Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

My Vintage Snowmobile Web Site CHAT
This is the Place To Chat About Old Snowmobiles!
Welcome to my Chat Page!
Please Keep It Clean & Be Polite
Post a New Message or Reply to One Already Posted.
Thanks and Enjoy!
PLEASE Click HERE to Go Back to MY VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE SITE

Subject: How do you remove the gas tank on a 1980 ski-doo citation?

Author:
Lachlan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:49 02/08/09 Sun

Hello to everyone out there in Ski-doo land.
I just got a 1980 Ski-doo Citation. Its been sitting for a few years and the fuel is definitely bad. Wandering what steps I should take to clean the fuel system, How to remove the tank etc.

thanks,

Lachlan
Replies:
Subject: 1989 Arctic cat Jag 340 intermitent spark

Author:
Ralph Fowler
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:36 02/10/09 Tue

I have a 1989 Arctic cat Jag 340. It has electric start, but the starter does not work. It has a back up pull starter that we use.

It started and ran for quite a while. It was shut off and re started and ran for a while. It was shut off again. It sat for a couple of minutes and we tried to start it again. It would not start. No Spark. Took the plug ends (caps) off and ran the wire directly to the plug and had spark. Ran and when shut off again, would not start. No Spark. We're thinking when the coil heats up, something inside seperates. Not sure if it is the external coil or the internal coil(stator)? Could also be something grounding out. Anyone know how to test the coil? The Stator? I don't think the electric starter not working should effct it. Help!!!
Subject: skiroule 300 and 400

Author:
Jeremy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:35:25 01/19/09 Mon

I have 2 fair condition skiroules. I live in the flint michigan area. Are you interested in these sleds. neither are running right now, has good compression. So Spark. am trying to trace out the prob now.
Jeremy
Replies:
Subject: citation 3500

Author:
brent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:31 02/09/09 Mon

i need a wiring diagram for a citation, i am trying to fix it up for my son, and the wirings a mess. i've replaced the coil, points and condensor, ignition and tether, i cut out the existing harness and re-done the lighting side based on a diagram from a 1997 tundra, but the ignition side is based a a CDI - no good for me. anyways any help would be appreciated.
Subject: carb kit

Author:
Bob (hopeful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:23:01 02/08/09 Sun

I have a 1974 yamaha GP 292 snowmobile . I need to find a carb. kit to replace the gaskets and diaphrams .All the carb says is MIC and MIKUNI / japan. The base of the carb has four phillips head screws and is round except on one side there is a oblong shape.(its hard to explain).If you know where I can find a carb kit please share that info with me, thanks
Replies:
Subject: 1971 ski doo olypic 340cc top speed

Author:
PJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:03:45 01/22/09 Thu

i was wondering about a sled i might be buying and i wanted to know how fast it would go. its a 1971 ski doo olympic with a 340cc engine.
Replies:
Subject: compression checked

Author:
bryce
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:23:14 02/08/09 Sun

i checked the compression on my 93 indy special 600 and all three of them are at 90 psi is this good or not...
Subject: spark-plug

Author:
Jeff Koss
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:30:10 02/03/09 Tue

Hey, I have a 1970 ski-doo with a 292 anybody know the required spark-plug for this one? I am having some trouble starting it and plug may not be right. Thanks
Replies:
Subject: rockwell 440 engine wiring

Author:
mike (stressed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:41 02/07/09 Sat

I am having a problem getting a spark from my engine to my 1977 scorpion rangewhip snowmobile. What color wiring should I connect to make a full curcuit so I can make my sled run? I have 2 yellows 2 blacks and a tan colored wires on the harness coming out of the motor and 2 greens 2 yellows 2 blacks and a tan coming into the wiring harness. please help me!
Subject: need some help to find what year my ski doo is

Author:
dwayne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:38:28 02/05/09 Thu

Hey
I was wondering if some one could help me out to find what year my ski doo is. serial on the sled #SS8-156116 has a rotax engine serial #1444515 the sled looks like a 1968
Thanks
Dwayne
Replies:
Subject: hp and torque specs for various elans motors

Author:
joel bouliane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:31 02/07/09 Sat

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding an elan sled from the ground up.I'd like to know what the hp ratings various elan motors. I have a 250 single and 250 twin would like to know if the performance is improved if I install a mikuni vm28 carb. Also,did the 292 ss version come as a single or a twin and what was its hp and torque?
Replies:
Subject: Ski doo elan 250?

Author:
Mike Quigley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:33:33 02/01/09 Sun

I have a ski doo elan 250 deluxe, My paper work say 74 but according to the pictures on your page here it looks like that 78.
My question is the single carb, its a tillotson, says oh10, it has a turn screw on the left side as you face forward with a L by it and a bolt head also on the left side that has a H by it, where should they be set? I would love a repair manual for this sled, clutch setting and maintenaince ect.. any help would be appriciated.
Thanks Mike Q
Replies:
Subject: points and condencor

Author:
tiffer18 (part numbers)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:19:18 02/06/09 Fri

I have a 1975 tnt 340 fan cooled want to know the bosch part numbers for the points and condensor as I put in the aftermarket ones and they are junk want bosch part numbers thanks it is a two cylinder
Subject: 1977 Ski-doo 440 TNT

Author:
Colton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:44:59 02/04/09 Wed

Hi i have a 1977 Ski doo 440 TNT F/C...i know alot about old sleds but this is kinda making me mad....some times it acts like it backfires or something it makes a popping noise when you go the throttle were u put your thumb jerks when it does this....PLEASE HELP!!!!...would really appreciate it...its only got 4000 miles on it...thanks
Replies:
Subject: secondary clutches

Author:
jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:30:24 02/01/09 Sun

I have 1996 YAMAHA ENTICER II,I was wondering if anyone knew the factory setting the secondary clutch spring? like I know my 92 phazer is set in 2-b...
Replies:
Subject: secondary clutches

Author:
jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:50:58 02/01/09 Sun

I have a 1996 yamaha enticer II I was wondering can anyone tell me the factory setting for the secondary clutch spring there are letters on one side a-b-c then there are numbers on the other side 1-2-3???????????
Subject: Voltage Regulator on a 1978 440 Exciter

Author:
Jack Wolters
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:08:37 01/31/09 Sat

Anybody know where its located, thanks
Replies:
Subject: Wanted parts or whole sled for 1966 Polaris colt 372 engine

Author:
Alan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:24 01/25/09 Sun

Does anybody know of or have parts or wants to sales a 1966 Polaris colt with a 372 engine in it ? i would like either parts or the whole sled need not to run but better if it was or has ran in a few years? please serious people only!!!
Subject: 1976 -1980 Exciter vintage photos

Author:
Snowman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:04:07 01/25/09 Sun

Testing the waters..I'm putting together a current Vintage Yamaha snowmobile photo page. Need photos of Your Vintage Yamaha Exciters 1976-1980,Please include a contact name,State,City,& Email....Thank you VoyForms for letting this post.......thanks Snowman.
Subject: 1974 Moto Ski futura 440

Author:
Lucy (more info)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:00:28 01/22/09 Thu

Thank you for help from 78tnt78 and need more info, I,m looking History Moto Ski for sure modele right about cabine color make orignal is red black white on cabine moto ski futura 1974 and engine BSE, but my cabine moto ski futura color is grey, yellow engine rotax 440, make sure right year is 1974 ? Please help me more info Thank you Lucy
Replies:
Subject: OLYMPIQUE SKIDOO

Author:
MEL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:20:27 01/23/08 Wed

I HAVE A 1978 OLYMPIQUE SKIDOO BODY AND A 399 MOTOR EVERYTHING IS GREAT BUT CANNOT FIGURE OUT THE WIRING FOR THE LIGHTS....CAN SOMEONE HELP...THANK YOU
Replies:
Subject: 1976 olympique

Author:
Stewart Williamson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:21:48 01/07/09 Wed

1976 340cc twin w/ single carb!

What is the gas mixture and how do i set the jets
Replies:
Subject: Sno-Jet windsheild

Author:
Bret Boyd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:45:14 01/17/09 Sat

Hi, i'm trying to find a windsheild for my 76 astro ss Sno-jet, but the thing is i'm trying to find the same kind as the one they have on this site ( flows with the body, low, race windsheild)unno what it called, but i need it so that the windsheild doesn't look stupid, going straigt up like the one i have.
Subject: 1963 Hus-ski 600 JLO

Author:
Donald Fraser
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:48 08/10/07 Fri

I have a vintage 1963 Hus-ski and am looking to find out what it's worth is? It's a dual track, all original parts and in good condition. The engine runs excellent! This has been kept in a dry garage for the last 20? years. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
Replies:
Subject: vmax

Author:
scott
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:36 01/16/09 Fri

hello i a 1995 yamaha 500 vmax it runs but after about 15 minutes of running it start to bog and back fire. then the plug fouls. any ideas
Subject: 69 Moto Ski Service Manual

Author:
Rick Foote
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:43:16 01/14/09 Wed

Looking for a service manual for my NEW 69 Moto Ski, the machine had only one previous owner, and is in great shape.

Any help would be great
Subject: 82 SRV 540

Author:
Crystal Bannister
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:19:13 01/14/09 Wed

does anyone know where i can find the specs to torque my head bolts?
Subject: 1977 skidoo oly. 340

Author:
Bruce
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:32 01/13/09 Tue

Wonder if any one has any numbers for the right points and condensers for the 77 skidoo oly. 340. I'm from ontario so not sure if the will be the same product numbers else where!!! any help plz.
Subject: Moto-Ski oil requirements

Author:
John
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:12:29 01/12/09 Mon

I have a 72 Moto-Ski Capri that I just restored. I am ready to fire the motor off after haveing it completly done over. The old mix I used to use is 20:1 1 quart to 5 gals. of gas. Can you suggest a new oil and mixture rate. Thanks John
Subject: points gap

Author:
darin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:15:42 12/25/08 Thu

anyone know the points gap for a 292 snow jet
Replies:
Subject: Pre Warmer

Author:
Brian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:33 01/10/09 Sat

Hello out there, looking to get some info on a 1982 slidoo 503 Blizzard. How important is the pre-warmer part off the enginge and onto the muffler. Can the sled run with out this hooked up? What will this do for the machine long term.? Looking not to hook it up and run a differant muffler set up. P.S. any budy with a wirering diagram of the motor components would be much appreciated
Subject: 1997formula 3 600

Author:
Don (frustrated)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:46:05 01/09/09 Fri

machine idles fine but seems to only run on 2 cylinders when revved up, had in shop told not sparking properly, put new coil, new cdi box still not working, any ideas
Subject: engine carb data

Author:
Stewart Williamson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:40:32 01/09/09 Fri

Most veteran googlers have propably already found this site but it's still worth a look.

GOOGLE search "engine/carb data" and recieve a wonderful resource!
Subject: carb settings for 1996 artic bear cat widetrack 550

Author:
jeremiah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:58:20 01/08/09 Thu

i need to now the carburetor settings for my artic snowmoblie and if it could be the settings on the carb that is makeing it back fire it runs great but back fires here and there it has the 2 vm mikuni carbs. thanxs
Subject: help

Author:
nick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:18:13 12/23/08 Tue

hey i have a 1970 skidoo boomer i think its called im trying to get it goin i got it started 2 times it moved down the drive way an would go any fathwer havent ben able to start it again i celledn the jets on the carb but i dnt know how to dial them back in if u can give me some ideas that would be verey helpfull
Replies:
  • Re: help -- ERIK (UR SKI DOO BOOMER), 09:25:01 01/08/09 Thu
Subject: 96 skidoo 670ss

Author:
Alex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:57:36 02/09/08 Sat

Please help!My 96 Skidoo 670 is acting up. it revs out at about 4200rpms.I've cleaned the carbs,checked any air gaps,changed plugs and checked throttle cable,but it still fast idles.any suggestions.....plleeaassee.
Replies:
Subject: 1981 motoski mirage ll

Author:
reg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:42 11/10/08 Mon

can anyone help? I have a 1981 motoski mirage ll with a 377 cc motor and a mic carburetor. I need to know the settings for the jets. there is a big one on the clutch side of the carb and a small one on the other side....
need to know how many turns from bottom out each jet takes..
Replies:
Subject: 1975 tnt 340f/a

Author:
Jody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:00:04 01/07/09 Wed

I have a 75 tnt340f/a wich has had a make over befor I got it. Some one has switched the motor to a 399 out of an olympic (not sure of the year) now my machine had run for a little and stop running due to bad coil. Changed coil now my sled will not start. Any help to get this beast running?
Subject: 1973 OLYMPIQUE 300

Author:
ERIK KRAHN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:11:15 12/19/08 Fri

thanks jay! skidootnt FOR YOUR HELP. I HAVE THREE MORE ? WHAT IS THE HORSE POWER OF MY 300 SINGLE? AND WHAT KIND OF CHAIN CASE OIL DO I USE, AND DOES THE CLUTCH SHAFT NEED GREASE?
Replies:
Subject: need help

Author:
Avery
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:02 01/05/09 Mon

hi i am looking for any information about a 1971 335cc nordic iv had it for bout 1 year now and cant find anything out about it and whant to know how rare it is
Replies:
Subject: Keeps killing spark plugs

Author:
Western rider (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:53 01/05/09 Mon

I have a Elan 250 twin and when i try to run it the spark plugs die , I have another sled same machine that is restored but i wanna make sure that my problem is solved before i get in deep and this problem is fixed these are 1976 and i can get the parts from dealers but i want some idea before i spend too much trouble shooting .
Replies:
Subject: 1976 or 1978 yamaha exciter snowmobile

Author:
Jacob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:02:30 01/06/09 Tue

I need help finding parts for my I think is a 1978 yamaha exciter snowmobile.People say It's hard, but i think if you talk to the right people like these people on this site I Think I might have a chance to go snowmobiling again in like two years. What I hope somebody can find me a carb manafold. Cuz mine is comming apart. I just Got it runing today and i don't think the glue (alls glue ) is going to stay on. And i can't afford a newer sled. Thats i need who evers help to get a mannafold for my snowmomile. You guys are my last Resorce Thank you for your help.!!
Subject: 1989 Srv 540 Snowmobile

Author:
CJ Szabelski
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:08 12/22/08 Mon

This sled has me puzzled. I ride it for maybe an hour and it runs great. Then I cant start it for half the day.Ive adjusted the carbs by the manual. The sled exhaust doesnt show to much oil or fuel burning. The wiring is good. The plugs arent fowling out. Looks like everything is hooked up right (hoses ,wires). Ive tried new carburetors ,the compression required is their. No leaks. What could it be, I wanted to get it running for the kids to ride. Its a 1989 SRV Yamaha snowmobile. I need help ASAP please..
Replies:
Subject: 78 tnt idle problem?

Author:
78tnt78
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:15:16 01/03/09 Sat

Hi, Ive been working on this problem for a couple of weeks now without any success.I have a 78 ski doo 340 tnt f/a.I have good compression in both cylinders,about 125lbs.The fuel pump is working properly.The carb has been re done and set to spec.I have 4 lines coming out of the carb.1 line goes to the fuel pump,the other line to the primer,and the other 2 lines are just vents that have 2 small pieces of fuel line connected to them.When primed the engine starts up very easy,and warmed up i can set the idle around 1800 rpm.When I give it a bit of throttle it revs up Ok but when I let off it either stalls or revs higher.Also idle mixture screw does nothing when turned.
Subject: will a makuni carb work on a single cyl.elan 250

Author:
Michael O (one lung)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:39:34 12/29/08 Mon

I want to put a makuni carb on a 72 elan single cyl.250 eng.,is it possible? will it work? tired of mucking around with tillotson carb thanks
Replies:
Subject: 76 yamaha exciter 440

Author:
Bill (bogs out)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:06:10 01/01/09 Thu

I have just bought a 1976 yamaha exciter 440
the problem i am having is that the throttle cable broke and i replace it but now it bog out and shut down any help would be appreciated
Subject: machine worth...if any?

Author:
sonny (curious)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:54:44 12/29/08 Mon

i am a jeep man, have no idea about the machines that sleigh threw the snow. i have like "brand new" a ski-doo bombardier 250 deluxe, WITH a mint condition pull behind (ski-doo) ski-boss sled....i was wondering if there is any value to them?
Subject: 1979 olympic

Author:
untamedspirits
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:04:29 12/27/08 Sat

I have a 1979 olympic I lost spark on one side and I tried moving coil from good side over and no difference.I have pulled the motor out and put new points and condenser in to it but I still have no spark to that one side..Remember motor is out so that elliminates kill switches,tethers,and all other obvious things ..I have no spark right at the points themselves..Looking in through inspection holes on the fly wheel one set gives off good blue spark and other set S.F.A.
Does anyone know what this could be?? It has got me any suggetions would be appreciated thank you..
Replies:
Subject: Rupp snosport not starting

Author:
Kirk Zastoupil
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:00 12/28/08 Sun

I just bought a Rupp Snosport from a guy at work who said it ran, but needed new diaphrams in the carb. We re-kitted the carb and no start. Will fire with gas in the spark plug, but we can't get it to stay running. Thinking it's not getting the impulse to draw the fuel up. 1 snowmobile guy said it didn't have enough compression. I'm not sure but almost rips your arm up trying to start it. Anyone have any ideas or know what compression I should have for this sled? Let me know at demozast@abe.midco.net This was supposed to be a christmas present for the kids

Thanks

Kirk
Subject: 640 nordic ignitionno spark on recoil side

Author:
karlbruns (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:28 12/27/08 Sat

i have a 1970 640 nordic need help with which set is my point set by the recoil side is it the lower or upper set
Replies:
Subject: 1973 SKI DOO OLYMPIQUE 300

Author:
ERIK KRAHN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:18:46 12/18/08 Thu

HELLO! I HAVE JUST PURCASED THIS SINGLE CYLINDER SLED AND, WAS WONDERING WHAT IS THE DASH SWITCH ON THE LEFT SIDE FOR? IT CONECECTS TO THE FRONT OF THE CYLINDER AND PULLS UP.
Replies:
Subject: 78 elan 247 twin

Author:
rob (help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:19:44 12/20/08 Sat

need help with engine, won't bring fuel to carb all the way seems like impulse line isn't working, no vacume at line. If gas is dumped into the carb it will run until gas is gone
Replies:
Subject: 1977 elan

Author:
Richard Branch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:22:56 12/22/08 Mon

I have a 1977 elan with no fire, tried a new plug and a old one, no luck. can i still get coils and other parts?
Replies:
Subject: moto-ski nuvik 300

Author:
TC Nuvik
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:41:33 12/18/08 Thu

I don't know much about sleds but got my hands on a 1975 moto-ski nuvik 300 and am having trouble with it. When it is up off the tracks seems to run fine throttle opens up and track moves great. As soon as I put it down it revs up and goes about 20 feet and bogs out and quits. Any ideas? Please help....anyone.
Replies:
Subject: about safari lc 1990

Author:
Gilles Proulx (sad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:26:44 12/21/08 Sun

My son bought a safari lc 1990 everything seem to be fine but the lights they work for a bit and then they dont work anymore i need you,re help. Can you help me . Thank Aline Proulx 1-705-967-2715 or email alineproulx2yahoo.ca
Subject: 1989 phazer oil mix

Author:
Mr. Finch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:31:42 12/21/08 Sun

I have 1989 Phazer deluxe and oil pump is not working. I need to know the proper mix ratio and type of oil to use?
Plan on replacing pump in the spring.
Subject: Tracks for alpine 1

Author:
Thomas Sterzinger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:32:18 12/18/08 Thu

Hello!

I just bought new tracks for my alpine 1 440e bombardier but now my skidoo broek down and I want to sell the new tracks.
If anybody knows somebody in Europe, who needs the tracks, please let me know!

I'm from Austria

Thank you, Tom
Subject: SAFARI HOOD!

Author:
Adam
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:51 12/15/08 Mon

NEEDED:1988 Ski doo safari hood in decent shape can be cracked up a bit but need to hold itself up!
Subject: 1975 tnt plugs problem 1 side

Author:
tiffer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:44:05 12/14/08 Sun

I have a 1975 tnt 340 with fan side plug fouling up i have replaced everything new pistions and rings new lower seals two new coils new points rebuilt carburator and fuel pump and new fuel lines new spark plug wires and ends can drive this sled all is fine starts good and after about 10 minutes driving looses power and plug is fouled put in a new plug good to go for about 10 minutes what am i missing also checked compression on both cylinder prefect I am running ngk plugs (BR8ES)
Replies:
Subject: ski roule

Author:
norm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:59 12/14/08 Sun

thinking of buy a 74 ski roule rtx 340 half decent shape runs but little rough just wondering what i should offer
Subject: Snow Plane Wanted

Author:
Sparky
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:44:20 12/14/08 Sun

Wanting to buy a snow plane - anyone know where one might be?
Subject: polaris tx

Author:
roland
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:30 09/05/08 Fri

hello everyone i'm looking for a 1970's polaris 440 free air can be blown looking to spend under $100
Replies:
Subject: speedway

Author:
steve dock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:00 11/12/08 Wed

looking for information on what i beleive is a 1974 speedway snowmobile. it has a 340 fan kohler in it. was wondering if this was a stock motor. any info would be helpfull. thanks
Replies:
Subject: articat wiring dieagram

Author:
neil
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:00:33 12/12/08 Fri

i have a articat 1978 i have removed all kill switches and but in a toggle switch and some times i still have spark trouble.if i unplug the wires at the engine and cross two it has spark.what is the little box with two wires coming out of it . it is down behined the cluch.
Subject: ski doo parts

Author:
dave
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:32:04 12/10/08 Wed

looking for 1972 tnt 292 engine parts
main bearings and con rod.
Subject: 1980 blizzard 5500

Author:
james (bummed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:37 12/09/08 Tue

Hi there, i am having a problem starting my sled. I was recently having some gasket isues and had to feather the gas so i changed the gaskets that were leaking, (manifold and head gaskets). IT has always started first pull with a few primes first and all of a sudden it will not start. It was minus thirty the other day and after driving around bow hunting i shut it down two hours later nothing. I beleive there may be water in the gas and lines but not sure. there is lots of spark and combustion but no go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Subject: PLUGS

Author:
untamedspirits
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:12 12/07/08 Sun

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me,? I have a 1979 340 olympic and when I got it the guy told me he runs two different plugs in it I beleive a ngk7 and an 8.which one would go the fan side ,,which one burns hotter I can never remember this shit LOL thanks..
Replies:
Subject: nordic clutch sticking how does it come off

Author:
karl1964 (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:17 12/08/08 Mon

i have a 640 rotax when my clutch engages it stay in even after i shut down my engine help please what could it be
Replies:
Subject: fuel system 75 ski doo olympic

Author:
harry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:28 12/02/08 Tue

I have been renewing a sled that has not run in years. after cleaning out the fuel tank and carb I noticed a small rectangular metal box. 1.5" x 2.0" and 1/2 inch high between the fuel filter and the carb with the fuel lines running through it. does anyone know what this is? How to clean it?
Replies:
Subject: 1979 arctic cat

Author:
charles
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:14:43 03/02/08 Sun

My 1979 arctic cat lynx bogs down when i press the gas. I've changed the fuel lines and cleaned the carb but it still bogs down. I think its a seal, mabye the crank seal?
help?
Replies:
Subject: 71 tnt head gasket leak

Author:
Mark
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:24:13 11/26/08 Wed

Just wondering if any one knows where to get a head gasket for a 71 tnt 775. Tried the dealer they said discontinued.
Tried aftermarket no listings for 775. Can a gasket be made or can Iuse one from another model? Thanks.
Replies:
Subject: 1972 Ski-Doo TNT- Olympique Gas Tank

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:21 07/27/08 Sun

I have a ski-doo gas tank made in 1972 it will fit 1972 TNT's or 1971-72 olympiques, it may fit other models but im not sure. its in good shape and it still has some 40:1 mixed gas in it (with stabilizer si it shouldnt go bad anytime soon).
i am asking $25 for it.
Replies:
Subject: 1972 skidoo olympique

Author:
harry nicholson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:47:15 01/27/08 Sun

I have a 1972 skidoo olympique . iT`s in good shape and starts easy 1st time. however after you run it a while you have to feather the gas to keep it runing. if you let it cool a while it runs ok until it heats up again.
I believe it`s a fuel problem just not sure what type.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: Sled stolen from Children

Author:
JIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:44:00 11/22/08 Sat

1980 John Deere Sportfire #120021M Reg#542260 was stolen and reported to Durham Regional Police rep#08-150504. This sled has sentimental value to our family. I am hoping someone might find it intact. This sled is unique because ut has the 340 Kawi motor instead of the 440. It belongs to my children and they are quite upset over it being taken. There was no insurance policy in effect at that time. I was hoping it might turn up. If you guys with a keen eye could find it I would really appreciate it... Jim
Subject: owmers manual

Author:
joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:09:02 11/22/08 Sat

i need a 1976 Ski-Doo Olympic owmers manual
anyone know where to find one
Subject: 1974 Polaris Custom II - paint code - parts

Author:
Greg Halbert
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:48:10 11/17/08 Mon

I am looking for info. on a 1974 Polaris Custom II 530. I am in need of some parts, and also the paint code for this model.
I think it should be the same as a 74' Polaris TX. Any help would be appreciated!
Subject: full choke problem

Author:
Harry Nicholson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:40:21 02/17/08 Sun

I have a 71 artice cat cheetah.
Put a new choke on it, emptied fuel tank and
changed lines and filter.
the sled starts and idles but will boog out
when choke is fully opened.Does this carb need
to be taken apart and cleaned.
please advise. it`s a 340 single carb
Replies:
Subject: Won't stay on

Author:
Randy Bordeaux
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:30:56 11/14/08 Fri

I recently changed my fly wheel and theres tons of spark but when i try to start it it starts for a few seconds and the backfires and turns off...Need Imediate Help...

Thanks

Randy Bordeaux
Subject: Re: OIL INJECTION LIGHT ON YAMAHA SRV 540

Author:
nick (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:45:57 11/12/08 Wed

>If this snowmibile has the oil injected into the
>intake by hoses you could actually pull the lines off
>of the intake and see if the pump is working by
>starting up the motor ad running if(if you do this
>make sure to run mixed fuel while testing it)if does
>pump oil i would check somewhere to find out if there
>is adjustment for the mixture to make sure it is
>right. If it doesn't pump, don't worry about it, just
>mix your gas and oil. Also check the oil tank to see
>if the oil level is to low or the sensor could be bad.
> But if you run out of ideas...just mix your gas.
Subject: Points on a 1975 340 TNT

Author:
SledEd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:34 01/04/08 Fri

I have no spark on one side of my 1975 340 TNT. Plugs are good, wires good, coil is good (I think) there is no spark coming out of the engine going to the coil. can anyone tell me where the points are located? Pretty sure thats with I should try next.

Thanks
Replies:
Subject: Anyone ever seen a NORTHWAY snowmobile?

Author:
Keith (waiting for snow)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:30 11/10/08 Mon

My brother had one of these yrs ago,22" wide track with
complete hood that opened from the front. neat rig for pulling fire wood.
Subject: High marked today!

Author:
Polaris 900 RMK 166 (Sledding today)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:12 11/08/08 Sat

Launched at Mt Bachelor Oregon today! 2ft packed down snow, climbed to the top of Moon Mtn (High Marked Cats and Dragon 800s.) Its good to be back!!!!!!!! Anybody else riding yet? If so where? And how much snow? Its going to snow another 2 ft this week here,see you up there.
Subject: 1982 yamaha 340 enticer gear box

Author:
Matt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:59 11/08/08 Sat

Need a diagram on how to put together the inside parts
of the gear box of a 1982 yamaha 340 inticer,Thanks
Subject: 1996 Arctic cat ZRT 600

Author:
Amber
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:29 03/11/08 Tue

Hi well ihave a quesiton if anyone nows i ran my snowmobile out of gas it was dry and then i put some gas in it but i am having trouble geting it started is that normal or did i hurt it some way?
Replies:
Subject: sled for sale

Author:
vic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:33:05 10/23/08 Thu

I am looking to sell a 1978 skidoo 300 citation good track,new drive belt,starts first pull every time. $400 call victor at {705}654 3023
Subject: 1972 elan 250

Author:
Jeff Cain
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:52:50 10/23/08 Thu

Looking for apperal to go with my 1972 elan 250, helmet, snowsuit ect
Subject: 1991 skidoo safari L head light problem, maybee something else???

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:29 03/02/08 Sun

Hello everyone!
I have a 1991 Skidoo Safari L with the 377 twin carb, the sled is great in the daylight, but at night it sucks!!! the headlight is on and working (well sort of...) but it's very dim... seems like it's not getting the current flow or voltage it needs to be bright enough to be effective, and the really strange part is when I hit the gas to get going the RPM's come-up like they should but the headlight gets even dimmer untill it seems to go right out, then when the engine comes back to idle speed the headlight comes back on but is still very dim.
Any help or advice with this would be very helpful.

Here is some more info about the sled incase you need it, it's got a battery that works great, elec start works, tail light works also, even the brake light portion of the tail light works as advertized. The hot grips work great too! The only thing that is different is I don't use the oil pump I premix with the gass, so naturally the tank is dry, there are 2 wires going to a oil tank sensor, but i don't know why that would be the cause of the headlight being dim... thanks in advance for any info, or where I could find a schamatic (wire diagram) for this sled.

feel free to e-mail me if you'd like
Jeff
yugecin79@gmail.com
Replies:
Subject: Skiroule parts, manuals

Author:
Robert Stewart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:25 09/08/08 Mon

I have two complete skiroule engine as well as two that have been taking apart. I also have steering parts, head/tail lights, carrbs, gaskets, oh, I believe the engine are 1970's and 72's.
Replies:
Subject: 1979 440 Everest

Author:
Baffled
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:32 02/24/08 Sun

Our old 440 always started after 2 primes. Plugs fouled quickly, so they were changed. Now it won't start at all, only backfires through the exhaust. Good fire to both plugs, & both cylinders seem to be getting gas. Any ideas on how to get this "old gem" running again would be appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: 1974 colt ss340 free air

Author:
mike (question)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:46 10/11/08 Sat

Hi there I recently purchased a 1974 Polaris colt ss340 free air. The only major problem with it was the head gaskets were blown i got the new gaskets and basically have it all back together but I donít know what to torque the head bolts back to. I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my problem?
Subject: I inherited a 61 skidoo . . . .. what's next?

Author:
steviefish
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:55:51 03/28/08 Fri

I live in Alaska and just "inherited" a 60 or 61 skidoo (metal skis), in need of engine work. . . . I know nothing about snowmachine repair, but am willing to give it a try . . . any advice on where to start? I do not want it to sit inoperable in my yard for more than a year. . . . is this out of reach for a novice?
Replies:
Subject: '72 440 Flywheel Puller

Author:
Fred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:28:39 10/04/08 Sat

Not wanting to destroy the studs on the flywheel, I used 3 long nuts, tapped them out to 8 X 1.25MM, screwed them on the studs, attached my balance wheel puller and popped off the flywheel. It was too easy. You Canadian guys have a better metric selection than we do in the states, so that part would be easier.
I didn't want to spend money on a puller that I wouldn't use 5 times. Just cheap, I guess.
Hope this helps someone else.
Subject: 1973 evinrude

Author:
nick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:01:39 09/21/08 Sun

i just picked up a 73'evinrude rc-35-Q.are parts still avalible aftermarket? would need engine gaskets and seals it has that wankel engine. any info. would help. thanks
Replies:
Subject: 81 polaris 440 cutlass ring gap?

Author:
aggravated
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:06:13 01/13/08 Sun

I recently got 2 81 polaris 440 cutlass sleds. Idont know their history. 1 runs ok after extensive carb,tank,pump,etc.cleaning and crank seals.other had dead cyl. tore it down rings were stuck to piston bad.freed them up had large ring gap(.028)piston clearance was .005put it together(with new crank seals as well)had to pull till 2 people were exhausted to start it. seems to spray fine mist of fuel out of rear of carb(single carb twin)wont idle under 2800 without spray of fuel from carb.if idle is set at 2800 it starts to run ok but not real good and then sucks air into rear of carb instead of pushing out.have taken everything off of other sled from stator to exhaust with no change.once warm will restart one pull.cold found will start with small amt of ether shot thru carb with slide open.is it possible the ring gap wont let the piston suck a/f mix until higher rpm?oh by the way 120 psi in both cyls and has been bored 060 (look to be wiseco pistons bores look ok any input would be greatly appreciated.thanks,jim
Replies:
Subject: Bubble nose covers

Author:
Doug Vinton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:37:47 09/13/08 Sat

Does anyone make a trailerable cover to fit the old bubble nose Olympics that isnt a universal fit? Thanks
Subject: 1972 elan for sale

Author:
wade corriveau (sledhead to the bone!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:03 09/06/08 Sat

selling a 1972 elan 250 single cyl. looking for a buyer with the intention to restore. this is a complete sled and ran two years ago i haven't had the time to restore myself. i have also owned this machine for 21 years and was my first ride. NO PARTS PIRATES APPLY!!! taking offers. email me at dubby99@hotmail.com
Subject: sno jet

Author:
Keith Ashdown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:34:27 09/04/08 Thu

I have a 1977(I think) Sno Jet 340 that someone has put in a 440 engine. In excellent shape and runs great. Wondering what it would be worth to sell. From the research I did when I got is a couple of years ago this was the last year sno jet was made. I don't want to give it away and have it destroyed because I thing some enthusiast may be looking for one.
Thanks
Replies:
Subject: wiring diagram

Author:
George
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:48:46 09/04/08 Thu

I have a 1973 evinrude quiet flite and i can't get sparkand I figure Ihave a wiring problem and need a wiring diagram to figure it out.
Subject: Fuel delivery problem

Author:
joeluvs2fish
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:42 03/30/08 Sun

I have a 79 AC Panther. Having some carb issues. Sled won't stay running. Don't know what the initial setting are for the carb.
Replies:
Subject: Skidoo Nordik 60 oil/gas ration

Author:
Corey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:56:44 06/17/08 Tue

What would the proper mix for an 87 skidoo nordik 60 ,497 be? Best oil?
Thanks
Replies:
Subject: moto-ski pull start

Author:
andrew
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:21 08/08/08 Fri

i HAVE A 1968 MOTO-SKI. When i try to start it and pull it the pawls don't grab the engine. but i took it apart and i don't know how it goes back together and how to get it to work. There are also little caps that I do not know where they go. If someone could please help me in my problem. Picctures would be great!
Subject: Evinrude Carb

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:05:32 07/27/08 Sun

I am thinking about buying a 1972 Evinrude Bobcat SS with a 437cc opposed twin cylinder engine. im pretty sure the engine is made by Evinrude. everything on the engine is fine except for the carb which needs parts, i have lots of Tillotson carb parts but im not sure if they will work in the carb on the Bobcat? Can anybody please tell me what make of carbuerator a 1972 Evinrude Bobcat-SS 437 uses.
Cheers,
Bill
Subject: 1973 Bearcat Polar 440SE

Author:
Edward Zalar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:14 07/23/08 Wed

I have a 1973 Bearcat Polar 440SE withh 116 original miles on it that I am trying to restore. I had the fuel tank dipped to clean it and it beagan to leak from numerous pinholes. I have been told that they company used the same parts as many other manufacturers did. It was suggested that they used the same tanks that Arctic Cat did. Does anyone have any helpful information?????
Subject: 1971 Ski-Doo 440 Nordic what is the value?

Author:
Mat (Curious)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:29:58 06/14/08 Sat

I am trying to figure out what a 1971 Ski-Doo 440 Nordic with 6 hours (on meter) and 438 miles on odometer would be worth? The snowmobile has been sitting (lifted on blocks)since 1972 in a garage. There seems to be a little bit of surface rust around the foot anchors but other than that pretty nice shape. Seat is like new condition. It has been the original owner and all original papers still intact. I'm thinking about buying. Below are some pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1741.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1742.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1743.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1745.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1746.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1749.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1753.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1755.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1758.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/TBD602V16K/Snowmobile/IMG_1759.jpg
Replies:
Subject: Fix it

Author:
glenn m wright (mountainman glenn)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:14 07/16/08 Wed

I have an 1980 yamaha exciter 440 and just have a near problem maybe with Exhaust Oil coming from the engine Ports down the side of the engine. Ports show some oil and gas heavy to light its smokes alot when started you could not breathe when choke is off an slight warm it quits the smoking. Is it the Carb Mix or wrong injector mix which is seprate items maybe just run oil allready mix in tank or what no good oil pump? thanks all Glenn m Wright
Subject: detailed wiring diagram

Author:
vic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:00:13 06/20/08 Fri

Hi yall anyone have a detailed wiring diagram for a 1978 ski doo 300 citation

thank's
Replies:
Subject: kill switch

Author:
vic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:58:21 06/26/08 Thu

does anyone know where I can get a kill switch for a yamaha enticer 250??????
Subject: 1972 moto ski mini cycle -where can i find engine parts?

Author:
catmaster
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:04:12 06/16/08 Mon

hi all! I was just given a moto-skeeter mini cycle built by moto ski.It has a bse engine that I belive to be a 98cc
according to a web site I found and I'm looking for sources for engine parts--rings,gaskets,bearings.Also looking for a recoil and re-coverable seat as these are the only parts that the bike is missing.thanks
Subject: oil mixer!

Author:
Bryan (i just need to know..worried)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:47 02/08/08 Fri

the sachs sa 290 sled motor is a 2 cycle right?..how should i mix it?. (the gas and oil). im not sure and i dont want to put more or less oil then i need. can you help me?.

Thanks.
Bryan
Replies:
Subject: Need to sell

Author:
Joey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:31:05 05/09/08 Fri

Ive got a comanche 290 with a koler engine in it any won want to buy it
Subject: engine

Author:
marvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:22:37 04/23/08 Wed

I have a 440 kawasaki engine with a code TA440A-C202 what year is the motor and what did it come out of need to order a cdi box for it and cant without that information,
Subject: gas and oil idnk if it is mixed or not

Author:
dakota j
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:34:36 04/18/08 Fri

i just got a 1971 440 or a 445 ski-doo it hasnt been started in about 7 years now i just bought it of my drandfather and he doesnt rember if it is gas or if it is mixed so i am just looking 4 some help here so if any of yall know please email me at dakotalikey@yahoo.com cuz the last time it was ran it died on us out on the ice and i thought it would of been my 444 panther but it was not and i had 2 use tht 2 tow me back in and i ant 2 big of a fan of articat and just this winter my ski-doo 600 rave saved my articats life it would b 27 feet deep in my honney hole
Subject: 1967 Ski-Doo Olympique hood

Author:
Dan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:41 01/14/08 Mon

I recently aquired a 1967 Ski-Doo Olympique and Ski-Boose, and I was wondering how the hood is supposed to be attached to the body... The reason I ask this, is because mine is riveted to the bottom of the body, all the way around. I have other Ski-Doos, and this one is the only one, that has the hood riveted to the body. Is this factory? And, if not, how is the hood supposed to be attached? Everybody I have talked to, seems to think it is factory to have the hood riveted down, in this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, If any of you out there, would have a picture of a hood for a 1967 Ski-Doo, that would help, as well. One more thing... I don't have the windshield for it, either. I was wondering, if anybody out there has the measurements for the windshield (witdh and height) Thanks much. Dan.
Replies:
Subject: 1975 TNT 440,Track wont move under load

Author:
Gord
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:06 03/06/08 Thu

I've recently Aquired a 1975 Skidoo TNT440.It has sat for 20 years in a covered shed.I repaired the seat,fuel tank and changed the belt.The motor will start and run,but will not drive anywhere.I drove it about 40 feet and then it stopped.if I raise the track and throttle her up the track will spin,but as soon as there is a load on ,it stops.I checked the clutch with the cowl raised and the drive will move in a bit and does not raise the belt up on the pulley grooves.I'm thinking the clutch is siezed,but am not real familiar on the operation.Can anyone help?Thanks!!Also,Do I need a special puller to remove the clutch if this is necessary?
Replies:
Subject: yamaha gp-338

Author:
sledder w
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:43:40 04/01/08 Tue

I just got a yamaha gp 338 that is in rough shape. i need a parts sled and was wondering if anyone knew where one was? perferibly in B.C. also any info would be apreciated I don't have a manuel so any scanned pages would be great!

Thank you for any replies

sledder w
Subject: skiroule/ski doo/yamaha

Author:
sledder w
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:38:02 04/01/08 Tue

I have a 73 skiroule Rt 300 a 69 ski doo nordic 640/e and two 80 yamaha enticers (250 and 340) I would apriciate any info on any of the sleds. i would really like a wiring diagram for the skiroule and where would i find skiroule parts? If anyone has any info or just to chat about old sleds please email me at longmeadow12000@yahoo.ca
I am 15 and just geting started with the old sleds (i think I have 2 omc's and another ski doo coming too) hopefully!! so any omc info would be apriciated too

Thank you for your time

sledder w (aka Wes)
Subject: 79 Blizzard sno-pro

Author:
Derek
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:15 03/27/08 Thu

Looking for 79 Blizzard sno-pro parts ----- Anything. drop me a line
Subject: me dunno

Author:
bob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:10:18 03/23/08 Sun

hi ppls wats goin on
Subject: ignition booster on 1991 to 1994 rotax engine

Author:
LG Paton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:48 02/12/08 Tue

Can anyone tell me how the ignition booster on the 1991 to 1994 rotax 503 engines actually works and are there any
test that I can run to check this part
Replies:
Subject: 73 arctic cat panther 400

Author:
kyle (frusturated)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:24 03/18/08 Tue

i have a 73 400 arctic act panther it has been tinkered with a few times before and the wiring is a mess im just trying to get it started the carb is good and i have new coils for it but need diagram to tell me what wires go where
can any one help me!
Subject: i need help with a late 70's polaris 440

Author:
Ed (confuzed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:06:47 03/15/08 Sat

Hey,
I have a late 70's polaris 440 two stroke twin, and i need major help with the wiring, when i got it it had plenty of compression, the carb was fine, and it doesnt get any spark. i looked at the wiring and it was a mess. random wires hanging out and gashes in other wires. can anybody help???
Subject: 74 Elan die's like lack of fuel

Author:
Leo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:43:03 03/09/08 Sun

Hi
Hope someone can help.........my 74 elan starts right away after I prime it, then it runs for about 30 seconds then dies eventhough I'm giving it throttle. If I keep pushing the primer it will keep running. I changed the carb diaphrams only. Also ensured that the suction hose from motor to pump is in place and working.
Any suggestions on what I should check next???

Leo
Replies:
Subject: front seat for 2 people

Author:
kory (the wonderer)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:08 02/23/08 Sat

does anybody know about a snowmobile (probably really old) that can seat 2 people side by side? I saw it on tv but my friend doesn't believe me. where can i see pics of it or what is it called?
Replies:
Subject: what is the original carburator settings for a 1971 polaris 340 colt

Author:
n.feinberg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:30 03/12/08 Wed

I own a 340 colt polaris and the problem is that a friend was messing with the carbs now it won't start, after a few pulls it floods right away.the sled is all original parts the coils are in great shape and have lots of spark,it get's gas but to much of it. how do you reset the carbs back to there original spects?
Subject: 1987 Ski Doo Tundra

Author:
Mike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:00 03/11/08 Tue

I recently purchased and 1987 Ski Doo Tundra to break trail on my property. It has been setting for a number of years so I want to remove the gas tank, clean it and put fresh gas in. Does anyone know how to remove the tank, without lowering the track, removing the seat etc?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Subject: 72 tnt 340, NO SPARK, NEED help

Author:
Mike (Sad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:14 03/11/08 Tue

I just bought a 72 tnt 340 twin and the guy said it ran 2 weeks ago and should start up but when he got here it had no spark ( i only slightly believe him because of the brand new plugs which are lightly browned .....its been going recently) ive checked everything disconnected from the harness to eliminate it so it must be a coil or something, from what ive seen if its external coils one goes at a time, correct?? so for both sides to go am i right to assume an internal coil? also do you know where to order these parts? any information would be a big help and greatly appreciated. let me know what you think! thanks
Subject: 1971 nordic 440 timing

Author:
philly (going nuts)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:00:05 03/07/08 Fri

I have a 1971 ski-dd nordic 440 and cannot figure out the timing if there is a way of doing this without special tools please walk me through this and it would be greatly appreciated
Subject: 92 elan 250

Author:
Michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:44:26 03/01/08 Sat

carb settings for hi and low speed jets? 2.5 turns?
Thanks,
Michael
Subject: carb settings

Author:
steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:14:25 02/29/08 Fri

I just bought a 1980 ski-doo citation ss , it is in mint shape 3000 original klm. stored indoors.Can anyone tell me how to set the idle. it is a 377 with dual carbs,and what is the proper spark plug for this machine?thanks for your time....Steve.
Subject: 1990 skidoo safari lx 440

Author:
Todd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:00 02/28/08 Thu

I'm looking at a 1990 safari lx 440. Does anyone no if this is a good sled or not? Also, I cant find anything about how much it weighs. It's only got 1000 miles and looks like its in good shape by the pics. Will it work for pulling a sled with a couple dogs in it?
Subject: 1977 Ski-Doo Everest 440

Author:
Jacquie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:21:32 12/29/07 Sat

The skidoo won't idle. Cleaned carb and fuel pump, replaced all fuel filters and lines. New plugs gapped to 20. The machine is hard to start, it's getting fuel when primed. When I get it going, it runs nice and smooth as long as the throttle is open. Let off the throttle, she quits. Please help, thanks Jacquie.
Replies:
Subject: my polaris 650 indy will not move

Author:
Tim Stafford (mad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:16:16 02/24/08 Sun

my snowmobile will not move,the cltch i9s fine and the belt is fine bu the track will not turn, whats up ?
Subject: 1972 cheetah

Author:
steve
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:01 02/23/08 Sat

i have a 1972 arctic cat cheetah and i put a mkuni carb on it does any one know where i can get a longer throttle cable because the factory one doesnt reach. any website that sells or a company
Subject: Value of a Sled

Author:
Andrew Reinhart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:51:05 12/22/07 Sat

Hi I have a 1972 skidoo Bombardier 399 in good condition, runs good and I was wonder the value of the sled.
Replies:
Subject: have 73 250 elan would like 2no wiring 4 the key switch thks Howie

Author:
howard liese
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:09:17 02/22/08 Fri

Subject: my 1981 citation

Author:
alex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:33 02/22/08 Fri

my 1981 citation was running fine till today the clutch gave out they do not make the parts any more can u help please
Subject: Wiring help

Author:
jon j sturm (perplexed but happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:35:19 02/19/08 Tue

Howdy, And thanks for letting me adress you all. One of the sled I picked up last year to refit and ride is a 77 polaris tx 340 , with a 1980 ec 44 t ie an air cooled 440 fugi star engine. I put new rings and a piston in it fired it up the first pull and let it idle for 5 minutes..... Beutiful. Changed the angle of the throttle and kill switch. Cleaned and the positive coil terminal and replaced the negative. put liquid tape on the connections. And no no fire. Long story , short. will someone send me a wiring schematic.. Also, Will an ignition and lighting system from an 85 indy trail 488 fit and work.. Thanks again.Keep the rubber side down.
Subject: Help getting 79 moto ski to run

Author:
Bob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:40:14 02/17/07 Sat

I have a friend who just bought a 1979 Moto Ski sled. He is trying to get it to run and I want to help, but I don't know anything about this brand(who made them, where were they made, where to get parts, manuals, etc...) I have a 79 John Deere and that is the limit of my experience with antiques. Any help would be appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: 372cc jlo

Author:
bobby
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:47:33 12/22/07 Sat

im looking for a hd tillotson carb. for my jlo 372cc motor .does anybody know which one it is.my sled is a 1966 polaris mustang.
Replies:
Subject: Parts for 1975 TNT 440

Author:
Jeremy Erickson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:27:44 02/01/08 Fri

Any engine parts
Replies:
Subject: No spark???

Author:
Bob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:37 02/12/08 Tue

Any Ideas, 1997 Skidoo Grand Touring 700 SE with DPM, no spark, where do I start???? Any known problems with this sled?/ Thanks Bob
Subject: 196? skidoo

Author:
Jim Bolton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:31:33 02/08/08 Fri

My grandfather left me a vintage skidoo. From my research(pictures of hood) it appears to be a 1963 or maybe a 1964. On the dash is a glove compartment lid with the serial # 37901. I don't know but believe the sled to be a 9hp. It is a rotax engine. It is made in Canada by bombardier. Can anyone tell me the year and engine size. The hood doesn't have the raised V shaped Skidoo lettering just the v shaped skidoo lettering.

Thanks,
Replies:
Subject: 74 johnson color code

Author:
mike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:12:01 02/10/08 Sun

I have a 74 johnson with a gold colored paint on the hood and tunnel, so I was wondering if anyone knew the color code for the paint
Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]4 ]
THANKS FOR CHECKING IT OUT!
This is a FREE SITE, BUT Donations are Welcome to help cover costs of up Keep!
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.