to is cracked an would like a good used one. my skis r good but would like to buy everything below the shock if cheap enough. let me know if someone got the parts
Subject: msn and bsn numbers for a 1980 yamaha enticer 340

Author:
Ellen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:38:16 01/21/10 Thu

We are trying to register our 1980 Yamaha Enticer 340 that we purchased earlier this winter. We are told that we need the MSN and BSN numbers and that they will be different. Does anyone know where to find these numbers on the snowmobile?
Subject: 72 BLIZZARD ENGINE INFO

Author:
Ed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:23:08 01/21/10 Thu

I HAVE A 72 BLIZZARD TWIN RV ENGINE, NEED TO KNOW WHAT CARBS WERE USED ON THIS ENGINE, THANKS ED
Subject: Moto ski

Author:
Dan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:03 12/17/08 Wed

1971 Moto-Ski Bullet 800 Hirth engine CCM 793, Type 230RZ. Does anybody know anything about this sled? I think it is a prototype. Thanks
Replies:
Subject: 1972 johnson snowmobile

Author:
colleen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:36:34 01/19/10 Tue

does anyone know what the value of a 1972 johnson w/reverse...390 miles....great condition. or what web site i can go to and find the value
Subject: 72 ski doo elan

Author:
woody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:21:24 01/19/10 Tue

I have a 72 elan with a 250cc twin that just wont behave. I have installed new pistons, 140psi compression, resealed crankcase (seals). I installed new coils,condensor and points (.016" gap). rebuilt tilly carb......it starts up, but bogs...adjusted carb, makes a difference, but can't dial it in? I have another twin, tried a known good carb off of it, same characteristics remain. any suggestions? Is there supposed to be a timing advance tab on flywheel? will timing affect this engine this severe? I have it positioned in center of elongated hole....I'm at a loss what to try now? my other twin elan has no timing advance tab, and runs awesome!! please bounce a few ideas of me...thx
Subject: Vmax 540 - 1984

Author:
Keih Henson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:54:15 01/05/10 Tue

I am looking for a primary clutch for the 1984-87 V-max 540, and any information on how to rebuild the original clutch, has anyone had one fail? how tough is it to fix?
Replies:
Subject: Carb/ Fule Pump for Moto-Ski

Author:
Justin (unsure)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:16:15 01/19/10 Tue

I have a 1975 Moto Ski Nuvik 300 has a Rotax Bombardier fan cooled twin. Single carb. The prob is the previous owner has installed a add on fuel pump and does not seem to run like that at the moment. Did this previously have a pump built into carb? Would a carb kit repair the internal pump? Also what oil/gas mixture should i be running? It runs great on ether. You can see gas flowing through carb but not getting through jets maybe? Does that sound normal?
Subject: 1973 tnt please help

Author:
kirk (help please)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:37:52 01/17/10 Sun

We have a 1973 tnt 440, starts great idles great but when you go to accelerate it bogs, its been to numerous shops and recently I rebuild the carb and set the points and timing 100% has new points ,condensers and coils and wires and plugs,
any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks
email kirk.reimer@peelsb.com
Subject: what year is it

Author:
lanny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:58:57 09/23/09 Wed

PLEASE HELP

What year is my chaparral
serial no is 16362
displacement is H338cc
model is FIREBIRD
OR WHERE CAN I FIND IT IF I CAN?
Replies:
Subject: VIN # location

Author:
Clem
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:43:14 01/08/10 Fri

bought an old machine with no permit and I want to run a check with police,they want the VIN # off the machine but I don't know where it is, any ideas. (It's not the serial # on the side.) Thanks
Replies:
Subject: snowmobile problem

Author:
skidoo rider
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:26 01/06/10 Wed

when i start my snowmobile it just stays on for a few seconds and bogs down and dies and when i can get it to drive it only drives for a few seconds but it goes really slow and then just dies does anyone know what could be wrong
Replies:
Subject: 87 Skidoo Skandic 503 front spring

Author:
ron w (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:36:54 01/16/10 Sat

Looking for source for front spring[s]
Subject: 1968 Olympic

Author:
Sean P. O'Brien
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:55 01/15/10 Fri

What's the difference between an Olympic and a Super Olympic? I just picked up a '69, 299cc Olympic with a black dash cover. I'm trying to figure out which it is. Thanks.
Subject: 72 articat something?

Author:
christine (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:19 01/14/10 Thu

My boyfriend just purchased a 72 articat, not fully sure which one, and dont know how to find out. It needs many parts and would like to rebuild. please help me figure this out.
Subject: 1972 arctic cat cheetah

Author:
george (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:07:03 12/29/09 Tue

I recently purchased a 1972 arctic cat cheetah snowmobile
with less than 500 orig miles and w/orig engine
i would like to know correct fuel mixture ratio also tune up info i.e. spark plugs etc.

i believe it is 399 or 400 unfortunetly cant remember which one it is

thx in advance
george
cell 7089904334
Replies:
Subject: 1974 Ski-Doo RV 245

Author:
Jim McComb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:21:28 01/08/10 Fri

Great Site.
I have a RV 245 frame, no motor and an RV 250 frame with a type 454 rotary valev in it. I am looking for history on the 245 frame. I understand that they didn't make RV's until 1975, but this one has a 1974 stamp on the frame. I wouldn't mind finding an original motor for the '74, dead or alive.
Replies:
Subject: 1973 Capri Snowmobile

Author:
Terry Higgins
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:38:48 12/11/09 Fri

I'm thinking of buying a 1973 Moto-ski Capri. It is in very good condition. The only thing that might need work is the track.The suspension looks fine the track is a bit rough. The seller just said best offer. What do you think would be a reasonable price? If it needed a new track would I be able to find one and for how much?
Thanks for all your help.
Terry
Replies:
Subject: 1972 moto-ski capri 340cc

Author:
bob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:25:43 01/12/10 Tue

i leave in ottawa ont. were can i get parts for this sled i need the track for sure.

or which other ski-doo would be perfect to swap the suspenssion from to put on this if any body know it would be great i would have to spend hours and hours trying to figure this out thx .
Subject: looking for parts for 1989 340 Polaris Spring

Author:
John Olson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:15:04 01/11/10 Mon

I am looking for a taillight assembly for a 1989 340 Polaris Sprint. I am told it is the same as the Starfire. Anybody have any idea where I could find one of these. Feel free to email jotruckin@msn.com THANKS
Subject: my 1989 jag wont go fast and dont start good i need help plz

Author:
joel (dont no what it can be)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:00:17 01/08/10 Fri

my skidoo jag 340 start not that good i got it to drive but its not going fast can u tell me what it is plz
Subject: help wiring diagram info needed 4 96 puma 340

Author:
pete (kind)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:12:26 01/07/10 Thu

got an old machine im hoping to revive but, the folks who owned it before had alittle tape party with the wiring. i'm only 20 and tryin to learn on my own but, a little advise, support and help would be awesome. please if anyone out there can help please contact me. 802-730-2548 or e mail to tss01us@yahoo.com
Subject: 1982 skidoo nordic - carb. adjustments?

Author:
johnny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:43 01/07/10 Thu

hello all, new to sleds -- just purchased a 1982 skidoo nordic. starts fine but seems to be a problem getting fuel as it bogs down and needs priming in order to keep running. just took it all apart and cleaned the carb out but was wondering if any one knows anything about settings for this machine? thanks in advance.
Subject: What do I have

Author:
Mike Lewis (Looking for help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:30:21 01/06/10 Wed

I bought a old sled last night. They say it is a 1972 ski doo 340. I have looked at this year pics and can't find one that looks like mine? Need a fuel tank and maybe a new hood but not sure what I have?
Subject: 303 wankle carb settings

Author:
Dave (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:51:47 01/05/10 Tue

1972 articat with a 303 wankle runs but not at 100% can not get the carb set just wright engin has 98lb of comp. fixing up for my son who had brain surgey in july 2008 he wants to ride it in the worst way any help would be great thank you
Subject: 1976 Elan - Carbration problem

Author:
RickF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:12 12/11/09 Fri

Newbie (kinda) here - the sled worked last year. It did quit when it was hot but that was after a few hours of running (or so my son told me). Now - ether sprayed into the carb - the engine will start but stop as soon as the ether is gone. Pour a bit of gas into the throat of the carb - same thing. Gas is being sucked from the tank - I left the return line off of the carb and gas squirted out as i pulled the engine over so I am fairly certain that gas is getting from the tank to the carb. So - I thought needle and seat - opened the carb up and inspected the gaskets,and pump section and needle and seat - all looked ok. Any ideas as to why no gas seems to want to get to the venturi's but does go into the return line back to the tank?
Any help you can be is appreciated!

Rick - the wannbe snowmobile fixer!
Replies:
Subject: 1980 skidoo everst 500 spark plugs keep fouling out

Author:
Bryan (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:25 01/04/10 Mon

my spark plugs keep fouling out and the gaps are set right i keep cleaning the plugs out with a spark plug cleaner but after about 10-15 mins of riding they foul out again does any one know what i can do to fix the problem...thanks
Replies:
Subject: service manuals

Author:
bushwacker (puzzled)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:51:31 01/03/10 Sun

Was wondering where i might get service- owners manual for a 1986 ski-doo alpine
Subject: 1978 yamaha exciter

Author:
ffmed18
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:31:41 12/15/09 Tue

I have a 78 yamaha exciter 440, oil pump doesn't seem to be working, any ideas of where to start. I already checked around and unable to find new/rebuilt pump. Thanks
Replies:
Subject: 1983 ski doo 9700 fuel tank

Author:
Joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:45:24 12/31/09 Thu

I have a 83 ski doo blizard and need a fuel tank. Does anyone know where I can get a new or aftermarket one? Any info would sure help; thanks.
Subject: 1996 tundra 2 ski-doo photo

Author:
papow22telus.net (please)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:09:01 12/28/09 Mon

Hi, I'm looking for a photograph of a 1996 tundra II ski-doo snowmobile.Starting to wonder if ski-doo made this sno-machine.NOT LONG TRACK = "LT"
Subject: 1986 bombardier ski-doo

Author:
bushwacker (puzzled)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:49 12/28/09 Mon

I have what i beleive is a 1986 bombardier ski-doo twin track. I do not know very much about ski-doos and was wondering what sites i could go to for some usefull info on this machine THANKS...............
Subject: 80 SKI DOO BLIZARD 5500

Author:
ART (WANT TO RIDE)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:04:17 12/26/09 Sat

I NEED POINTS GAP#FOR 5500 1980 SKI DOO BLIZARD BOMBARDIER ROTAX 503 ENGINE THANKS
Subject: 1977 Pantera 5000 fuel line diagram

Author:
Brian (unsure)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:45:45 12/26/09 Sat

I have a 1977 pantera 5000 that I received as a gift from a friend..the fuel lines were rotted out in the tanks..I figured out the rear tank and how the line should be placed in the tank..what I'm wondering is how does the lines work in the front tank..it does not have a "T" for the both to hook up to..it does how evr have the stone filter/weight for both tanks...how does that work?? does the rear tank gravity feed the front???where can I find info on the lines that run in the tank??any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much;

"BRIAN"
Subject: help please

Author:
roger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:14:09 12/26/09 Sat

hey out there i am looking for the head bolt toq specs on a 1991 formula mx 467 engine
Replies:
Subject: 1988 Ski-Doo Formula MX

Author:
Randy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:21 12/23/09 Wed

I have been out of sledding for 20 years and now have picked up an old ski-doo. I am looking for some basic service information for an old Formula. There are two oil holding tanks under the hood. Can someone tell me which is which and what the oil types each one should be filled with. Any help appreciated, tks
Replies:
Subject: tnt 340

Author:
rayrg570
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:13:09 12/24/09 Thu

i have a 1974 -75 ski-doo tnt 340..does any one know what the correct drive belt for the machine is??and how to find the correct year?
Subject: 1988 Yamaha Phazer engine dies when warm. How do I fix the problem?

Author:
Joe Rap
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:55 12/23/09 Wed

My 1988 Yamaha Phazer snowmobile runs good but after running it for a while, the engine begins to cut out. How do I fix this problem?
Subject: Harley Davidson Snowmobiles

Author:
Ken
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:34:54 12/23/09 Wed

Hi a have a few Harley sleds that I am looking to restore. Anyone have any sleds, parts, memeorobilia, advice, etc??? Any help with these or photos of restored ones would be great. Anybody else out there love these things as much as i do?? Ken
Subject: How to change a track

Author:
Shawn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:10:02 12/21/09 Mon

I have a 76 Rupp 250 Nitro and the track is shot. I bought a new one but wanted to know the easiest, least time consuming way of changing it. Have never done it before and any advice would be great. thanks alot
Subject: 1983 Alpine Bombardier

Author:
Laura
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:39:35 12/18/09 Fri

I have a 1983 Alpine twin-track. Starts great, revs up good, idles good - UNTIL the engine warms up, then no response to throttle, smoking horribly and the machine will eventually quit with throttle wide open. New fuel pump, re-conditioned Mikuni carb set to specs, no fuel leaks, spark plug is clean, the throttle sleeve in the carb moves freely (checked when I set the idle screw). At my wit's end. Any help would be appreciated!
Subject: JLO LIGHTING COIL

Author:
ROGER
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:23 12/16/09 Wed

I have a 71 capri that needs a lighting coil can anyony help
thank you
Subject: changing gears for belt

Author:
Les
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:39 12/14/09 Mon

Just got a 1967 ski doo olympique and have to change the drive gear for the belt. How to pull axle - Help
Subject: 76 Elan Carb Problem

Author:
Wally
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:24 12/14/09 Mon

Check for an air leak on the tank to carb side - if it's sucking air (even a llittle mixed with the fuel)it will not run.
Subject: 1975 moto ski nuvk

Author:
Dan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:12:38 12/09/09 Wed

I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I can find a track and hood for a 1975 moto ski nuvik 300. Also anyone know the paint code used for the orange on the tunnel?
Subject: track length on a 1986 Tundra Skidoo

Author:
Lon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:04:12 12/06/09 Sun

What is the track length on a 1986 Tundra Skidoo, its not the LT model, but the Shorter Sled, thanks
Subject: Help

Author:
Tony Gauvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:07 12/04/09 Fri

I Have a 1969 Olympic 320 as it has 18hp motor can anybody help what is the AS stand for ....Thank You
Subject: 1974 Yamaha sl 433 f

Author:
Paul
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:25:19 11/29/09 Sun

Hello- I just bought a 74 yamaha sl 433f from my neighbor. Its been sitting for many years in her garage.
Its start and runs decent, but it needs a new front wheel sprocket. I've just started to tear down the sled and was looking to see how I remove the fron axle to make the reapir. Any help will be appreciated.
Also looking for places to go to get parts for this vintage sled.

THanks
Paul
Subject: Elan Shop Manual

Author:
Deric
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:54 11/29/09 Sun

Hello, i have 3 nice sleds, a 72 olympique 299cc, a elan 250 and a elan 299cc 300 ss, i need a shop manual for the ss, do you know of where i can get one? preferably a free pdf download sorta thing since im am very low on cash atm
Subject: Mikuni model and jet size

Author:
joel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:41 02/12/09 Thu

I am currently restoring two elans, I would like to replace the carburators(tillotson) with Mikuni carburators the engines are the 292 twin and the 250 twin and would like to know what model carburator and jet sizes would work best. If anyone could help it would be appreciated,thank- you.
Replies:
Subject: 1978 Yamaha Exciter 440

Author:
ffmed18
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:23:10 11/24/09 Tue

Looking for wiring diagram and any other useful info on this sled. I just aquired this sled any would like to have running this winter.
Subject: Identifying Model Year- Olympique

Author:
Scott George
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:45:13 10/12/08 Sun

My elderly uncle recently died and left behind an old, but clean sled--a Ski-Doo Olympique. We are trying to determine it's model year using the serial number. Can anyone please direct us to a source for doing that?
Replies:
Subject: What is this thing

Author:
jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:58:59 11/22/09 Sun

I recently bought an old sled to tinker with I know it a skidoo bombardier everest lc electra 464 but not sure what year I also need a repair manual and parts if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Subject: need help with elan 1988

Author:
dave cannon (bald guy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:46:26 11/04/09 Wed

I need help I replaced the gas lines and now i cant get the gas lines to to draw gas to the carb please help thanks
Replies:
Subject: 1972 ski doo elan 1 cylinder

Author:
X (BOISE ID AREA)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:56:12 11/19/09 Thu

Hello I have a 1972 Ski Doo Elan that I would like to get rid of. It is complete, but very sad condition as it has been abandoned for MANY years will make someone a hell of a good parts sled or a major restoration project. If no ones interested I am going to scrap it. Respond to mercedesbenz10@hotmail.com for part inquires etc.
Sled is located outside of boise Idaho area.
Thanks
Subject: Yamaha 396/433 crankshaft

Author:
dfresh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:50 11/17/09 Tue

I would like to find a crank for a yamaha or snowjet sl396 or knowledge of whether or not a 433 crank would work
Subject: 1972 wee-ski pocket rocket

Author:
logan kessler
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:04:13 11/14/09 Sat

not having any luck finding any info on this 1972? wee-ski pocket rocket looking for decal kit and air breather
Subject: 1985 ALPINE SKI-DOO

Author:
CAM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:14:34 11/07/09 Sat

I am looking for a starter for this 1985 alpine and I need a part # which I do not have. ANYONE??? should start with 503 I have been told. THANKS
Subject: merc trail twister

Author:
garth wilson (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:38:54 11/05/09 Thu

looking for a used windshield for my 76 mercury trail twister the blue one can anyone help me.
Subject: tillotson hr8a

Author:
torey boos
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:37:44 11/04/09 Wed

hey guys i have a tillotson hr8a carb and was wondering if anyone knows what the 8a part stands for?
Subject: need flywheel puller for 74 340 F/A SKIDOO TNT

Author:
Jason (TNTFAGUY)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:06:24 10/30/09 Fri

Guys, I'm looking for a flywheel puller for a 74 340 F/A. If anyone knows which one I need or have a part number i would greatly appreciate any info. Thanks-
Jason
Subject: ski skins

Author:
billiimbob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:20:59 09/29/09 Tue

Saw a Ski-doo elan with ski skins on you-tube(a kid called Simon Larouche has video posted there)would like to know where to find ski skins for an Elan if anyone knows?
Replies:
Subject: Cleaning Fuel Tank

Author:
Wayne Kinney (1970 Ski Doo 12/3)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:05:10 09/27/09 Sun

I have a 1970 Ski Doo 12/3 with fuel tank built into the frame can anyone give me any ideas how to clean the crap out of the tank so it wont clog fuel lines?
Replies:
Subject: 1978 Bombadier Snomobile

Author:
Dale
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:29:24 10/13/09 Tue

I own a 1978 bombadier Snomobile. (type 440 bore 2x67.5mm, Strok 61mm Capac 436.6cc model 5235184). Does anyone know what the gas oil ratio is?
Replies:
Subject: 1968 polaris colt

Author:
torey boos
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:25:39 10/28/09 Wed

hi guys i just got a 68 polaris colt not sure what size it has a single cylider hirth in it with a tillotson carb on it, was wondering if you guys know when i can get parts for it, havent done anything with it yet just got it today but im sure ill need a carb kit at least, windsheild is missing would like to get one but thats at the bottom of my list, i tested the spark and its great, email me at toreydevil2004@yahoo.com thanks guys
Subject: have a wonderful winter

Author:
Rampage (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:53:13 10/27/09 Tue

Hey now sledders, the best time of the year is right aroung the corner

r
Subject: no spark

Author:
Bob Murray (old dog)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:28:41 10/27/09 Tue

Have an 87 Alpine 503E with no spark. New coil-nojoy. There is a 3pin plug from the engine case to the CDI. I measure 29+ volts AC from the center pin to either side pin. Is this correct? Do I need a new CDI? Any ideas will help. Bob
Subject: 96 polaris xlt

Author:
shawn (bogs and smokes)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:20 01/18/09 Sun

hi all i have a 1996 xlt i ran it last winter with out any problems i parked it for the summer and when i started it this year it it bogs out in low rmp's and makes alot of dark smoke any idea's of what it could be..thanks
Replies:
Subject: 1972 Arctic Cat Puma 340 help

Author:
TJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:23:07 10/12/09 Mon

I just got a 1972 Arctic Cat Puma 340. I am trying to get it running again. The engine turns over fine and seems to have good compression but it won't fire. I drained the gas tank and put fresh gas in. I even put a little fuel right in the cylinders but it didn't fire. I checked the plugs and I am getting spark on both of them but not a bright blue spark. Initially I was thinking perhaps the one of the coils, but both of the plugs have about the same spark. Can anyone tell me if this sled has to have a key in it to run? I can just put a screwdriver in the key hole and turn it but if it has to have a key this may be my problem. I'm just trying to figure out how to get a better spark. Any help you could offer me would be greatly appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: 1973 john deer for sale

Author:
Paul
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:15 10/19/09 Mon

for sale 1973 john deer 500 good condition in Ontario
Subject: 1979 johndeere trailfire track

Author:
luke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:31 10/14/09 Wed

can someone help me?i have a 1979 johndeere trailfire and need a track,well what i need is the length and width of the track,? so i can get a new one,also if you know if a 121in.would fit.? thanks for your time.
Subject: 85 mx

Author:
glen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:49:14 10/13/09 Tue

i just got an 85 ski doo mx formula want to make sure im using the rite oil for the rotary pump. is it just two stroke oil?
Subject: Flooded snowmowbile

Author:
Jordan (i replaced the spark plugs and it still wont work)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:15:22 03/30/09 Mon

>>my 1986 yamaha srv540 is flooded with gas, even the
>>exhaust was full of gas when I took it off. What
>>should I do it won't start. missing out of good snow
>>any advice is much appreciated, thanks!
Replies:
Subject: 1978 Bombadier Snowmobile

Author:
Dale
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:07:57 10/06/09 Tue

I own a 1978 bombadier Snomobile. I need to see a picture of the motor used (type 440 bore 2x67.5mm, Strok 61mm Capac 436.6cc model 5235184) I have a hose that is attached to the gas tank that looks like an air intake but is not connected to anything. Does anyone know what this is connected to. I also noticed that 2 hoses from the carbarator that goes down but is also not connected to anything. I suspect that they do not connect to anyting. Does anyone have a picture that they can send me of a similar motor
Subject: wanted

Author:
robert
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:47:08 10/03/09 Sat

looking for a windsheild and air box for an 81 kawasaki ltd snowmobile with the keihin carbs. thanks
Subject: 1974 Elan SS 294

Author:
Harry Eustice (glad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:33 10/02/09 Fri

Can you install an electric start on a 1974 294 manual engine engine? If so, please advise. Thanks
Subject: Removing front axle - 70 Ski Doo Oly 335

Author:
Gregory E. Davis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:56:41 09/30/09 Wed

Trying to remove the front axle of a 70 Oly 335 but the bearing won't let go of the chaincase bearing cup. What is the best way to remove it without damaging the chaincase or track drive sprockets?

Thanks!

Greg
New Hampshire
Subject: 1968 Ski doo Olympique

Author:
Dan Thompson (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:33 08/07/09 Fri

Hi,I bought a 1968 skidoo olympique from a auction. I need to know what size engine it has.It has a small one banger in it, completly stock. Engine mo.# 1434464 iwas told it might be a 12 or 15 hp?
Replies:
Subject: 1980-84 SKI-DOO 3500 SS/MOTOSKI MIRAGE

Author:
Arlene (2 Sleds for Sale)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:19 09/23/09 Wed

Hi, I have 2 1980-84 SKI-DOO 3500 SS/MOTOSKI MIRAGE snowmobiles in decent sahpe. I would like to sell both for $1000 or best offer. Pymatuning lake area. Looking to sell or trade.
Subject: John Deer Trail Fire 340

Author:
Stan Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:36 09/21/09 Mon

I have a 1979 John Deere Trail Fire 340 in prestine condition and I don't have a clue to what it is worth. The "foot runners" don't even have the paint rubbed off and the hand grips are perfect. I started it about 5 months ago. It has electric start as well as pull rope. Can anyone give me some advice as I would like to sell it. Thanks, stan
Subject: 1970 ski doo olympic 399 for sale

Author:
villan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:05:22 09/11/09 Fri

hey guys i have a 1970 399 ski doo olympic for sale it runs and starts on second pull best offer takes it
Replies:
Subject: Need electrical diagram for a 1978 polaris 440 Cobra snow mobile

Author:
Rich (Help please)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:14 09/18/09 Fri

I'm trying to get my cousins sled going but the kids who tryed to get it going have taken all the wiring apart. I have no idea where things went to. Does anybody have a scamatic they can e-mail to me. Thanks for any help, Rich
Subject: 1971 Arctic Cat Lynx

Author:
Scott Renn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:45:47 09/14/09 Mon

Hello, I have an old 1971 Lynx and am starting to restore it. It has a 303 Wankel rotary engine that needs work. Currently it is not running. I am wondering who might be able to provide me with some information. I do not want to crack the engine open until I know that I can find a complete rebuild kid with schematics and torque specs for it. The snowmobile has sentimentel value and I really want to rebuild this original engine. It has been sitting idle for approx. 25 years. Any info would be greatly appreciated. If I can properly rebuild the motor, I would start working on the rest of the sled. Cosmetically it is in nice shape but needs gas tank work, a new wiring harness, some undercarriage work, etc. Thanks. Scott
Subject: 1963 skidoo nordic

Author:
travis (i have alot of old toys)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:15:55 09/08/09 Tue

i have an old i believe 63 nordic it runs im getting a carb kit for it cause i cant get the motor to go full throttle to set the hi idle on it so i think the carb diaphrams are gone im trying to sell it if anyones interested its missing a seat but thats all the sleds whole theres nothing missing just in parts rate now im trying to rebuild it from bottom up with out takeing the muffler off (head bolts rusted to much) not even chancein it but so far so good but if anyone wants it its goin for 450.00 my emails traviskepner@yahoo.com or my telephone is 1-207-843-1035 my name is travis i have other toys if anyones interested in a 61 dirt bike or 81 motorcycle both suzuki
Subject: engine size?

Author:
doug welton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:45 06/22/09 Mon

does anyone know what size engine the 1980 citation 3500 has ?
Replies:
Subject: need 72 johnson engine wiring schematic

Author:
tom e
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:49:48 08/25/09 Tue

Hello i have a friend who need the wiring schematic for a 1972 johnson snowmobile 27 hp has a few wires not sure where they go, would appreciate any help, to get my old friend going on his machine again
Subject: 1978 olympic 340e no spark

Author:
mike (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:48 07/24/09 Fri

got this sled from a guy great shape but sat too long i got the motor un seased and cleaned the carb pulled the flywheel off cleaned the magnets on it and cleaned the points off with a peace of sand paper put it all together and still no spark no power coming out of stator plate right near engine whats up with that???
Replies:
Subject: top speed of a 1990 articat jag 340

Author:
tj
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:50:42 08/14/09 Fri

i have a 1990 articat jag 340 and am woundring what the top speed is on it
Subject: 1968 ski-doo gasket set

Author:
Brian Ward
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:07:47 08/13/09 Thu

Anyone know where I can get a complete gasket and seal kit for a 1968 Ski-doo alpine with the 370 opposed twin cylinder engine?
Subject: 74 Cheetah

Author:
Dave
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:10:19 07/27/09 Mon

I'm just getting into vintage sleds. I bought a 74 Cheetah 440 and wanted to know if a 340 is the same sled with a different engine. Can the hood and chassis parts be changed out between the two?
Subject: Looking for a elan for sale

Author:
Frisco
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:56:15 07/17/09 Fri

I am looking for a elan.Pritty good shape that run's.
Subject: 1971 ski-doo Nordic

Author:
IdahoKurt (stuck...)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:37 07/15/09 Wed

Just bought an old ski-doo, but can't get the handle bars off to get at the engine. Any suggestions. I put a lot of Wd-40 on them and started cranking down a gear puller, but they aren't budging. Don't want to force it..

Should I fully remove the center bolt, I'm using it to leverage the clutch puller. It should pull right off, correct?

Any help appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: Polaris Starfire

Author:
Rick Greenfield
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:00:14 06/19/09 Fri

I just got a 1972 Polaris 340 Starfire. It was raced by the Racer's Edge. Any information including tech would be great. Thank you,

Cheer,

Rick
Subject: 1970 399 ski doo olympic

Author:
villan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:33:36 06/05/09 Fri

hey guys i have a 1970 ski doo olympic, it is running and i was wons=dering what this sled would have cost to buy new and what it would be worth today, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Replies:
Subject: 1970 motoski mini sno

Author:
glenn tocher
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:10 05/07/09 Thu

I,m looking for a wind shield for a 1970 motoski mini sno
Subject: 318 rotax

Author:
Wilbert
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:58:44 04/28/09 Tue

can someone please tell me the hp of a rotax 318 single.
Subject: omc rotary engine/evinrude

Author:
nick (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:55:09 10/07/08 Tue

looking for any info and/or parts for omc's rotaty engine. 528cc off of evinrude sled,not having much luck,any info would help!
Replies:
Subject: JLO ENGINE HELP.

Author:
todd parkinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:19:48 03/29/09 Sun

hi, i am in need of a JLO engine expert. the questions are as follows.
1. are all 340, 399, 400, and 440 cranks and crank case's are all the same?
2. will 440 cylinders, pistons and heads work on a 340 crank case?
will 399 heads work on a 440 cylinder?
3. is there a trick to remove the crank from the bottome case, the blue center seal will not release itself from the case.
thanks for the help.
Subject: 1970 Moto Ski

Author:
joyce rayburn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:36:47 03/23/09 Mon

Can anyone tell me what a 1970 Moto Ski Capri would be worth? Other than some work needed on the motor it is in good condition. Thanks
Subject: 1974 moto ski futura 440

Author:
Lucy (help info)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:12 01/21/09 Wed

I'm looking info about Moto Ski Futura 440 1974 which orignal engine make by BSE (Bouchard Special Engine) or Rotax (Bombardier) on year 1974 ?

What is Free Air ?

Thank you for help, Lucy
Replies:
Subject: 1971 artic cat panther 399

Author:
Randy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:11:34 01/31/09 Sat

Hey guys,ive got an old artic cat panther that ive been tinkering with it runs good but i just cant seem to get all of the bog out of it!anyone have any good tricks on carb adjustment?
Replies:
Subject: hose nipple off the front of crank case on 1996 zrt

Author:
mark
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:48 02/01/09 Sun

i just bought a 1996 artic cat zrt i just rebuilt the motor i need to know what went on the hose nipple on the front of the crank case seems to run fine but there had to be somthing on there
Replies:
Subject: engine problem

Author:
tifffer (sad upset)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:18:35 02/02/09 Mon

I have a 340 tnt the cylinder closest to the fan side plug keeps fouling up then runs rought it has new everthing any suggestion parts that are new pistons and rings gasket and seals lower end bearings new points condensor coils wires and plugs it has good compression checked carb is cleaned and set up also checked timming bang on what is wrong what am I missing it has a mikuni carb 34mm what is the main jet size to be as maybe to big of jet it has a 310 main jet suspect this is ok any info would be great
Replies:
Subject: 1966 ski doo

Author:
roy (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:38:23 02/03/09 Tue

could someone tell me if a 1966 ski doo single ccyl. with dual carbs. is very collectabe. i found it in cellar, need resto. but i tink its cool . thanks much Roy
Replies:
Subject: 1973 bombardier valmont 440 er

Author:
bart barkley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:16:59 02/09/09 Mon

I have a friend who just purchased a 1973 bombardier valmont 440. it has a tillotson HD 62a16 carb on it. he had some trouble keeping it idling, but seems to run fine when he drives at cruising speed. he has tried to tune the carb by tuning the screws in and out but says he cant find the sweet spot.I believe he said the low speed he has set at 2and a quarter turns, and the high speed set at one full turn.. now at this setting it seems to start nice, idle fine and cruise nice.. just wondering if anyone can tell me the actual settings suggested for the carb on this ole girl.and which screw is high, and which screw is low speed.. thanks in advance for your help
Replies:
Subject: 77 tnt 440

Author:
rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:54:19 02/19/09 Thu

I want to replace the springs on my rear suspension. There are part numbers for front and rear. I cannot see the difference from front to rear. I understand left and right will be opposite. Can I use front springs on the rear? I can't locate rear springs in new condition. I have been looking on ebay.
Replies:
Subject: oil in the crankcase of a polaris 680 snowmobile

Author:
trim 13
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:16:18 02/20/09 Fri

I have a polaris 680 ultra that I bought with a bad crank, I have all the parts to rebuild it but need to find out what kind of oil goes in the crankcase and how much?
Replies:
Subject: 1970 399 ski doo olympic

Author:
Dylan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:27 03/09/09 Mon

I have a 1970 ski doo 399 olympic i would like to know its top speed
Replies:
Subject: 1985 377 Skidoo Safari won't start

Author:
Mark
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:16:14 12/26/08 Fri

My 377 was running great & would start with the first pull. Now it won't even try to start. I have replaced the spark plugs, made sure the carb was ok & even replaced the gas lines. I get lots of spark. Everything moves freely. I put some gas in the cylinders but still no fire? I just don't understand. Does anyone have any idea of what might be causing this sled not to start? Thanks for any assistance
Replies:
Subject: ski

Author:
ben
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:41:03 03/02/09 Mon

i have 71 ski doo nor dic looking for skis any suggestions
please help
thanks
Subject: 399 parts

Author:
Looking For parts (wondering)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:54:34 02/28/09 Sat

i am looking for parts for a 399 cc engine from a 1973 olympique. i am looking for the intake that bolts between the carb and the engine. also looking for any other parts for that sled to complete a restoration. email me what you have and i will pay for shipping or come pickup/
Subject: 1967 to 1974 skidoos

Author:
joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:49:35 02/26/09 Thu

my family has 8 skidoos from 1967 to 1994 and they all run and are uot of the factory new
Subject: 84 srv voltage regulator location

Author:
dick s
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:05:56 02/22/09 Sun

The lights of my sled go dim then go to full strength and then dim again even at an even speed if they are dimmed and I hit the brakes they flash bright for a sec then dim. tried new bulb no help not the volt reg is next. Anyone know where it is located?
Subject: 1970 Ski doo Nordic

Author:
beezer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:51:38 02/20/09 Fri

Recently picked up and old 1970 Skidoo Nordic in excellent shape. But it does need a new muffler, the motor is a 399, is there anywhere on line to purchase after market parts for a sled this old??
Subject: 1974 Ski-Doo TNT 340E

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:43:20 02/10/09 Tue

I have a 1974 Ski-Doo TNT 340E. I spent my entire childhood riding this sled and a '74 Elan 250. Currently, the Elan is outside (the engine seized). We plan on bringing that in soon. Both sleds were sitting outside due to lack of snow until last year we brought in the TNT and started it up. It ran fine the entire winter. This year (about two weeks ago) we cleaned it up, charged the battery, and fired it up. It started on the electric start just fine and I spent all day riding it. I was riding along the side of a road when it just died. I tried to start it again, but no use. It started twice with the choke on, but as soon as I'd push the choke back in and press the throttle, it died. We dragged it home and discovered no spark. We changed the plugs, and still, no spark. We changed some wire clamps (not sure the name.. attached near the spark wire). We discussed it with our former skidoo mechanic and he thought that it might be the points in the condenser. Is it possible? And how can we get to that?
Replies:
Subject: Lighting problem with 1990 Arctic Cat el tigre

Author:
Wes (confused)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:56:14 02/07/09 Sat

I have no headlight or tail light when my sled is running, but I do have a high beam that I can use and my brake light works. Is this a wiring problem or both bulbs? Any suggestions? I am not a mechanic by any means!
Replies:
Subject: 79 TNT Ski doo 340

Author:
Brian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:46 01/31/09 Sat

sled idles fine but when you take off it goes for about 30 feet and dies then you have to prime it when you go to start it again.then when started it bogs and stalls.any help would be appreciated thanks. Have cleaned carb and put in new plugs - did not fix problem.
Replies:
Subject: slslsls

Author:
lol (lololol)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:31:38 02/18/09 Wed

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbssssssssss
Subject: recoil on 1980 moto ski

Author:
Diane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:54:53 02/14/09 Sat

Trying to put a recoil on 1980 moto ski keeps breaking the white plastic part please help.
Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]34 ]
THANKS FOR CHECKING IT OUT!
This is a FREE SITE, BUT Donations are Welcome to help cover costs of up Keep!
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.